Explora Journeys sales doubling weekly, pricing will go up

Host Jazzbeau

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

What else do you expect from a sales leader? - he’s trying to beat up demand and represent a successful brand - his comments are certainly no surprise to me. What else would he say? “Loadings are poor and forward bookings low so we’re going to lower prices to meet the market” - now that would be a headline….

They will be governed by competitors pricing and overall economic conditions - and they will want improved occupancy 

Right now I don’t see prices rising to any great degree - they have to get the occupancy up and they have those limited Med itineraries on the schedule for 2024 that are hardly going to attract those looking for innovative and exciting itineraries with longer time on board (and higher fares)

I just hope standards don’t slip to match the budget - I don’t think that will happen but it’s a risk 

• Like 2

They’re launching a second ship. It would be scary if their sales numbers didn’t double. Plus they they just released all new itineraries for mid 2024 - mid 2025, so everyone is making (or redoing) their bookings, and I bet the sales guy isn’t netting cancelations out of his numbers 🤣

Yes, if you are a public company, market to fill. 

I would not want to be on EJ with over 500 passengers and I think they will be happy at this number for quite awhile.  I wouldn't give a nickel for whatever NCL is selling.

24 minutes ago, saminina said:

I wouldn't give a nickel for whatever NCL is selling.

If you sail on NCL, you will constantly have to give nickels (and dimes)!!!  They are the "Nickel-and-dime Cruise Line"...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, saminina said:

I would not want to be on EJ with over 500 passengers

That’s my worry as well. They’ve been sailing with only 300-400 passengers on a ship for 900. Restaurant seating, service levels, tours - it’s all going to be different on a sold out ship. 

1 hour ago, saminina said:

Yes, if you are a public company, market to fill. 

I would not want to be on EJ with over 500 passengers and I think they will be happy at this number for quite awhile.  I wouldn't give a nickel for whatever NCL is selling.

Over 500 passengers might feel crowded and stress crew for now

17 hours ago, florisdekort said:

That’s my worry as well. They’ve been sailing with only 300-400 passengers on a ship for 900. Restaurant seating, service levels, tours - it’s all going to be different on a sold out ship. 

I'm on the November 3-17 sailing and I'm waiting to see how many will be onboard

• Like 3

10 hours ago, dolls123 said:

I'm on the November 3-17 sailing and I'm waiting to see how many will be onboard

I’m reading posts by influencers elsewhere you all seem to be back on that sailing. I will be interested in numbers once we reach a more typical proportion of fully paying guests 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, uktog said:

I’m reading posts by influencers elsewhere you all seem to be back on that sailing. I will be interested in numbers once we reach a more typical proportion of fully paying guests 

oops that should read "who all seem to be back on that sailing"  Its as if Explora are bringing them back again and again at virtually no charge to keep writing fluffy drivel which they somehow believe will convince cruisers to come over to Explora.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, uktog said:

oops that should read "who all seem to be back on that sailing"  Its as if Explora are bringing them back again and again at virtually no charge to keep writing fluffy drivel which they somehow believe will convince cruisers to come over to Explora.

Yes, the whole travel industry is booked again on the 3 November cruise. Must have been rock bottom interliner rates. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, florisdekort said:

Yes, the whole travel industry is booked again on the 3 November cruise. Must have been rock bottom interliner rates. 

Yes cheap as chips but SOOOO wonderful.  Thee and me are lucky to be either side of it if my calculations are correct!

• Like 2

Does appear there will be lots of influencers on November 3 sailing. (Looking at the other internet site that shall not be mentioned) they have already begun to boast their good fortune of being gifted fancy penthouse staterooms. Although some paying guests paid a lower rate than what is charged today they booked almost two years ago with a large deposit. Taking a chance on a yet-to-be-built cruise ship and line. This was on the cusp of COVID-19, with lower prices all around so at that time price paid was fair. Yet to hear of any paying guests given lovely upgrades. 

• Like 3

Of course they have doubled.   So you cancel all of the Caribbean sailings for 2024. 

Then you cancel all of the 2024 Explora II sailings.   Then reposition the ships and reopen bookings. 

Surprise a rush to book...

Maybe they out to invest some money in their IT department.  Still cannot check in.  Also my booking disappeared from the web site under my account -- more surprises.

Edited by PaulMCO
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, florisdekort said:

A few more bad turns in the Middle East and they’ll end up cancelling the recently announced 17 Middle East cruises and redeploying the ship for a third time. Sales will quadruple!  

Just talked to some friends who are frequent cruisers on luxury/premium lines.  They wanted our assessment of E1 and, knowing their preferences, suggested they would be very pleased with the cuisine and laid back entertainment (oops...meant "experiences").  Our friend got back to me a were very disappointed in the EJ posted future itineraries.  To quote them, "we don't fly halfway around the world to go on 7-10 day cruises."  

EJ needs to thread a needle between shorter cruises (which are attractive to many younger folks who still work) and longer cruises (which are popular with many retirees).  This can be done through careful planning (do not have repetitive itineraries) and marketing long itineraries (which consist of smaller segments that can also be marketed to the younger folks).   But, if they continue to change/revise itineraries they will lose credibility among folks who tend to book cruises well in advance.

Hank

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

Just talked to some friends who are frequent cruisers on luxury/premium lines.  They wanted our assessment of E1 and, knowing their preferences, suggested they would be very pleased with the cuisine and laid back entertainment (oops...meant "experiences").  Our friend got back to me a were very disappointed in the EJ posted future itineraries.  To quote them, "we don't fly halfway around the world to go on 7-10 day cruises."  

EJ needs to thread a needle between shorter cruises (which are attractive to many younger folks who still work) and longer cruises (which are popular with many retirees).  This can be done through careful planning (do not have repetitive itineraries) and marketing long itineraries (which consist of smaller segments that can also be marketed to the younger folks).   But, if they continue to change/revise itineraries they will lose credibility among folks who tend to book cruises well in advance.

Hank

Couldn’t agree more.

I’m really hoping that we’ll fall in love with Explora the next 2 weeks, but am struggling to find anything interesting in their future itineraries. I’m hoping that this will resolve itself when ships 3-6 launch.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

Hank

Im not certain but it seems i have seen a drop in pricing

16 minutes ago, florisdekort said:

Couldn’t agree more.

I’m really hoping that we’ll fall in love with Explora the next 2 weeks, but am struggling to find anything interesting in their future itineraries. I’m hoping that this will resolve itself when ships 3-6 launch.

From having just gotten off the ship i find that luxury and premium cruisers should love EJ.  If not then they might have other issues just saying lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Waltershipman said:

From having just gotten off the ship i find that luxury and premium cruisers should love EJ.  If not then they might have other issues just saying lol

Thanks, but we’ll judge for ourselves. Tastes differ. To suggest that people who don’t agree with you have issues is frankly quite rude.

I’m sure Explora is super nice, but ultimately it’s about how much you pay vs. precisely how nice - in relation to the competition. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, florisdekort said:

Thanks, but we’ll judge for ourselves. Tastes differ. To suggest that people who don’t agree with you have issues is frankly quite rude.

I’m sure Explora is super nice, but ultimately it’s about how much you pay vs. precisely how nice - in relation to the competition. 

OUCH rude is something i am not enjoy your cruise or whatever makes you happy brings you joy and gratitude 

7 minutes ago, florisdekort said:

You must have missed the lol in my post 

Not rude 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Whipsnade said:

How many on board current cruise?

approx 500 --there are a lot of TA's among them too.

@Hlitner we just did a booking and ended up on Seabourn -- looked at SS, EJ, Crystal.  All but EJ had 7 day cruises that you could B2B and make a 14 or 21 day voyage. EJ went back and forth several time (example Athens to Venice and Venice to Athens at same ports) making them a non starter. SB was the easiest as the had a 7 day, 14 day or 21 day of these 7 day segments.

• Like 3