Captains club benefits

dundeelass

1 hour ago, dundeelass said:

Does the silhouette.have the happy hour in a lounge or is it like rccl and it's x amount of drinks at any bar.

Neither.  As @cruisestitch said, there is a drink list from which Elite and above can choose at MOST bars between the hours of 5 pm and 7 pm.  

Can someone who likes fruity rum drinks like me suggest what I can order from the Elite (5 - 7 pm) special menu?  The last time I was on a Celebrity ship it seemed like a hassle to get a rum punch 😒.  I do not like rum & coke and assume that I can get a basic rum & cranberry juice, but I would appreciate some alternatives.  Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Marcus305 said:

Can someone who likes fruity rum drinks like me suggest what I can order from the Elite (5 - 7 pm) special menu?  The last time I was on a Celebrity ship it seemed like a hassle to get a rum punch 😒.  I do not like rum & coke and assume that I can get a basic rum & cranberry juice, but I would appreciate some alternatives.  Thanks.

Maybe try the Sunset bar as they will have the “punch” mixers on hand. 

6 minutes ago, Marcus305 said:

There isn't much.

The celebrity elite drinks menu is both very limited and 'old school' in its selection.

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

This is the menu of choices available to you.

6DD492F0-58CF-4E95-B1AB-E5018CCF0417.jpeg

I'm familiar with the menu, but Celebrity is presumably not expecting its guests to order Bacardi white rum straight.  I was looking to see what rum drinks people have ordered using the Elite benefit.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Marcus305 said:

I'm familiar with the menu, but Celebrity is presumably not expecting its guests to order Bacardi white rum straight.  I was looking to see what rum drinks people have ordered using the Elite benefit.

I don't order rum drinks but what I have done with other drinks is ask the bartender or lounge server. They always came up with a suggestion that worked with the Elite benefit. 

4 hours ago, Marcus305 said:

You could always order a daiquiri or mojito .   But if you want additional suggestions look here. 

https://www.acouplecooks.com/rum-cocktails/

9 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Pretty much.  Those cocktails are not on the list.  So it isn’t just the rum that’s the question, it’s what goes with the rum to make the cocktail: the flavorings, the mixers, the mint. This

This essentially gets at the crux of my question.  What rum drinks have other cruisers been able to get from bars using the Elite menu? 

20 hours ago, Marcus305 said:

First off , you shouldn’t be ordering white rum 🤢

try a dark and stormy, dark rum and ginger beer 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

You could always order a daiquiri or mojito .   But if you want additional suggestions look here. 

https://www.acouplecooks.com/rum-cocktails/

15 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Are you saying you can't order on and it be made with the Happy Hour rum?  

I was "scolded" by a very young waiter in one of the other bars for ordering a mojito but the guys in the sky lounge, where we usually go, will make it for me? I think it depends on the bar (and the waiters who know you will tip them).

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Marcus305 said:

Obviously rum and coke. The Elite benefit is limited. It is not for fancy or premium drinks. If you want fancy or premium drinks pay for them. What I usually order from using the Elite benefit is beer or gin and tonic. They make gin and tonics with Beefeater which is a decent gin. There is no loophole unless you have found a server who you can smooze something better by bribing with good tips. But instead of doing that you could just pay for the rum drink you want.