Equinox b2b2b Sept-Oct. suite

39august

Came home on Oct. 14 from b2b2b on Equinox. Had a wonderful cruise in Sunset Sky Suite 2146. What a cabin!! Had one of our best ever cabin attendants, Sanjay. He does all the same jobs that every other cabin attendant on the ship ordinarily does. We didn't ask for anything else as he was running pretty much all day and evening to keep up with 12 cabins, at least 4 of which were suites. I asked only two things of the "butler team" concierges in the Retreat Lounge. Neither was done. Ian said he would see that our sparkling wine for the second leg of the cruise would be changed out for a cabernet. Didn't happen but Sanjay brought us a bottle later. I also asked Ian ( he was the one on duty at the time) to make a 12 noon reservation for Sushi. He made the reservation for 12:30. Then when I asked him to correct it, he made it for the wrong day. I suspected it would be wrong so I just went to Sushi and made sure I had the right date and time. Did Ian do anything for those of you who were also on any segment of this b2b2b? I have read several comments from those on board during this time, so wondering if anyone got any service from Ian. Gazelle was kind and willing, but very busy and difficult for me to understand. As usual, the staff in Luminae was outstanding and so friendly. We knew several of them from prior suite cruises on EQ and it is such a treat to see them again. We were so pampered by them all. Unfortunately, the children's filet has been replaced by a strip steak. I never tried it, so have no comment. I did think the entertainment was weaker than any we have experienced. None of the musicians wowed me, but a couple of the groups were good enough to keep me listening. The World Class Bar had plenty of Zacapa rum. We were happy to see our former butler, Mary, several times during the cruises. She is now a housekeeping supervisor. So at least she didn't lose her job. Widi in the Sky Bar kept our preferred Decoy and Haslinger champagne ready for us each evening for our before dinner drinks. Jamie in the Retreat Bar was going home for a break when we debarked and was training a lovely young lady called Larissa to take over. Great cruise all around and that suite, WOW. I would love to get a corner suite like that every time!

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, 39august said:

Came home on Oct. 14 from b2b2b on Equinox. Had a wonderful cruise in Sunset Sky Suite 2146.

We were on the Equinox last November and had a great time. We are boarding this Sunday for a b2b. Do yo know if Aurelian is still the Matire'D in Luminae?

Cheers

17 minutes ago, DingoMom said:

Sooo sorry to hear the child’s filet in Luminae is gone. It has been my go-to on many occasions! A strip steak is just not the same. Agree that Sanjay is outstanding and we also enjoyed Jamie in the Retreat Lounge!

We are not booked on Equinox for a future cruise but always interested in the SS as that is what we book and in the "butler team" which sounds like from your experience there really wasn't one as they did not make anything you requested happen at all/correctly. Sounds like, one hopefully gets a good room attendant, and they will take care of things for the suite. Not a good change as they will be ran ragged depending on how much people use them. 

• Like 1

I was in one of the corner Sunset Sky Suites 10/8 - 10/14. Ian helped me set up my WiFi service on the first day , and he helped me again when I had an issue with it. Honestly, after the second day I never saw him again.

Gazelle was a rock star in my opinion. I had asked our “retreat host”, aka room steward, to switch our sparkling for a Pinot noir or red blend and it was not done. I took the issue to Gazelle and she made it happen. In Grand Cayman she also plucked us out as we were headed to the back of an extremely long line waiting to go through security to get to the ship and brought us to the front of the line. And again, when I came to the lounge for help filling out the online  form for the luggage valet, she literally ran down to I think she said deck 2 to grab the proper form. She was panting when she got back. 

I never met a butler, and had trouble getting ahold of him. I was 0 for 3 calls with nobody answering the phone after dialing the head butler’s number. After the third call I eventually got a call back from Gazelle. She said it rings to the retreat lounge if it goes unanswered by the butler. We were ultimately unable to get a reservation at Le Petit Chef. The butler system was a fail for us.

Hey, butlerdidit, you must have been on the opposite corner aft as us. We were in 2146. I encourage others in suites not to ask your room steward to do extra, "butler" type work. Jelayne, you are correct. They are over worked as is. it is. Calling them Retreat Hosts is ridiculous.. Joker, no Aurelian. I think his name is Victorio. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 39august said:

Hey, butlerdidit, you must have been on the opposite corner aft as us. We were in 2146. I encourage others in suites not to ask your room steward to do extra, "butler" type work. Jelayne, you are correct. They are over worked as is. it is. Calling them Retreat Hosts is ridiculous.. Joker, no Aurelian. I think his name is Victorio. 

Yes, 2151 was us! 

I believe the maitre’d was Antonio. “As in Antonio Banderas”, is what he told us. 😀

Can I ask if you received a special box of chocolates on the Chic evening? We did in our Sky Suite on Millennium in April, but not this time. 

Edited by thebutlerdidit

15 hours ago, DeltaJoe15 said:

This Butler thing is mind boggling.  We have been in 4 or 5 suites on Celebrity and I dont remember ever asking the Butler for anything  Sorry I dont get it

Butler delivered and set up room service, made specialty dining reservations, brought coffee and juice in a.m. and snacks in the afternoon, kept the mini bar stocked and replaced used glasses, arranged snacks and beverages for in suite gatherings, handled emergencies such as broken shoe heel, button came off, etc.  decorated the suite for special occasions.  They did a lot of things to enhance the experience. 
Now we get to stock and restock our own minibar by hauling beverages from the Retreat Lounge.  If we want afternoon snack we can call RS and wait 45 minutes, if we need a last minute shoes repair we can hunt down our overworked cabin attendant or go to Guest Services, or Call the Retreat Lounge and wait for a callback.  That wasn’t the experience we were sold when we booked.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

Not a shoe repair, but I ripped out a hem while getting ready for dinner.  My butler had it repaired and back to me within the hour.  

Exactly, it is that type of service that will be missing without a Butler.

Celebrity suite perks while still good are no longer excellent, also believe quality of Luminae has gone down but service is still excellent. Never had an issue with concierge not following thru . At least we will have butler on next cruise in March have a royal suite on summit. I remember doing a sky suite several years ago without a drink package ( music charter) staff at micheals hid some bottles of decoy for us 😁😁

5 hours ago, jelayne said:

Butler delivered and set up room service, made specialty dining reservations, brought coffee and juice in a.m. and snacks in the afternoon, kept the mini bar stocked and replaced used glasses, arranged snacks and beverages for in suite gatherings, handled emergencies such as broken shoe heel, button came off, etc.  decorated the suite for special occasions.  They did a lot of things to enhance the experience. 
Now we get to stock and restock our own minibar by hauling beverages from the Retreat Lounge.  If we want afternoon snack we can call RS and wait 45 minutes, if we need a last minute shoes repair we can hunt down our overworked cabin attendant or go to Guest Services, or Call the Retreat Lounge and wait for a callback.  That wasn’t the experience we were sold when we booked.

Our dedicated Butler service on previous cruises has been the same experience and we don't ask for much, but he came through every time and after he knew us, three cruises with one being 24 days, he anticipated and went out of his way to bring us/suggest different things he thought we may enjoy. We'll see when we board Connie in 6 weeks, but we've lowered our expectations considerably based on experiences posted on CC. Will report back. 

5 hours ago, jelayne said:

100% agree with Sky Suite experience being watered down.  I refuse to accept these (and many other) changes.  We are canceling our Reflection Sky Suite and have booked a longer cruise with beautiful concierge veranda on Oceania.  We are leaving a small deposit on the table and $$$ in FCC’s (given as a makeup for a terrible cruise in March).  X no longer provides an experience we are willing to accept.

We were on Equinox B2B 9/24 to 10/8.  Ian was good.  Most times he seemed in a hurry.  I don’t think we presented any concerns to him.  Gazelle helped us with dining reservations when they were not made by shoreside.  She seemed more visible than Ian and was always smiling and helping someone.  We did get the special chocolates on chic night, maybe because we were in a RS.  

1 hour ago, bjahil47 said:

We were on Equinox B2B 9/24 to 10/8.  Ian was good.  Most times he seemed in a hurry.  I don’t think we presented any concerns to him.  Gazelle helped us with dining reservations when they were not made by shoreside.  She seemed more visible than Ian and was always smiling and helping someone.  We did get the special chocolates on chic night, maybe because we were in a RS.  

RS is  considered an Upper Benefit suite, so chocolates on pillows  nightly, included Specialty dining, stocked ensuite bar, etc.are included, which is not true for CS or SS.

30 minutes ago, SusieAV8R said:

RS is  considered an Upper Benefit suite, so chocolates on pillows  nightly, included Specialty dining, stocked ensuite bar, etc.are included, which is not true for CS or SS.

Correct!  Although on our cruise March, 2022 we did not receive any of the special chocolates on chic night in RS.  

6 minutes ago, bjahil47 said:

Correct!  Although on our cruise March, 2022 we did not receive any of the special chocolates on chic night in RS.  

mmmm......slip up on the part of your room attendant or cost-cutting measure? (The response from your Butler the next morning about this would have been interesting....)

6 minutes ago, bjahil47 said:

• Like 1

During our last cruise in a SS we had contact with our butler at least 3 times per day.  Not that we really requested or “demanded” anything.  It seemed as if he was always there to accommodate us.  He offered many services that we wouldn’t have thought of and made our cruising experience fantastic justifying paying the premium for a suite over AQ. 

Our next cruise is in a SS.   Paid 50% more than AQ.  Hopefully it will be worth the extra cost.   If not we will be going back to AQ or a veranda.  Other than the dining accommodations to me the only difference is the cabin size and the extra perks.   Many of the perks have been eliminated in the suites so that may become a thing of the past.  Let someone else spend their money for the illusion.  

When it comes to push and shove I can survive the rest of my life without paying outrageous prices for a cruise..   There are many other options to see the world without the restrictions of being on a ship.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

We did get chocolates on pillow every night of our b2b2b on Equinox Sept. 18- Oct. 14. But missed the delicious special small box of chocolates we used to get  on chic nights. Another cut to SS benefits. 

Edited by 39august

1 hour ago, 39august said:

We did get chocolates on pillow every night of our b2b2b on Equinox Sept. 18- Oct. 14. But missed the delicious special small box of chocolates we used to get  on chic nights. Another cut to SS benefits. 

We have been in RS, CS and SS’s and have never gotten a small box of chocolates on EC night.  

I was thinking about the Head Butler who had your mini bar emptied and restocked.  Someone else mention the Head Butler stopping by occasionally, I think that was on a M class ship.  

Reports of not seeing or being able to get ahold of the HB seem to be from E class passengers.

The M and S class (except Reflection) have roughly 50 suites where the E class has about 160.  The one HB on a E class would be hard pressed to visit each suite.  Service may be different for that reason.