post-cruise tours - Miami

Kuevan

Cruising on the Joy in December and looking at possibly flying to the port instead of driving. Flights home wouldn't leave until after 6pm. I checked the NCL website and do not see any post-cruise shore excursions available - is this not a thing? Anyone have suggestions on what to do besides sitting in the airport all day? Thanks so much!

30 minutes ago, Kuevan said:

Cruising on the Joy in December and looking at possibly flying to the port instead of driving. Flights home wouldn't leave until after 6pm. I checked the NCL website and do not see any post-cruise shore excursions available - is this not a thing? Anyone have suggestions on what to do besides sitting in the airport all day? Thanks so much!

For our December cruise out of Miami, there are multiple post-cruise shore excursions listed

Some examples ending either at MIA or FLL

image.thumb.png.73486661d72b19ccefa27e3a664145d7.png

image.thumb.png.4555369e7a58282d8501bd19bc478360.png

12 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

For our December cruise out of Miami, there are multiple post-cruise shore excursions listed

Thanks - I do not see any shore excursions for the Joy that will return 12/23. 

15 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Doesn’t help OP who has none listed.

10 minutes ago, zqvol said:

Doesn’t help OP who has none listed.

It was an encouragement for the OP to go back and figure out why they don't see shore ex because NCL is always very anxious to make sales. I have never booked a Miami cruise that does not have multiple post-cruise excursions. And we cruise out of Miami 3-4 times a year. 

Edited by BirdTravels

I would recommend a tour on your own. We did a discover Miami tour.

We had this wonderful company take us around Miami and Little Havana with a stop for lunch.

Large Premium SUV fit the 4 of us comfortably along with 4 large suitcases.

Picked us at port of Miami and dropped us off at MIA.

shuttle2gomiami  is the name of the company!

Or hang out at MIA. If you have AMEX platinum or priority pass you have access to those lounges.
AMEX PLAT- Centurion Lounge Concourse D by gateD12
Priority Pass lounge: Turkish Lounge in Concourse E and H (I think you can purchase day pass also)

In case you're flying in or out of Miami on American Airlines, you should be aware that the American terminal's shuttle train will not be operating for the foreseeable future. They are doing repairs on the foundation that holds the tracks. From what I hear, the distance from the furthest gate to the main terminal is about a mile...or a 30 minute walk.

https://www.cbsnews.com/miami/news/miami-international-airports-skytrain-out-of-service-over-concrete-structure-cracks-when-will-it-resume/

We're flying into Miami in American in December and weren't happy to hear this.

Oh...by the way. We were offered the city tour with airport drop-off and we signed up for it. 

Edited by schmoopie17
  • Thanks 1

We were on the Sky out of Miami in August flying out of FLL.  I never saw any Miami excursions available on line, but the shore excursion list on board had quit a few.  We did an Everglades tour with a drop off at FLL.  I think it was 119pp, and our 50 credit was applied so it was less than 200 for the two of us.