Expresso Martini's

Scoobydobe7

36 minutes ago, surfclam2003 said:

If you have regular drink package it is $3 plus gratuity = $3.60. If you upgrade to Plus it is included .

I just pay the extra each drink.

That's what I do also.  One way to use up OBC and I don't drink more than one or two a cruise.

56 minutes ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

Are expresso martini's covered in the drink package that you get while booking or do you have to upgrade???

and if an upgrade is required, what package do you need.

Thank you.

The drinks package covers the first $15 of any drink. If the drink exceeds $15 (which is the case with an espresso martini), you pay the difference in price. 

There is no need to upgrade unless you are going to drink 10 espresso martinis a day. Upgrading I just an unnecessary money grab. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

Re: espresso martinis...what everyone else said regarding cost.

Another thing to consider: not every bar will make them, so heads up about that. 

(As an aside: they're so popular now that bartenders generally hate making them). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, RD64 said:

I am literally having one at this moment - 

4 hours ago, JGmf said:

Re: espresso martinis...what everyone else said regarding cost.

Another thing to consider: not every bar will make them, so heads up about that. 

(As an aside: they're so popular now that bartenders generally hate making them). 

I am a bartender and I do not have an issue namking them...no different that a cosmo or a margarita..  

5 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The drinks package covers the first $15 of any drink. If the drink exceeds $15 (which is the case with an espresso martini), you pay the difference in price. 

There is no need to upgrade unless you are going to drink 10 espresso martinis a day. Upgrading I just an unnecessary money grab. 

You may think it’s a money grab, but for some, like me, it’s worth it. Being an Aussie/Italian coffee is huge to me, whilst Starbucks isn’t the best (not even close), its the best they have on the ship compared to the swill in the Buffett. Also getting bottles of water, real champers and more top shelf liquors. 

Each to their own!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

I am a bartender and I do not have an issue namking them...no different that a cosmo or a margarita..  

The difference is that you need coffee. On the ship, it may take you away from the bar for 5+ minutes to go and get the espresso whilst orders pile up and customers get unhappy.

10 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The difference is that you need coffee. On the ship, it may take you away from the bar for 5+ minutes to go and get the espresso whilst orders pile up and customers get unhappy.

With this drink you can get drunk and sober up simultaneously.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Actually you can premake the expresso and store it in a frig in a container...to use on an as needed basis...and the bonus is, it is already chilled

• Like 2

14 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

No bar that makes an espresso martini has to run over to the closest coffee shop every time they make the drink. C'mon Bird.

• Like 3