Haven on Escape

kidsnurse

At times (to relieve the Haven Restaurant), Haven guests are offered lunch in a specialty restaurant on embarkation day.

1 minute ago, Ellis1138 said:

I believe it was Cagney's for lunch.

It can vary by ship and by restaurant. I've seen Food Republic offered on Escape. I think that the concierge works something out with the restaurant.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kidsnurse said:

I have been on Escape before, and I seem to remember that on embarkation day, Haven guests were able to have lunch in one of the specialty dining restaurants.

Can anyone confirm this? 

Thanks!!

Nanci

On most other ships, the American Diner is used for overflow lunch seating. I don't know if the Escape is the same. 

And it is literally because the Haven Restaurant can't handle 200+ covers all at once on embarkation. They need something other than telling people to go to the buffet. 

Edited by BirdTravels

6 hours ago, kidsnurse said:

I have been on Escape before, and I seem to remember that on embarkation day, Haven guests were able to have lunch in one of the specialty dining restaurants.

Can anyone confirm this? 

Thanks!!

Nanci

Yes....American Diner. We really liked it!

On the Transatlantic in November, I don’t remember an offer for another option, I may have missed it but there were 5 of us over 2 suites and got a table no issues. David was a great concierge, if you get him you’ll have a great time.  

3 hours ago, DominicAUS said:

On the Transatlantic in November, I don’t remember an offer for another option, I may have missed it but there were 5 of us over 2 suites and got a table no issues. David was a great concierge, if you get him you’ll have a great time.  

Generally if the weather is cold, American Diner is not offered day one. Another option we enjoy (even if we are staying in the Haven) is Taste or Savor for lunch since the Haven lunch menu never changes. Dilip Lopes is the current concierge on Escape and is absolutely wonderful. 

• Like 1

On 10/23/2023 at 10:30 PM, DominicAUS said:

yes completely agree about David. Above and beyond on everything we asked

• Like 1