Classic soda package inclusions

cruisingram1

I was wondering if anyone has experience with the updated Classic Soda  package. This trip I paid $14.99 a day plus 18% gratuity. A great increase over previous years packages but it included all fountain drinks, cans of soda, juices, mocktails and smoothies. (All being the defining word for me) 

First morning at breakfast I asked for fresh orange juice. Told not included in the classic package. Waiter pointed to the list of juices anyone can order. OJ that tastes like sugar water ( think Tang!) 

Checked with GS. They printed out the same list as the website and he said ‘fresh ‘ juice not included. I chatted with Princess Chat and got no where. She copy pasted the same blurb as the website. Could not define “juices”. Why is Princess listing juice that is available to everyone? That’s like including water and iced tea coffee on their list. It’s free. You don’t list it as a perk. So no fresh juice for me. 😰

On to my search for a smoothie. Another wild goose chase. I’ve been to no less than 4 locations including two bars . The juice bar. The back of the ship. There’s one more suggested stop. The Piazza where they sell gelato. Haven’t gotten there yet. 

So…. Anyone have success with anything other than soda from the list of included items. I did get a can of Diet Coke. (Whoopie!) so there’s that. Thanks for any suggestions. $124 is a lot for a few glasses of Diet Coke. 

I believe I have read that not all ships have smoothies - although that seems dumb to me.  Also, the T&C does exclude fresh juices.  So, I am assuming that includes fresh squeeze OJ in the DR and not just the juice bar.  Will be interesting if you get a different answer.

This is the verbiage on website. 

• The package includes all, fountain sodas, and cans of soda and juices (excluding the fresh juice bar), mocktails, and smoothies as per the menu.

Specifically excludes fresh juice BAR but not fresh juice. The juice bar has some fancy juice concoctions so excluding I suppose makes sense. All I wanted was a glass of orange juice from a real orange.  To me the word “all” referenced juices. Why list something that is free to everyone? That’s more my point. A bit deceptive. 

• Like 2

Haven't you ordered any mocktails yet ? 

What they say on their website is

• The package includes all, fountain sodas, and cans of soda and juices (excluding the fresh juice bar), mocktails, and smoothies as per the menu.
Edited by MissP22

44 minutes ago, phabric said:

I saw the box they were fill the jugs, it is orange cocktail.

If they have the mix correct, it's drinkable. If not, it is pretty poor substitute for OJ. 

Also similar the stuff they call ice cream on the pool deck. It's not half bad if the machine setting is correct.

On 10/23/2023 at 2:09 PM, cruisingram1 said:

I was wondering if anyone has experience with the updated Classic Soda  package. This trip I paid $14.99 a day plus 18% gratuity. A great increase over previous years packages but it included all fountain drinks, cans of soda, juices, mocktails and smoothies. (All being the defining word for me) 

First morning at breakfast I asked for fresh orange juice. Told not included in the classic package. Waiter pointed to the list of juices anyone can order. OJ that tastes like sugar water ( think Tang!) 

Checked with GS. They printed out the same list as the website and he said ‘fresh ‘ juice not included. I chatted with Princess Chat and got no where. She copy pasted the same blurb as the website. Could not define “juices”. Why is Princess listing juice that is available to everyone? That’s like including water and iced tea coffee on their list. It’s free. You don’t list it as a perk. So no fresh juice for me. 😰

On to my search for a smoothie. Another wild goose chase. I’ve been to no less than 4 locations including two bars . The juice bar. The back of the ship. There’s one more suggested stop. The Piazza where they sell gelato. Haven’t gotten there yet. 

So…. Anyone have success with anything other than soda from the list of included items. I did get a can of Diet Coke. (Whoopie!) so there’s that. Thanks for any suggestions. $124 is a lot for a few glasses of Diet Coke. 

Mocktails are made at any bar.  Just order virgin strawberry margarita, virgin bloody Mary,  virgin pina colada etc.

Edited by Cruisintimer
Added the word any.