Which ships have the Vibe Beach Club?

Add Viva. 

NCL money grab selling something which is included in your cruise fare. Many people buy passes, few people use them more than a day or two. On our cruise last week, it was closed or unusable on multiple days due to temps or weather. On our cruise last month to Alaska, even though it was sold out to people who "would not sail without a Vibe pass", there was very limited use of the space. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Add Viva. 

NCL money grab selling something which is included in your cruise fare. Many people buy passes, few people use them more than a day or two. On our cruise last week, it was closed or unusable on multiple days due to temps or weather. 

After our upcoming trip I'll know more if I want it in the future or not.   

4 hours ago, D_And_K_gocruising said:

Where can I find out, what ships at this point and time have the vibe?  This is the list I found, but not sure if it's complete.  Thanks

Breakaway, Getaway, Bliss, Joy, Encore, Escape,  and Prima

Here we go again (not at you).

And we are one of the ones that would never cruise without it.    Absolutely love it and it is worth every penny to us.   

And unless I am missing something, a guaranteed seat with exceptional bar service is not guaranteed in your cruise fare.   

• Like 10

4 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Add Viva. 

NCL money grab selling something which is included in your cruise fare. Many people buy passes, few people use them more than a day or two. On our cruise last week, it was closed or unusable on multiple days due to temps or weather. On our cruise last month to Alaska, even though it was sold out to people who "would not sail without a Vibe pass", there was very limited use of the space. 

We paid extra for the vibe for the first time for our cruise out of Galveston in December.  I did a lot of research and overwhelmingly most people that paid for the vibe loved it and many would never sail again without it.  I have noticed you have panned the vibe on numerous occasions and am curious why.

Have you ever paid for and used the vibe on a warm weather itinerary such as the Caribbean?  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

We recently finished our sailing on Prima where we experienced the vibe beach club for the first time.  Absolutely loved it.  It was even better than what we were expecting.  Don't see how anyone would have anything bad to say about the vibe if they have experienced it.  

No smokers, no screaming kids, private bar, quiet tranquil ideal for reading.

Now the problem is we don't really want to take our next NCL cruise unless it has the vibe onboard.  To those that have experienced the vibe on different ships which one has the best vibe?

We are trying to decide between the Bliss in Nov 24, Escape Dec 24, and Getaway Dec 24.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, seemoreroyals said:

We recently finished our sailing on Prima where we experienced the vibe beach club for the first time.  Absolutely loved it.  It was even better than what we were expecting.  Don't see how anyone would have anything bad to say about the vibe if they have experienced it.  

Now the problem is we don't really want to take our next NCL cruise unless it has the vibe onboard.  To those that have experienced the vibe on different ships which one has the best vibe?

We are trying to decide between the Bliss in Nov 24, Escape Dec 24, and Getaway Dec 24.  

I can't really answer your question yet, but I'll be experiencing Vibe for the first time on Getaway in April.

I'll bet they are all pretty similar, but you just enjoyed the 2nd newest Vibe in the fleet and it had to be super nice.

I'll come back here after my sailing with an update but I'm sure you'll get others on here with some info.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, seemoreroyals said:

I am so happy that you came back and reported your experience!     

We have been on both the Getaway and Escape (twice) and both Vibes were wonderful.   The Getaway is double the size as it is now on both port and starboard.   When we cruised on the Getaway the Vibe was only on starboard.   This would not stop us as the Joy's Vibe is on both sides and we also had a wonderful experience.   To sum it up, all are wonderful as all of the bar tenders are top notch.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

I am so happy that you came back and reported your experience!     

We have been on both the Getaway and Escape (twice) and both Vibes were wonderful.   The Getaway is double the size as it is now on both port and starboard.   When we cruised on the Getaway the Vibe was only on starboard.   This would not stop us as the Joy's Vibe is on both sides and we also had a wonderful experience.   To sum it up, all are wonderful as all of the bar tenders are top notch.

On the Escape deck plans it appears to only be on one side.  It seems that it may be smaller than vibe on Getaway.  On our sailing in the vibe only about 80 passes were sold and we can't remember a time when there were half that number using the vibe.  

I was wondering if you had any info on both Escape and Getaway in regards to how many vibe passes were sold on each and if one felt more crowded than the other since in print anyway Escape vibe appears smaller?

Edited by seemoreroyals

3 minutes ago, seemoreroyals said:

On the Escape deck plans it appears to only be on one side.  It seems that it may be smaller than vibe on Getaway.  On our sailing in the vibe only about 80 passes were sold and we can't remember a time when there were half that number using the vibe.  

I was wondering if you had any info on both Escape and Getaway in regards to how many vibe passes were sold on each and if one felt more crowded than the other since in print anyway Escape vibe appears smaller?

The Getaway would be double the passes sold as it is now on both sides.   If I remember correctly, the Escape sold 80 passes both times we were on the Escape.  If it were our choice, we would pick the Escape over the Getaway as we do prefer the smaller size Vibe.    On our two cruises on the Escape, the Vibe never felt crowded.   However, a benefit to the larger Vibe is that you can switch to the other side if the side you are on is either to sunny, to hot or to windy.   We did do that a few times on the Joy.      Again, we have never had a bad Vibe experience and it is a must for us.

Happy planning and let us know what you decide.    Just remember to secure the passes immediately upon booking your cruise.   

• Like 1

The Vibe on Getaway is much larger. It is on both sides and across the bow of the ship. It offers great views.

The Escape is much smaller. On her, half the bar is inside the Vibe, the other half is utilized by passengers on the sun deck on the port side. Neither ever felt crowded. More staff in Getaway Vibe to deal with larger customer base. 

In my opinion, the Escape is a better ship. District Brewhouse and Food Republic are popular destinations for us-neither on the Getaway. If I was choosing a ship, I’d pick Escape over Getaway. The Vibe experience is very similar on each. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

The Getaway would be double the passes sold as it is now on both sides.   If I remember correctly, the Escape sold 80 passes both times we were on the Escape.  If it were our choice, we would pick the Escape over the Getaway as we do prefer the smaller size Vibe.    On our two cruises on the Escape, the Vibe never felt crowded.   However, a benefit to the larger Vibe is that you can switch to the other side if the side you are on is either to sunny, to hot or to windy.   We did do that a few times on the Joy.      Again, we have never had a bad Vibe experience and it is a must for us.

Happy planning and let us know what you decide.    Just remember to secure the passes immediately upon booking your cruise.   

Thank you.  We always book through CAS and usually finalize something first week of Feb once NCL announces which cruises qualify for CZR 7 Star Cruise.  

Last year we changed our mind from Encore to Prima in May.  I made sure while I had CAS on the phone that I was able to get vibe passes. We used CN certs for deposit and paid in full for vibe. 

Galveston is drivable for us so that may be the tie breaker and have us going on Escape in December.  

• Like 1

On 10/27/2023 at 9:10 AM, BirdTravels said:

NCL money grab selling something which is included in your cruise fare. Many people buy passes, few people use them more than a day or two.

i love the bird's detailed trip reports, with their many photos (without people!) and the posting of menus and food photos that make one simultaneously hungry and envious. but we must recognize that this recurring anti-vibe stance is just an opinion, no more or less valid than any other pro or anti vibe opinion. perhaps less valid if only because the bird has never revealed whether it has flown into the vibe and actually been a patron.

credibility is lost when the bird doesn't share with us its own personal vibe experience!  this leads  one to believe that the bird has never actually experienced the vibe, apart, perhaps, from taking the odd photo or two. 

further credibility is lost when the bird says that few people use their vibe passes more than a day or two. that certainly wasn't the case for me or the others that i met in the vibe on my recent cruise on the joy. i was there every day, including a chilly fall sail away out of new york in mid-october.  i was there, and the vibe was fully staffed, on windy and rainy days, as well.  you can't control the weather, that's true, but the vibe is one of the best and lowest priced cruise enhancements that NCL offers.

it's not true, as the bird states, that the vibe offers "something which is included in your cruise fare."  one only need read countless "chair hog" threads to know that it's nearly impossible to get a lounge chair on most pool decks onboard NCL ships without becoming a chair hog oneself. the vibe offers guaranteed seating in plush lounge chairs rivaling those in the haven. umbrellas are available for almost anyone who desires one.  and the views are generally better than many other vantage point on the ship. the vibe also offers highly personalized service from upper tier staff members that is in many cases better than the haven itself, as some haven sun decks do not have bars located on the deck itself and servers make infrequent visits.  

• Like 1

Just now, zqvol said:

Vibe is a waste of money.

Your opinion.   I believe other things are a waste of money; however, Vibe, for my family and I, it is worth every penny.    And we happily pay the price increase every year.    Everyone decides on how to spend their vacation money, and we choose to spend a portion of it on the Vibe.   

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, UKstages said:

the vibe also offers highly personalized service from upper tier staff members that is in many cases better than the haven itself, as some haven sun decks do not have bars located on the deck itself and servers make infrequent visits.  

My opinion........the Vibe surpasses the Haven sundeck.   

• Like 4

4 hours ago, vacation44 said:

Question I have been in the Vibe quite a few times. We are cruising the Joy for the first time and have Vibe passes how did you like the Joy Vibe? I know they all are different.

4 minutes ago, detroitlions said:

Question I have been in the Vibe quite a few times. We are cruising the Joy for the first time and have Vibe passes how did you like the Joy Vibe? I know they all are different.

The last time we were in the Joy Vibe was August 2022 and the bartenders were wonderful. Probably the best we encountered.   While we prefer the smaller Vibes, we did take advantage of having both sides of the ship and moved around a lot depending on where the sun was.    If you enjoy the Vibe experience, you will enjoy the Joy Vibe experience.   There is also a bigger Vibe crew on the Joy to make up for the size difference.    

On 10/27/2023 at 9:10 AM, BirdTravels said:

Add Viva. 

The vibe is great for a warm weather cruise. We wouldn’t sail without unless it was a Alaska or Canadian cruise.

If you like fighting for a chair the main pool is great for you

If the weather is outdoor sun-worthy, then not having the Vibe equals fighting for a decent deck chair and being in the crazy mess of people.  No thank you.  That's unwanted stress. 

Hence, on warm weather sailings, the Vibe is a must:  your choice of lounger; smaller group of people that become a mini-community; excellent bartenders; "shot o'clock"; no kids; and elbow-room in the hot tub.

My Vibe rankings from the ones I've been in:

1. PRIMA - it's bigger than most (except maybe Joy), the bar is in the center and beautiful, and the hot tubs flank both sides.  Downsides: occasional soot from the stacks (gotta fix that) and gauntlet through buffet area to get to it.

2. JOY - both sides of the ship, large bar, two hot tubs.

3. GETAWAY - both sides of the ship, large bar, two hot tubs.

4. ESCAPE - smaller, one side, one hot tub.  Not as roomy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

@JGmfI think we are about to pull the trigger on the Escape for our next cruise and with it the Escape Vibe.  Looking at the deck plans it appears vibe is on deck 19 and am trying to determine if elevators go to deck where vibe is at or if we have to use stairs last couple of decks. 

On the Prima we just got off of,  elevators drop you off just outside the vibe for easy access.   Please advise how this works to get to Escape vibe.

1 hour ago, vacation44 said:

The last time we were in the Joy Vibe was August 2022 and the bartenders were wonderful. Probably the best we encountered.   While we prefer the smaller Vibes, we did take advantage of having both sides of the ship and moved around a lot depending on where the sun was.    If you enjoy the Vibe experience, you will enjoy the Joy Vibe experience.   There is also a bigger Vibe crew on the Joy to make up for the size difference.    

1 hour ago, detroitlions said:

We were just on the Joy in June to Bermuda and thought that the Vibe was worth every penny, especially for embarkation day- it was wonderful to have a quiet place to sit with a drink as chaos outside ensued with everyone waiting for their rooms to open. The Joy's Vibe is expanding in February during her dry dock - laser tag is being removed to expand the Vibe area. We have our passes for June 2024 back to Bermuda.

3 hours ago, vacation44 said:

My opinion........the Vibe surpasses the Haven sundeck

We have taken cruises with Vibe as an add on to a balcony—it helps make the trip a standout. But we've also sailed in the Haven and booked VIbe. It's a different, more convivial experience than the Haven sundeck and bar. We have an aft Haven balcony and Vibe booked for 11/24. It's a perfect place for sea days or in a port like Nassau that frequent cruisers have likely visited many times (or if you miss GSC).