Dress Code and Theme Schedules for 2024

bluemarble

8 minutes ago, I Luv Crusin said:

I am disappointed that there is only a Red and Gold and one Gala night on the Caribbean Celebration on 21 Dec. 2024.  I thought that there would be at least 3.  My 20's dress will need to wait for a TA I guess!

Assuming yours is the 13-night cruise on QM2 from New York, that's definitely a departure from previous years which have had three gala evenings.

I don't yet have the dress code and theme schedule for the 21 December 2024 QM2 cruise. Please let me know which dates are scheduled for your gala evenings and which one has the Red and Gold theme. I can guess your Red and Gold gala evening will be Christmas Day and your other gala evening (presumably without a theme) will be New Year's Eve. But please confirm those dates for me. Thanks for your help with this.

At last themes are now available for Queen Anne, 14 nights, May 10th to the Canaries. 
3 gala nights

May 11th Black and White

May 16th Masquerade

May 21st Roaring 20s. 
Hopefully other Queen Anne itineraries will be showing themes soon. 

• Thanks 2

Queen Anne 

19 December gala masquerade

22 December gala Red & Gold

31 December Gala

2 January 2025 Gala masquerade

6 January Gala

10 January Gala  Black & White

15 January Gala Roaring Twenties

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ackcruiser said:

Queen Anne 

19 December gala masquerade

22 December gala Red & Gold

31 December Gala

2 January 2025 Gala masquerade

6 January Gala

10 January Gala  Black & White

15 January Gala Roaring Twenties

Thank you for this contribution. Could I please ask you to double-check one of those dates?

22 December is a turn-around day in Southampton. I'm guessing that's actually meant to be 23 December, the sea day after departing Southampton, for your Red and Gold gala evening. I'll list the date as 23 December for now since that makes the most sense. It might also be 25 December though since they sometimes like to schedule a Red and Gold gala evening on Christmas Day. In any event, please confirm for me the date you are seeing for that Red and Gold gala evening. Thanks.

5 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Thank you for this contribution. Could I please ask you to double-check one of those dates?

22 December is a turn-around day in Southampton. I'm guessing that's actually meant to be 23 December, the sea day after departing Southampton, for your Red and Gold gala evening. I'll list the date as 23 December for now since that makes the most sense. It might also be 25 December though since they sometimes like to schedule a Red and Gold gala evening on Christmas Day. In any event, please confirm for me the date you are seeing for that Red and Gold gala evening. Thanks.

My Mistake. the correct date is December 25.

• Thanks 1

Introducing the Queen Anne 2024 Dress Code and Theme Schedule document. I'll add the link for QA to the list of links for the other ships to have them all in one place.

QM2: QM2 2024 Dress Code and Theme Schedule
QV: QV 2024 Dress Code and Theme Schedule
QE: QE 2024 Dress Code and Theme Schedule
QA: QA 2024 Dress Code and Theme Schedule

Of course at this point, the QA document is still very sparse. If you are on a QA voyage that I don't already have listed please let me know what you are seeing for your dress code and theme schedule in the daily calendar section of your booking in My Cunard. I just need to know the dates of your voyage, which dates are scheduled as gala evenings, and what themes (if any) are scheduled on those gala evenings.

Also, additional dress code and theme schedules have now been posted for QE. If you are on a QE sailing departing March 10th or later please let me know the schedule for your voyage as well.

And of course there are still quite a few gaps in the QM2 and QV documents. Please let me know the dress code and theme schedule for your QM2 and QV voyages if they aren't already listed in these documents.

As always, thanks for any assistance you are able to provide with this project.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bluemarble said:

If you are on a QE sailing departing March 10th or later please let me know the schedule for your voyage as well.

Q420 10 Nights Alaska from June 21. Only two Gala nights:

6/22 - Ice White

6/29 - Masquerade 

All other nights Smart Attire. 
I really thought for 10 nights we’d have three Gala’s. Frustrating to bring all the Gala wear for only two nights, especially since we have the equivalent of four sea days (scenic cruising). 
I emailed Cunard to give my feedback about going all the way to Alaska for 10 nights and only two Gala nights. The voyage in July has three. 

Edited by NE John
  • Thanks 1

Finally, some information regarding themes for Q415 and Q416; QE in Japan.

Q415

27th April Black and White

30th April Masquerade

3rd May Red and Gold

Q416

6th May Black and White

8th May Masquerade

12th May Red and Gold

No surprises there! However, I'm hoping the red and gold theme might be rather spectacular in Japan and hopefully with a large number of local passengers on board. 

• Thanks 1

Hello, I can confirm the info you already have for Queen Elizabeth's Sydney-Tokyo repositioning cruise, and I also have the info for QE's Vancouver - Sydney repositioning and the following Sydney - Fremantle cruise:

10 Mar Sydney
11 Mar                          Black and White
12 Mar
13 Mar Cairns
14 Mar
15 Mar Alotau
16 Mar                          Red and Gold
17 Mar Rabaul
18 Mar
19 Mar                          Masquerade
20 Mar
21 Mar Guam
22 Mar
23 Mar                          Roaring Twenties
24 Mar
25 Mar Nagasaki
26 Mar Aburatsu
27 Mar
28 Mar Tokyo

19 Sep Vancouver
20 Sep                          Gala Evening
21 Sep
22 Sep San Francisco
23 Sep
24 Sep                          Black and White
25 Sep
26 Sep
27 Sep Honolulu
28 Sep Honolulu
29 Sep
30 Sep                          Masquerade
01 Oct (crossing IDL)
02 Oct
03 Oct
04 Oct
05 Oct Apia
06 Oct
07 Oct                          Red and Gold
08 Oct
09 Oct Auckland
10 Oct Auckland
11 Oct Tauranga
12 Oct Bay of islands (tender)
13 Oct
14 Oct                          Roaring Twenties
15 Oct
16 Oct Melbourne
17 Oct
18 Oct Sydney
19 Oct                          Black and White
20 Oct
21 Oct Airlie Beach (tender)
22 Oct Cairns
23 Oct
24 Oct                          Masquerade
25 Oct
26 Oct Darwin
27 Oct
28 Oct
29 Oct Bali (tender)
30 Oct                          Red and Gold
31 Oct
01 Nov Broome
02 Nov                          Roaring Twenties
03 Nov
04 Nov Geraldton (tender)
05 Nov Fremantle

• Thanks 1

The QM2 2024 Dress Code and Theme Schedule document is now complete! I recently learned the schedule for the Christmas cruise and one of the segments between Hamburg and Southampton I was missing.

As of now, the 2024 QM2 Christmas cruise has a non-themed gala evening on December 23rd (apparently a recent addition) plus a Red & Gold gala on Christmas Day and a non-themed gala on New Year's Eve which is fairly typical.

I've noticed Cunard are still scheduling Gala Evenings on the seas day of the 2-night segments from Southampton to Hamburg as they have in the past. But they are now scheduling Smart Attire evenings during the 2-night segments in the other direction from Hamburg to Southampton. In the past, it has been more typical for Cunard to schedule "Gala Optional" evenings in both directions between Southampton and Hamburg.

For those who may be interested, here are my stats on the number of Gala Evenings per week for QM2 this year now that I have the complete 2024 schedule.

QM2: 1.78 Gala Evenings per week (down slightly from 1.80 last year)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Here's an interesting observation about which ship is leading the way in the number of gala evenings during 2024 based on the partial schedules I have so far. QV's Mediterranean schedules during 2024 consist of many individual cruises which can be booked as 7-night itineraries. Cunard are keeping to their word that there will be at least two gala evenings on each 7-night voyage.

The trend in recent years has been to only offer three gala evenings on 14-night voyages which aren't bookable as two 7-night itineraries. But since each of QV's Mediterranean voyages are bookable as 7-night itineraries, we're seeing 14-night voyages on QV with four gala evenings and 21-night voyages on QV with six gala evenings.

The number of 7-night Mediterranean voyages on QV during 2024 rivals the number of transatlantic crossings on QM2. Overall, QV is leading with the most gala evenings per week during 2024 based on the partial schedules I have so far.

QV (82% of schedule) = 1.83 Gala Evenings per week

QM2 (100% of schedule) = 1.78 Gala Evenings per week

QA (93% of schedule) = 1.70 Gala Evenings per week

QE (91% of schedule) = 1.69 Gala Evenings per week

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 1

QE observation.  We are booked from 2/7-4/28244 on the 81 day cruise from San Francisco to Southampton.

Our cruise is 11 weeks long, and we are only scheduled for 16 gala nights which equals  1.37%

All the 2 week segments are 4 days but the 3 week segments are also only booked for 4 cruises?

Hmmm>

Vernzina

37 minutes ago, Giles2000 said:

QE observation.  We are booked from 2/7-4/28244 on the 81 day cruise from San Francisco to Southampton.

Our cruise is 11 weeks long, and we are only scheduled for 16 gala nights which equals  1.37%

All the 2 week segments are 4 days but the 3 week segments are also only booked for 4 cruises?

Hmmm>

Vernzina

Looks like a few details may have been lost in translation here. I think you meant that you are on the 81-night cruise on Queen Anne from February 4 to April 27, 2025 sailing from San Francisco to Southampton.

That sailing does indeed have 16 gala evenings scheduled over those 81 nights. That's typical of longer voyages such as that world voyage segment. Cunard does say there will be two gala evenings on each seven-night voyage. But that does not mean there will be two gala evenings per week on longer voyages.

For the record, I count 22 gala evenings scheduled on QA's full 107-night 2025 world voyage starting in Southampton. That works out to 1.44 gala evenings per week. Still significantly fewer gala evenings per week than I anticipate will be the case for the remainder of her 2025 schedule when she will be doing more shorter cruises.