Hump on Silhouette

Miss Studio

I've booked a room right behind the forward hump on Silhouette.  Can anyone offer any insight?  I'm guessing I won't be able to see forward very well--but will the angled balcony coming off of the hump have a view right onto my balcony?  I'm concerned that my balcony (9198) won't have the privacy of a typical balcony.

• 3 weeks later...

The hump is one of our favorite places.  Close to the elevators, a bit bigger, and can pull your chairs in or out of the sun depending what you want.  We prefer the hump cabins at the beginning of the hump as the balconies are larger but not too large that you are way back. We felt the cabins right next to the "bump out" had balconies a bit too tunnel like (long & narrow) and you really had to move forward to see out.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2023 at 7:52 AM, Miss Studio said:

I've booked a room right behind the forward hump on Silhouette.  Can anyone offer any insight?  I'm guessing I won't be able to see forward very well--but will the angled balcony coming off of the hump have a view right onto my balcony?  I'm concerned that my balcony (9198) won't have the privacy of a typical balcony.

Yes they can see you, to avoid it book on the other side of the hump like 9272 or 9190, also this cabin you can see forward without a problem

1 hour ago, gerelmx said:

Yes they can see you, to avoid it book on the other side of the hump like 9272 or 9190, also this cabin you can see forward without a problem

Depends on how much you use the balcony and the itinerary.

Use it a lot and with lots of sea days and the backward facing balcony is perfect as the ship blocks the wind. So few people use their balconies that most of the time we have virtually the whole side of the ship to ourselves.

We will always choose a hump cabin versus any other. So what if the next balcony can see part of your balcony. It’s not like they’re going to be standing at the railing staring at you. Those cabins are ideal, and the most sought after. Consider yourself lucky to obtain one. Enjoy.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, gerelmx said:

We have booked 8258 and 8285, both of which are slanted balconies at the back of the hump. We have NEVER seen our neighbors, nor have they seen us. I suppose I could lean out far enough to see the balcony next door, but that is not something that would interest me. Actually, 8258 was assigned to us when we booked last minute, and we loved it so much we decided to stay with that type cabin. 

22 hours ago, gerelmx said:

We were in 6236.

This was our view forward.

This was the biggest balcony, as it was the 1st off the hump.

IMG_2065.thumb.jpeg.2bdce8f63684cba998a7be1e72e40ec9.jpeg

Edited by upwarduk

To us it's the best cabin on the ship, the first off the back of the hump.  You can stand/sit at the railing and see forward when needed.  That's when people could see you but if you're sitting normally on your super large balcony, they can't see you.  We always try to pick this cabin.  The first off the hump up front gets too much wind for us as it 'catches' the wind while sailing. 

enjoy!