Shuttle bus Barcelona

Calypso54

Barcelona is one of the cities that have decided to limit number of cruise ships, as well as prohibit cruise ships to dock in their downtown port (next to Barcelonetta), so all cruise lines will be located at the industrial port about 20-30 min from the centre of town. 

The last time we cruised into Barcelona, we had to arrange a private shuttle with 10 other cruisers thru the roll call, although it was not with HAL. YEMV

AFAIK the shuttle buses were provided by the port authority and not the cruise lines.  They were not free.  They ran from the individual terminals at Mol Adosat (the cruise terminal for larger cruise ships) back and forwards to the Portal de la Pau (at the base of the Columbus Column which is at the end of Las Ramblas and close to the WTC pier.)

Even several years ago people were dragging their luggage across the bridge.

The shuttle bus trip is about 10 minutes and fares in 2023 were $3 single/€4.50 return.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

AFAIK the shuttle buses were provided by the port authority and not the cruise lines.  They were not free.  They ran from the individual terminals at Mol Adosat (the cruise terminal for larger cruise ships) back and forwards to the Portal de la Pau (at the base of the Columbus Column which is at the end of Las Ramblas and close to the WTC pier.)

Even several years ago people were dragging their luggage across the bridge.

The shuttle bus trip is about 10 minutes and fares in 2023 were $3 single/€4.50 return.

Right you are.  Here is the website:

https://cruisebus.barcelona/en/

15 hours ago, dawnvip said:

Barcelona is one of the cities that have decided to limit number of cruise ships, as well as prohibit cruise ships to dock in their downtown port (next to Barcelonetta), so all cruise lines will be located at the industrial port about 20-30 min from the centre of town. 

The last time we cruised into Barcelona, we had to arrange a private shuttle with 10 other cruisers thru the roll call, although it was not with HAL. YEMV

Thanks for the heads up on this.  I was cruising when the announcement was made and checked and have reported to my roll call.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks for the heads up on this.  I was cruising when the announcement was made and checked and have reported to my roll call.

For clarity, it is the pier at World Trade Centre/Eurostars hotel that will not receive cruise ships in the future, Moll Adosat, which is currently used byu HAL and most other lines, will continue to be used.  

1 hour ago, VMax1700 said:

For clarity, it is the pier at World Trade Centre/Eurostars hotel that will not receive cruise ships in the future, Moll Adosat, which is currently used byu HAL and most other lines, will continue to be used.  

That’s what I understand from this article - https://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Barcelona-bans-cruise-ships-from-ports-near-city-center

Maybe I will just enjoy the ship that day 😂 (turnaround day)

although there are some great restaurants in Barri Gotic.  Lots of time to think it through.