"Live from" the Majestic Princess November 7-27 with pre- and post- cruise adventures

jwattle

1 minute ago, charliedalrymple said:

Well, I'm pleased to hear you liked Qantas.  We hate it, but I suppose Qantas is marginally better than any U.S. carrier.  (No offense.). However, I'll take Singapore Airlines or Emirates any day.

Yes, I have read that you folks are rather less than pleased with Qantas. I read a rather scathing article whilst prepping for my trip. 

And no offense taken whatsoever...it is what it is. The fact that there were pillows and blankets and <gasp> a little pouch with eye covers and the like...on the Qantas flight was a real surprise. And the food was decent. Frankly, it was more than marginally better then the stateside airlines. And in economy no less. I'm used to getting nothing...except ear phones for the on board entertainment...and anything I want to pay for...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, c-boy said:

Remember. "The ooonly way to fly"

20231128_113837.thumb.jpg.8fe5cbe1e8067afdb82b0d7fe8d25574.jpg

Western Airlines.  I am one of the older Cruise Critics.

Also, I know the dardest things--like what QANTAS stands for.  For the longest time I wondered why there was no "u" behind the "q."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, charliedalrymple said:

It takes longer from the U.S. to Australia than the other way due to headwinds (or is it tailwinds?).

Part headwinds / tailwinds and the other part route.  At least our on last flight to Sydney we actually flew north from SFO over Alaska then down over Russia and China.  And our flight back was more direct.  I can't recall if our prior flights to / from Australia were similar.  Of course we lose a day going to Australia and arrive back in the USA before we left.  That's fun.

11 hours ago, XBGuy said:

Western Airlines.  I am one of the older Cruise Critics.

Also, I know the dardest things--like what QANTAS stands for.  For the longest time I wondered why there was no "u" behind the "q."

That was it, thanks. Quantas had the koala 🐨  bear. Western had a parrot or vulture 😄

39 minutes ago, c-boy said:

That was it, thanks. Quantas had the koala 🐨  bear. Western had a parrot or vulture 😄

Yeah, I remember that Western Airlines had an animated spokesbird.  I don’t recall any distinguishing features that would identify it as any specific type of bird—just a generic bird.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, charliedalrymple said:

Well, I'm pleased to hear you liked Qantas.  We hate it, but I suppose Qantas is marginally better than any U.S. carrier.  (No offense.). However, I'll take Singapore Airlines or Emirates any day.

Air New Zealand was amazing too!

• Like 2