Virgin Voyages Open Ship night

Zanny

Hi I just saw that the Virgin Ship Resilient  Lady will be open to the public on Dec 5th  later in the day to have a look at the ship and book one of the restaurants.  For dinner Cost is $99.(not sure if aust dollar although I would say U.S. dollars. 

I have a cruise booked on the ship mid Jan but if you lived in Sydney I think this is a great idea.

What are your thoughts?

Regards Zanny

• Thanks 2

Different. Thanks for the heads-up.

It used to be you could do a ship tour with a free MDR lunch on ships while they were in port on turnaround days. Then some T/A's started to organise them for $50pp on the proviso that the price was refunded if you booked a cruise with them. We did lunches on Pacific Jewel, Rhapsody of the Seas & Dawn Princess back in the days of a free lunch.

I might see about taking a look, but will likely skip the dinner.

• Like 2

Anyone interested in the Resilient Lady can follow the shenanigans of her first repositioning cruise to Australia. There are hundreds of Aussies on board as the deal to sail was to good to pass up. They left Athens on October 22. https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/topic/2841105-resilient-lady-athens-to-sydney-october-22-2023/page/155/

• Thanks 1

It is also happening in Melbourne on 10th December.

It is a charity event to boot, and the dinner also includes some drinks. We did something similar on Rhapsody years ago, but the ship left the dock overnight for a 1 night cruise for RFDS. Awesome night.

Mid-week, I don't think we will be able to make it. It seems the tour is contingent on the $AU 99 ticket. These should be great fun for anyone who can make it.

https://www.travelweekly.com.au/article/virgin-voyages-to-host-special-in-port-pop-up-dinner-and-party-fundraiser-onboard-resilient-lady/

https://vvopenshipsyd.splashthat.com/tickets

https://vvopenshipmel.splashthat.com/tickets

11 hours ago, yarramar said:

Anyone interested in the Resilient Lady can follow the shenanigans of her first repositioning cruise to Australia. There are hundreds of Aussies on board as the deal to sail was to good to pass up. They left Athens on October 22. https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/topic/2841105-resilient-lady-athens-to-sydney-october-22-2023/page/155/

I SO WANT to do this cruise next year (some GREAT deals) ... but I would have to do it solo (and that's the burden 😞  ) 

You can also follow Resilient Lady on the FB group as well (for this ship) - there's been some GREAT videos of the sail thru the Suez Canal.- been looking at this group every day.     

Don't  know if you have to book dinner to get go and look over the ship

You do - but most of the restaurant time slots are sold out.  

Noted this event via FB.   Doing the Melb/Auck cruise in March - so will pass on this.  

Edited by shireboi

For those interested..I have an old workmate, Mark, and his wife on Reslient Lady doing the Athens - Sydney repo.  He has been sending me pics and reports.

1. Food is excellent, some 20 food locations.

2. Staff very good.

3. Comfortable cabins and ample lounge and bar areas .

4.. Drink prices, USD, but about US$7 for a beer and $10 for a base wine.

5. Flu and covid about already, more flu than covid. 

He is very happy with the cruise thus far.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I would really love to have a tour of Resilient Lady. I believe, though I may be dreaming, that she has at least one cruise out of Brisbane scheduled. Wonder if they will do the 'open ship' deal up here? I'm really tempted to book a cruise, but it would be a real bonus if I could have a look at her prior.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

For those interested..I have an old workmate, Mark, and his wife on Reslient Lady doing the Athens - Sydney repo.  He has been sending me pics and reports.

1. Food is excellent, some 20 food locations.

2. Staff very good.

3. Comfortable cabins and ample lounge and bar areas .

4.. Drink prices, USD, but about US$7 for a beer and $10 for a base wine.

5. Flu and covid about already, more flu than covid. 

He is very happy with the cruise thus far.

Great to see you posting, Les. Hope you are doing ok

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ceeceeDee said:

Great to see you posting, Les. Hope you are doing ok

Thanks. Struggling with the cancer and kidney issues, but still enjoying CC and contributing when I can.

My house is on the market from next week , deposited on an independent living apartment at Illawarra Retirement Trust Moruya. They have several places along the NSW South Coast. 

Stay safe, it is  a jungle out there.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Thanks. Struggling with the cancer and kidney issues, but still enjoying CC and contributing when I can.

My house is on the market from next week , deposited on an independent living apartment at Illawarra Retirement Trust Moruya. They have several places along the NSW South Coast. 

Glad to hear you are enjoying some aspects but sad about still struggling. Hope your move goes smoothly.

• Like 3

$99pp includes dinner, drinks, a show and then dancing at their late night nightclub and obviously you get to check out the ship. You have to book a specific dining venue and most but not all  on the Sydney date  are now booked out.  Dress code is a splash of red.

Thanks for posting @Zanny.  Did you decide to book?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Getting up the Clyde is a bit of a hurdle.

A new canal with a series of locks going in from Batemans Bay to Canberra for the prescribed ships.

How exciting.🤩

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

$99pp includes dinner, drinks, a show and then dancing at their late night nightclub and obviously you get to check out the ship. You have to book a specific dining venue and most but not all  on the Sydney date  are now booked out.  Dress code is a splash of red.

Thanks for posting @Zanny.  Did you decide to book?

Already have a virgin cruise booked January  2024 and live in Adelaide but I think it's a great idea would have book the dinner and tour if I lived in those 2 states

• Like 2

@NSWP, although we've never met, I  feel as if I know you and have always enjoyed reading your posts.  I was very sorry to read about your health battles. My thoughts and prayers are with you and my very best wishes for a straightforward sale and move. Kindest regards, Jean

• Like 4

On 11/3/2023 at 11:33 AM, NSWP said:

I hope your house sale goes smoothly. Will you have river views?   Is that where your daughter lives? I think they have places in SE Qld.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2023 at 12:33 PM, NSWP said:

Hope it all goes well for you mate. Hope to catch up again in new year.

Stay safe.

Cheers,

Neil & Tracey

• 2 weeks later...

Passengers on a Virgin airlines domesticflight yesterday from Melbourne to Hobart were gifted a free cruise by Richard Branson. He FaceTimed to the passengers on board to make the surprise announcement. 

Wonder if the same thing will happen during the two open ship nights?

• Like 3