Celebrity November and Black Friday Event Flyer

mahdnc

17 minutes ago, thebutlerdidit said:

OBC seems to have disappeared completely. Last year we got $200 OBC when we booked an 8 night and re-fared another 8-night.

OBC is probably gone. That was literally just giving money (and profit) away   There isnt a vacation resort in the world that does that 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

Kind of find it funny looking at the small print up to x amount of dollars savings based on Quad occupancy.  

good catch.. they really want to stuff the ships to the  max! 

Glad AQ class only allows 2 per AQ  cabin..

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Notagoose said:

I'm no mathematician, but isn't this a worse deal than their usual 40% off every guest "sale"?🤔

All a numbers game, the sales all come out to approx the same, Best bet is book once the cruises come out as those tend, not always, be the best prices, and or find a TA that does group blocks, my preference overall is the TA as I have gotten substantial savings around 35% plus off the celebrity site   

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

All a numbers game, the sales all come out to approx the same, Best bet is book once the cruises come out as those tend, not always, be the best prices, and or find a TA that does group blocks, my preference overall is the TA as I have gotten substantial savings around 35% plus off the celebrity site   

Oh I agree - I wouldn't have been able to afford our upcoming holiday cruise were it not for a TA's group rate plus generous OBC. I just find the rejigged sales amusing. 

10 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

The price on the one cruise I am tracking jumped a few days ago, I assume it will go back to roughly what it was when the new "sales" take effect.

Just think there are people paid by X to juggle the numbers and Word the fine print to make a Special Offer look appealing?

the modern version of 3 card Monty?

I know that all of us CC citizens look at the various cruise line sales the same way. "Bemused" would be the polite way to put it.

I just don't understand how they can continue to get away with it. I am always surprised general vacationers are so obtuse they can't figure out "40% off each guest!" is pretty much the same as "80% off second guest" or "kids sail free!" or whatever nonsense verbiage the cruise lines use to promote their non-sales. 

It's all the same. The best strategy remains to book far in advance using one of the larger group-booking agencies and monitor pricing for a possible price drop.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bikerunner said:

I have always been a "book it myself" type.  How does one find a TA that books blocks?

7 minutes ago, rcrabb1513 said:

I have always been a "book it myself" type.  How does one find a TA that books blocks?

I had mine from when I use to work in the Hospitality industry and so knew quite a few.  I know many find them from just when they are on cruises and talking with fellow cruisers.  There is also a great site not allowed to mention but gets you direct to the cruise agencies and a bunch will send you quotes on cruises you ask about.  Have a feeling this post might be banned by admins...lol.   

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, newtocruiseinblue said:

What does it mean for a cabin if three? No discount for a third person, only if you have four?

There should be a discount for three. The flyer simply gave numbers for four. 

On 11/2/2023 at 4:09 PM, newtocruiseinblue said:

Isn’t there a bonus $50 if you signed up for Black Friday alerts?? 

Yes, you do. But here's the question - where do you add the promo code? I'm doing a mock booking and I cannot find any place to add the promo code to the booking.

1 hour ago, PH2 said:

Yes, you do. But here's the question - where do you add the promo code? I'm doing a mock booking and I cannot find any place to add the promo code to the booking.

Nevermind, I accidentally found it. It's on the page where you choose the number of passengers. Counter-intuitive, but whatever.