International Cafe coffee

hunt182644

15 minutes ago, DUCHESSRN said:

Actually the Lido coffee on Regal at present is good , wondering if vendor has changed or if it is because ship just came from Europe.

They are supposedly switching all the ships to Lavazza.  It's much better than that syrup based stuff.  Not sure how many ship have it yet.

Royal Class ships have coffee prepared from grinds in the buffet. While not great it was always decent. In the past Grand Class ship's buffet coffee was prepared from a liquid concentrate of lower quality. It was fine if you were looking for a shot of caffeine, not very good on taste. I now understand that some if not all ships have Lavazza coffee in the buffets prepared from grounds. I will see for myself on the Ruby this winter.  

I am putting this here in the  probably unlikely event that someone from Princess might read it….the equivalent to the International Café on Royal Caribbean ships offers tea and coffee without the need for a package…you have to serve yourself but it is available 24/7

5 minutes ago, Reina del Mar said:

I am putting this here in the  probably unlikely event that someone from Princess might read it….the equivalent to the International Café on Royal Caribbean ships offers tea and coffee without the need for a package…you have to serve yourself but it is available 24/7

Princess' marketing plan is to maximize the sale of plus and premier fares by including items like brewed coffee. Doubtful Princess will change. Princess has changed to Lavazza in the buffet which is no charge.

42 minutes ago, skynight said:

Princess' marketing plan is to maximize the sale of plus and premier fares by including items like brewed coffee. Doubtful Princess will change. Princess has changed to Lavazza in the buffet which is no charge.

Agree- but they hadn’t offered included coffee in IC before the start of packages. I wondered why so many people were carrying ‘flasks’ of coffee on last Australian cruise- probably because buffet is not open 24/7 !

1 hour ago, Reina del Mar said:

Agree- but they hadn’t offered included coffee in IC before the start of packages. I wondered why so many people were carrying ‘flasks’ of coffee on last Australian cruise- probably because buffet is not open 24/7 !

Before the inclusive fares Princess was selling specialty coffee packages (actual cards way back) which included 15 specialty coffees or teas and unlimited brewed coffee. Elites and full suite passengers could trade their mini bar for 2 packages (cards). That was their coffee marketing plan in the past.

4 hours ago, hunt182644 said:

Is there a charge for the regular brewed coffee at the I C? Am aware that specialty items one needs a plus pkg for drinks and that food there is no charge.

Yes.

The Sapphire presently has Lavazza coffee everywhere except the MDR’s.  The MDR’s are powered coffee.  

No charge, except at the IC and delivery, unless you have a beverage package.

The IC menu below is plus 18% gratuity.

image.thumb.png.0e866b817b58d2a28c75db10b73d88d3.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

The IC menu below is plus 18% gratuity.

Dagnabit.......I'ma gonna die on my crise......I need my Vanilla Breve every day.  I see latte but I want my Breve and I prefer the heavy cream version.  Double shot of espresso and Double shot of Vanilla.

18 minutes ago, KillerSnake said:

Dagnabit.......I'ma gonna die on my crise......I need my Vanilla Breve every day.  I see latte but I want my Breve and I prefer the heavy cream version.  Double shot of espresso and Double shot of Vanilla.

Ask the barista if they could make it for you.  Maybe when they aren’t real busy.

22 hours ago, Reina del Mar said:

Again this is true..but no ‘included’ coffee at IC…without a package of some sort…

Could you order coffee — included — from Ocean Now and have it delivered to you anywhere on the ship?

Alcohol usually bears the focus when people discuss Plus and Premier and a discussion about how much people do or don’t drink alcohol and if one’s liver is up to the challenge to grab all the value and come out ahead. Princess — like most cruise lines — is very savvy with how the packages are cobbled together. If you regularly drink coffee and prefer bottled and sparkling water, real juices, etc, the packages can be worth it without having a single alcoholic beverage. 

• Like 1