Diamond Plus Onboard Letter for Kids

topnole

Does anyone have a recent onboard

letter for kids regarding the onboard DP benefits? Mainly wondering if they also get the same internet benefit as adults?   And if there is a laundry benefit?  I can’t remember from my last cruise.   

My search came up empty.  Any help is appreciated.  

Edited by topnole

13 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Benefits for each level, including youth, are listed on the Royal website.

That doesn’t list out the benefits for kids or even all the onboard benefits for adults.  The onboard letters provide more information which is why I posted my question.  

• Like 3

Just now, topnole said:

That doesn’t list out the benefits for kids or even all the onboard benefits for adults.  The onboard letters provide more information which is why I posted my question.  

I was told the letter in the cabin was discontinued. I was b2b on allure, no letter. I went and asked at guest services and was given that generic online handout. 

Dont expect a letter. I too wanted the ship specific letter they used to have.

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I was told the letter in the cabin was discontinued. I was b2b on allure, no letter. I went and asked at guest services and was given that generic online handout. 

Interesting.   Our last cruise was earlier this year so it’s been several months.   They had it then.  As long as they haven’t changed anything, I think I’m good.

18 minutes ago, topnole said:

Interesting.   Our last cruise was earlier this year so it’s been several months.   They had it then.  As long as they haven’t changed anything, I think I’m good.

I was on sept 17 and sept 24 and the letter was discontinued I was told. 

I wanted to see how bogo was worded. Grandeur letter said izumi excluded, but allowed on allure . Dont usually look but wanted to read it that one time. Curious. No letter.

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

I was on sept 17 and sept 24 and the letter was discontinued I was told. 

I wanted to see how bogo was worded. Grandeur letter said izumi excluded, but allowed on allure . Dont usually look but wanted to read it that one time. Curious. No letter.

On my last cruise they had a letter and the perks were slightly different for kids including thinks like no free picture and no free bag of wash and fold for the kids.  Just called C&A and the lady said they should get wash and fold.  This is more important on a TA so I want to know for sure. I’m guessing they won’t honor that on board, but we will see.   Typical Royal stuff here.   Was hoping for a very recent letter posted on CC since CC members know more than RC phone reps. 

35 minutes ago, topnole said:

It seems to include details of internet and doesn’t mention laundry as poster above mentioned which is what you asked.

I assume if it isn’t mentioned it isn’t included. Some things hsve been known to be ship dependent.

Edited by c-leg5

20 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

It seems to include details of internet and doesn’t mention laundry as poster above mentioned which is what you asked.

I assume if it isn’t mentioned it isn’t included. Some things hsve been known to be ship dependent.

No.  It doesn’t specifically list out internet for kids.   The kids area mentions a scoop of ice cream and a couple other things.   So that link is either wholly inaccurate or confusing at best.   Hence my posted question.  In my experience D and DP benefits are not dependent on the ship (other than what is noted in the CA literature when certain ships don’t have certain things - like in the old days some ships didn’t have a dedicated diamond lounge).  The basic benefits like laundry, internet, and the somewhat newer 5 free drinks per day have not been ship specific. 

18 minutes ago, orville99 said:

The only way to find out for certain what benefits are there for kids once you are on board a specific cruise is to take their sea pass card to one of the bars and ask them to print out the list. 

Yeah.  Unfortunately I was hoping to have this info a priori for packing purposes.  Long trip and kids getting free bag of laundry may impact my packing strategy.   Oh well.  Maybe someone here who is DP with kids will have done what you mentioned recently.  

2 minutes ago, topnole said:

Yeah.  Unfortunately I was hoping to have this info a priori for packing purposes.  Long trip and kids getting free bag of laundry may impact my packing strategy.   Oh well.  Maybe someone here who is DP with kids will have done what you mentioned recently.  

Two words for packing kids clothes: Vacuum Bags😇

1 minute ago, Another_Critic said:

I see internet listed.

image.png.4bd8da2e77f0d6acb915c82bc7e4a3c3.png

Thanks I didn’t see that part.  Not sure how I missed it.   However, the rep on the phone just told me they get laundry too.  So there is still a lot of confusion on their end. What’s new.  

3 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Two words for packing kids clothes: Vacuum Bags😇

Well.  We aren’t bringing that much.  Lol.  

We packed for a longer trip earlier in the year so we can make it work.   Just would rather pack less tees and shorts if I knew for sure we got a bag for each kid.   With three kids it adds up in $.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

The C&A grid with benefits is on the back of the Loyalty Ambassador letter in your cabin.

20 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

It is listed in the app.  Scroll down on your C&A level and youth benefits are listed there too.

IMG_6174.thumb.png.0442226882e13f1a3bcdc8398ce4c643.png

Ok.   I can’t seem to find it.  You can see that pre cruise?   When I click on my profile I don’t see any place to see the benefits.  

2 minutes ago, topnole said:

Ok.   I can’t seem to find it.  You can see that pre cruise?   When I click on my profile I don’t see any place to see the benefits.  

I didn't check it before we cruised last week, so not sure and no cruises booked yet.  I clicked where it said Loyal to Royal.  It is where the block with the total points used to be and a dial like graphic.  Once in there, it has benefits by tier.