Thanksgiving in Specialty Restaurants

die_hard

We were on the Symphony Nov. 2019 for  Thanksgiving  and  ate in Chops and they brought us Turkey  from the main dining room as well as our  ordered  dishes.  I am on the Anthem next week and am hoping for the same thing if I cannot get into Coastal Kitchen. ( I have a  Jr. Suite). 

8 hours ago, die_hard said:

I’ve been on several cruises for Thanksgiving but never ate dinner in a specialty restaurant on Thanksgiving night. Do they offer traditional Thanksgiving dinner in Chops or Giovanni’s that night?

Will cost about $100/per person and the only extra is a small bottle of champagne. One glass per person. Same menu.

14 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

OP asked about a traditional Thanksgiving dinner in the specialty restaurants so I figured that means turkey.

Not available though! You order off the specialty restaurant menu on Holiday reaervations. You might get lucky and have a waiter run to get you a turkey plate or 2 for your table like someone said above, but that is not typical or guaranteed. 

2 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Not available though! You order off the specialty restaurant menu on Holiday reaervations. You might get lucky and have a waiter run to get you a turkey plate or 2 for your table like someone said above, but that is not typical or guaranteed. 

I know that it's not available.  I was just commenting that if it was (like the OP was asking about), I would not think it's worth the money.

My family has done Thanksgiving sailings for a really long time and we’ve dined in Chops, MDR, 150 Central Park, and Jamie’s. The only place we’ve had a traditional meal was in the MDR. Also, the best one was on HOS in 2018 because they served cornbread dressing and carved turkey with gravy. Last Thanksgiving we did Symphony and every meal in the MDR was superb, but Thanksgiving was not good because we are not fans of stuffing with chestnuts. I suppose it depends on who the Head Chef is for what is prepared, so it’s luck of the draw based upon your personal tastes. But, if I ever can find the chef from 2018 again, I’m on that ship for Thanksgiving even if I have to change my reservation! 
Now I’m wondering if there is a Head Chef thread….🤔

On 11/12/2023 at 12:16 PM, die_hard said:

I’ve been on several cruises for Thanksgiving but never ate dinner in a specialty restaurant on Thanksgiving night. Do they offer traditional Thanksgiving dinner in Chops or Giovanni’s that night?

Why would you want to pay that for turkey?