Is fully refundable fare shown on website?

I am new to RCL but not new to cruising.  I have booked an itinerary by calling in to RCL and getting a fully refundable fare, which apparently is not shown on the website.  By my understanding, the website shows a fare that requires you to accept a non-refundable deposit.  Call in to RCL to find out what the somewhat higher fully refundable fare is.  Correct?

I would like to track fare changes to see if I can refare at a lower price.  Apparently I have to call RCL to get that fully refundable fare amount..  I do not use a travel agent.

Unfortunately, I have also found this to be the case on the other line that I have been cruising.  I guess it is an industry standard to obfuscate pricing.

You can see the refundable fare on the website but you have to do a dummy booking to include adding your name and contact info and moving forward to the next screens where you see the option for refundable fare.   You can still back out of the booking at that point since you haven’t given payment details, so they are just making it difficult to find.

• Like 1

OK, so I have to populate all the fields for guest information, etc. to get to the payment page?  Then just exit after viewing the fully refundable fare option.

At least it avoids calling and waiting on hold or getting a call back from an agent.

Edited by CaptJerry51

2 hours ago, CaptJerry51 said:

OK, so I have to populate all the fields for guest information, etc. to get to the payment page?  Then just exit after viewing the fully refundable fare option.

At least it avoids calling and waiting on hold or getting a call back from an agent.

You just book a cruise online like normally. Towards the end of the booking they will ask if you want to purchase a refundable fare and if you want to purchase travel insurance. 

If you choose a refundable deposit instead of nonrefundable deposit is:

The fare higher?

The deposit higher?

Both?

If either are higher, is it by a set amount or percentage, or just randomly different every time?

I have found the deposits to be too high to make it enticing to book ahead for me.  My gut is telling me to wait. The world is changing rapidly and I cannot justify booking something for 2025 and not being able to get a refund . A $900 deposit is too much.

3 hours ago, SG65CB said:

If you choose a refundable deposit instead of nonrefundable deposit is:

The fare higher?

The deposit higher?

Both?

If either are higher, is it by a set amount or percentage, or just randomly different every time?

Yes the fare is higher...random amounts, 

The deposit is the same either way

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CaptJerry51 said:

OP here.  I don't know what the average fully refundable deposit amount is or how much it varies by total cruise fare, but I agree that $900 is too much.  That is what I paid for a 5/30/24 12 night cruise deposit.

5 night or less $100 per person

6-9 night is $250 pp

10-14 is $450 pp

15+ is $500 pp

same for refundable and non refundable

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 2