Reserve Collection Mini-Suite

xyankee

I considering booking a cruise on Emerald Princess and reserving a Reserve Collection Mini-Suite. It it worth the extra money to upgrade to this over a regular Mini-Suite? Also, is the dining as advertise, “reserved area with no wait time”?

A Reserve Collection mini suite has the same interior and balcony as other deck 9 mini suites on the Emerald. The most important benefit is Reserve Class dining. This is in a starboard side section of the Da Vinci DR. There is a separate entrance. The menu is the same as the MDR menu except that there is an additional item each evening. Service is greatly improved. Yes, Reserve Class dining is walk in any time. There is little or no wait. Hours are the same as the MDRs, open for breakfast and dinner each day and lunch on sea days.

On the Emerald almost all mini suites including all Reserve minis are on deck 9. All deck 9 minis have a 9ft x 6ft uncovered balcony. There are 12 mini suites aft on deck 8 which are not Reserve minis. These are all connecting cabins and have covered balconies. There are no other minis on the Emerald Princess. 

• Like 1

A Reserved mini-suite or above (i.e., suites) is our minimum when booking a Princess cruise. The bottom line is you simply get spoiled eating in the Reserve dining room. No reservations required, you get the same table every time with the same wait staff, or one nearby depending on what time you arrive, and the meals are always hot and tasty. In addition, when it's just us 2 we're usually finished eating dinner in about an hour or less, which gives us plenty of time to get to the early theater show.

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 5

I'm considering bidding on an upgrade to a reserve class mini-suite for our December cruise.  We are traveling with another couple, and they are not going to bid.  If we get it and they are not reserve class, I'm assuming that we would not be able to use reserve dining if we want to eat with them--correct?

1 minute ago, charliedalrymple said:

I'm considering bidding on an upgrade to a reserve class mini-suite for our December cruise.  We are traveling with another couple, and they are not going to bid.  If we get it and they are not reserve class, I'm assuming that we would not be able to use reserve dining if we want to eat with them--correct?

Correct, Reserve Class passengers are not ‘allowed’ non reserve class guest to join them in Reserve dining, you of course can join them in regular MDR, but obviously give up the whole point of being in a Reserve Mini Suite.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, wallyj said:

Correct, Reserve Class passengers are not ‘allowed’ non reserve class guest to join them in Reserve dining, you of course can join them in regular MDR, but obviously give up the whole point of being in a Reserve Mini Suite.

Thanks.  That's how it seems to me as well.  I think we'll just pass in that case.

• Like 1

On the Emerald, the poster's ship, ALL, Reserve Class and non Reserve Class, mini suite balconies are identical in size. They are 9ft X 6ft. Those on deck 9 are not covered. The 12 aft on deck 8 have covered balconies. Reserve Class are all on deck 9 mid ship. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

We have done Reserve Class twice now. I doubt that we will consider booking it again in the future. We just feel that we would get more out of booking a full suite rather than a Reserve Class mini-suite,  though we have never stayed in a suite before. 

For us, paying for the full suite is the way to go. The mini suites are nice and spacious for ther price point (non reserve) and they are some of our favorite cabin types. That said, once RC gets in the mix, we feel the full suite is the better value (more space, and superior perks.)

• Like 2

We always book mini-suites because of the size. We like the larger bathroom, the full size sofa, and the curtains that split cabin into two rooms.

Factors that we consider when looking at Reserve Class are the cabin location and per day costs.  If the forward corner cabins are available, we always book them. The per day cost will very depending on when you book.  We are booked on a 51 day South America cruise that cost $10 per day for Reserve Class. I have seen the per day cost as high as $70 per day  

I like the mini-suites for the extra room, and the bathtub -- I don't need the second TV! 

I like the Reserve Class [formerly known as Club Class] for the "no wait" dining.  The extra entree is rarely something I want, but the much better service is very welcome.  I have not found that it is the same table every day, but that is not important to me. 

My own price-point for Club Class is about $15 pp per day over mini-suite.