Fort Lauderdale hotels

BCCRUSINGCOUPLE

Try Hyatt Place...great location and good rates booking with ValueTrips.

Rates are available for this year dates and 2024 rates should come out soon.

Edited by Ashland
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Try Hyatt Place...great location and good rates booking with ValueTrips.

Rates are available for this year dates and 2024 rates should come out soon.

I've been checking for the 2024 rates and nothing yet, can only book for 2023. I've also tried emailing a couple of times and even calling, with no response. I wonder if Value Trips is still in business!

4 minutes ago, WisCruiser2 said:

I've been checking for the 2024 rates and nothing yet, can only book for 2023. I've also tried emailing a couple of times and even calling, with no response. I wonder if Value Trips is still in business!

Last year it was opened on Dec 19, 22 for 2023 rates.

• Like 1

Embassy Suites on 17th Street. Close to the port. A shopping center right behind the hotel for last minute shopping. And if you don't want the hotel buffet, a great restaurant beside Publix,  Joe's Cafe, for breakfast.

With the hotel shuttle or Uber, you will be at the ship in 10 minutes. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, skents said:

Embassy Suites on 17th Street. Close to the port. A shopping center right behind the hotel for last minute shopping. And if you don't want the hotel buffet, a great restaurant beside Publix,  Joe's Cafe, for breakfast.

With the hotel shuttle or Uber, you will be at the ship in 10 minutes. 

Look at the reviews of ES...it's gone down hill. We used to stay there a few years ago but not any longer. Hyatt Place (our now preferred) is also a great location which actually sits just behind ES.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2023 at 3:20 PM, Host CJSKIDS said:

@BlueHerons great to see you back on the boards!!!  Happy almost Thanksgiving. 

Any word on the Hotel Maren?  

It is really nice!  We had a drink at their bar over July 4th and really enjoyed it. It is on an sparsely populated area of the beach but close enough to walk most places.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and the fam!

4 minutes ago, BlueHerons said:

It is really nice!  We had a drink at their bar over July 4th and really enjoyed it. It is on an sparsely populated area of the beach but close enough to walk most places.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and the fam!

Thanks and same to you!!!

On 11/15/2023 at 5:43 PM, Ashland said:

Look at the reviews of ES...it's gone down hill. We used to stay there a few years ago but not any longer. Hyatt Place (our now preferred) is also a great location which actually sits just behind ES.

Yes! That Embassy Suites was our go-to pre-cruise hotel, for many years. We were horrified at the condition that we found it in, last January! The manager told us that they were scheduled for a major remodel in the spring. Guess what? That never happened. So, we will also be looking for a new pre-cruise hotel, the next time we sail out of Port Everglades. Thanks for the Hyatt recommendation!😎

• Like 1

On 11/14/2023 at 8:43 PM, WisCruiser2 said:

2024 rates are out now (11/30/23)  I just sent in a request for February. 🤞

11 hours ago, Trish Traveler said:

We stayed at the Riverside a few years back and it was very nice.  Plenty to walk around and see, shop and dine in that area.  Have a great trip!

Yes, we have, too, but was quite a number of years ago. It is close to La Bonne Crepe, which we always try to get to!

We have  stayed at a  Harbor Shop area hotels many times in the last 15 years.  We have not stayed since 2020.  We went on a group tour out of Port Everglades last spring and the package included the AC hotel in Dania Point.   Very new, under construction, shopping and tourist area.   I am debating the Habor Shop vs Dania Point.   I had read posts to cc a year or two back that the shopping area by Publix and Total Wine was not safe.   Does anyone have current experience of the safety of the area?

25 minutes ago, Midwest Sunseeker said:

We have  stayed at a  Harbor Shop area hotels many times in the last 15 years.  We have not stayed since 2020.  We went on a group tour out of Port Everglades last spring and the package included the AC hotel in Dania Point.   Very new, under construction, shopping and tourist area.   I am debating the Habor Shop vs Dania Point.   I had read posts to cc a year or two back that the shopping area by Publix and Total Wine was not safe.   Does anyone have current experience of the safety of the area?

The Harbor shopping area by Publix is safe....Surprised to hear anyone has posted it isn't.

7 minutes ago, Ashland said:

The Harbor shopping area by Publix is safe....Surprised to hear anyone has posted it isn't.

It was just at the end of the pandemic posted by a resident of the area.    I was surprised too we always loved walking around this area.   We will definitely go after the cruise and ride the water taxi since our flight is 9pm.   Now I am considering pre cruise hotel.  Have you stayed there in the last two years?   Thank you for your thoughts. 

1 hour ago, Midwest Sunseeker said:

It was just at the end of the pandemic posted by a resident of the area.    I was surprised too we always loved walking around this area.   We will definitely go after the cruise and ride the water taxi since our flight is 9pm.   Now I am considering pre cruise hotel.  Have you stayed there in the last two years?   Thank you for your thoughts. 

We stayed there in March, at the Hyatt Place.  We crossed through the parking garage to Total Wine, ate at the restaurants in Harbor Shops and no problems at all.

We felt safe there.  Maybe late at night, with any area, could be issues.  

We were at Embassy Suites also last year, same area and also no problems.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2023 at 7:32 PM, PacnGoNow said:

We stayed there in March, at the Hyatt Place.  We crossed through the parking garage to Total Wine, ate at the restaurants in Harbor Shops and no problems at all.

We felt safe there.  Maybe late at night, with any area, could be issues.  

We were at Embassy Suites also last year, same area and also no problems.

How was the Embassy?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

How was the Embassy?

I feel it was dated,

like most of the Ft Lauderdale hotels we have stayed in around 17th and the harbor shops area. However, it was clean and the service was good.  It was over $350 a night, ridiculous.  

It may have been updated by

now, so I’d check the recent reviews.