LIVE with Georgia Peaches on the Brand NEW Ascent...B2B November 22-29 Pre-Pre-Maiden Voyage!

Georgia_Peaches

On 11/29/2023 at 11:29 PM, TheHawk1 said:

Agreed. Even though it’s just an inside corridor, you would think after four attempts at this, the Celebrity designers could come up with a better use for this space on Edge class. No one wants to walk through a funhouse hall of mirrors, especially after a few drinks.

I quite like the different entrances to Eden myself…

• Like 6

I just started to read your review on Friday, and finally caught up. It was great to see the pictures and hear your views of the new ship.!! Thank you !!

Also about the dish pick up I have to say I don’t think I would like them sitting in the hallway for long periods either!! We sailed on the Edge  in March, and the woman who delivered our breakfast, would call within the half an hour and ask if our tray was ready to be picked up! I realized on day three that I needed to start having my breakfast right when it arrived Lol ! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

@Georgia_Peaches  Bt, my condolences on Saturday's game.  I was not displeased to see my Tide win this year after the grief the Dawgs have given them lately.  

Lol...You HAD to go there, huh?  I would just like to mention that your guy was given a TD when after further review, which the refs failed to do, but I digress...after further review, was not a TD at all!  That, coupled with two unnecessary false starts on the part of the Dawgs, cost us the game!  

But in all fairness, your guys played the better game, IMO. ☺️ Hate it for my Dawgs though.  Then add to that, they didn't make it into the finals.  I know they didn't pull out the SEC but you can't tell me they aren't the best team in the country...I won't hear it!  😆

Am I right in assuming you will be glued to the TV this coming Saturday for the Army/Navy game?  This game, in the world according to Dh is the only one that matters...I give him this 🙄 every time he says it!

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Lol...You HAD to go there, huh?  I would just like to mention that your guy was given a TD when after further review, which the refs failed to do, but I digress...after further review, was not a TD at all!  That, coupled with two unnecessary false starts on the part of the Dawgs, cost us the game!  

But in all fairness, your guys played the better game, IMO. ☺️ Hate it for my Dawgs though.  Then add to that, they didn't make it into the finals.  I know they didn't pull out the SEC but you can't tell me they aren't the best team in the country...I won't hear it!  😆

Am I right in assuming you will be glued to the TV this coming Saturday for the Army/Navy game?  This game, in the world according to Dh is the only one that matters...I give him this 🙄 every time he says it!

I did not watch the game and have avoided the controversy of the refs call on the 4th down play that lead to the TD. 

I will definitely be watching the Army-Navy game.  Go Navy beat Army, and that is all I have to say about that! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I also really liked the space.  I thought it was unique and different.  Much better than the pass through hall on deck 5 leading into the Ensemble lounge on S class ships!

I like the E class hallway as well. What I do miss though is the feeling of the Ensemble lounge   Small and cozy 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I also really liked the space.  I thought it was unique and different.  Much better than the pass through hall on deck 5 leading into the Ensemble lounge on S class ships!

We love that little pass through.  I enjoy playing "stump the crew" by asking for an explanation of what triggers the bell to go off when you walk through there.  Have not found anyone able to explain it to me.  It's definitely not a motion sensor nor does it seem to be trigged by a specific time.  

It is my favorite place to hang out while waiting for my DW.  

• Like 1

On 11/27/2023 at 3:52 PM, DaKahuna said:

Well there are relatives I have not been in touch with somewhere around Middleton, OH.  My mother’s youngest sister, her husband, and their children lived there. 

Born in New Orleans -- Cincinnati transplant since 1973.  Still love my grits, though!

• Like 2

Thank you for your informative and upbeat review. We will be on the Ascent in January. Right now we are in a sunset veranda stateroom. We have been debating trying to Move Up to a SS, but after reading your review I’m not sure the Retreat is worth it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dleahy4444 said:

Thank you for your informative and upbeat review. We will be on the Ascent in January. Right now we are in a sunset veranda stateroom. We have been debating trying to Move Up to a SS, but after reading your review I’m not sure the Retreat is worth it. 

The retreat was very nice!  It's just not for us anymore.  There are so many beautiful venues around the ship that we preferred to spend our time instead of the retreat.  I'm not quite ready to book our next cruise but when I do, it will be on E class and in a sunset veranda!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

The retreat was very nice!  It's just not for us anymore.

Did I miss your final thoughts on the SS experience?  We're in a SS on Ascent this year over Christmas and I'd love your take on it. 

1 hour ago, db8alien said:

Did I miss your final thoughts on the SS experience?  We're in a SS on Ascent this year over Christmas and I'd love your take on it. 

My final thoughts were that the Retreat is very nice. But we’ve been booking suites on Celebrity for the last 8 sailings because we thought it was an elevated experience. And in many ways it is!  But the Sky suite compared to the porthole veranda left us wondering why?  We had exceptional service outside the Retreat and so-so service inside.we’ve concluded that the money saved for booking a regular veranda does not sacrifice quality. Our stateroom attendant outside Retreat was  exceptional. Our dining experience outside Retreat was very good to excellent. We are scratching our heads now…why book a suite on Celebrity when we are just as happy, if not more in a different category. Our next stateroom category will be a sunset veranda. 

• Thanks 1

The edge S1 cabin is really fantastic. Bed facing balcony, huge bathroom with the mirror that opens to look over the bed and out to the balcony... not that I was using that option for that many minutes each day. 🙂 I did use/enjoy the real balcony.

I agree that the Edge ship has plentiful beautiful useable spaces outside the Retreat area. Luminae was great, especially the last night (filet mignon and the Daniel Boulad milk chocolate pill), but during the short 3 days I got breakfast twice from Oceanview, had the fabulous Oceanview Extravaganza all-you-can-eat lobster tail lunch, tasty lunch from Le Grand Bistro, and desserts from Cafe al Bacio and Eden. I'd definitely eat lunch in Eden on a future cruise.

I liked the silver mirrory walkway to Eden.

My cruise points just got into my account and I'm now Elite!

• Like 3

On 12/6/2023 at 9:36 AM, twins_to_alaska said:

The edge S1 cabin is really fantastic. Bed facing balcony, huge bathroom with the mirror that opens to look over the bed and out to the balcony... not that I was using that option for that many minutes each day. 🙂 I did use/enjoy the real balcony.

I agree that the Edge ship has plentiful beautiful useable spaces outside the Retreat area. Luminae was great, especially the last night (filet mignon and the Daniel Boulad milk chocolate pill), but during the short 3 days I got breakfast twice from Oceanview, had the fabulous Oceanview Extravaganza all-you-can-eat lobster tail lunch, tasty lunch from Le Grand Bistro, and desserts from Cafe al Bacio and Eden. I'd definitely eat lunch in Eden on a future cruise.

I liked the silver mirrory walkway to Eden.

My cruise points just got into my account and I'm now Elite!

Congratulations on becoming Elite! We just got off the Ascent Maiden Voyage. We have also been on Beyond and Apex, and the Hall of Mirrors walkway to Eden on Ascent is the best yet.

On 12/4/2023 at 9:09 PM, Georgia_Peaches said:

My final thoughts were that the Retreat is very nice. But we’ve been booking suites on Celebrity for the last 8 sailings because we thought it was an elevated experience. And in many ways it is!  But the Sky suite compared to the porthole veranda left us wondering why?  We had exceptional service outside the Retreat and so-so service inside.we’ve concluded that the money saved for booking a regular veranda does not sacrifice quality. Our stateroom attendant outside Retreat was  exceptional. Our dining experience outside Retreat was very good to excellent. We are scratching our heads now…why book a suite on Celebrity when we are just as happy, if not more in a different category. Our next stateroom category will be a sunset veranda. 

I think you will love it.. great aft views...large  outdoor balc, larger than a  reg iv cabin and 4  interesting mdrs included!

We enjoyed it on the EDGE and  have one booked on APEX!

• Like 1