Complimentary Bottles of Liquor

oceanbear

33 minutes ago, oceanbear said:

What do most people in the upper suites do with partially comsumed bottles of liquor at the end of the cruise?

Leave it or give it to friends who are staying on if we are flying home.  We are are spending a few days post cruise in the port area then we take it to our hotel. 

• Like 2

We often have a full bottle left. If we do we usually wrap carefully and take it with us. If we have a part bottle we leave it if we are flying straight home but will take it with us if we have a land stay before flying. A few years ago we bought a plastic liquor bottle from a  $ shop….just spotted it. Less bulky, heavy and less likely to leak than an opened glass bottle.

• Like 1

We usually only consume one an bring the other home.  Your butler will bring you a box from Duty Free if you ask.  I usually just wrap the same way I might for a bottle of wine.   In all these years we have never had a broken one yet.  Knock on wood.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, chemmo said:

We often have a full bottle left. If we do we usually wrap carefully and take it with us. If we have a part bottle we leave it if we are flying straight home but will take it with us if we have a land stay before flying. A few years ago we bought a plastic liquor bottle from a  $ shop….just spotted it. Less bulky, heavy and less likely to leak than an opened glass bottle.

For unopened wine/liquor bottles: we have purchased (online at a VERY reasonable price) specially designed wine/liquor bottle carriers, (pack in baggage empty upon leaving home), to pack in our checked luggage to take the alcohol home.  We have encountered no problems in 5 or 6 recent cruises.  Open bottle of alcohol:  we give it to stateroom staff since we board a plane upon leaving the ship.

• Like 2

I have brought home a couple of full bottles of single malt scotch, believe me we like to drink but prefer drinking in a lounge with live music , we fly first so a little extra weight is not a problem. Only times we will open bottles is if we invite people to our suite. You are not limited to choices they give you , I requested a liter of Hennessy cognac and got it .