Platinum making dinner reservations online - isn't letting us check out for $0

jazzydiver

Greetings,

My husband and I are platinum.  I'm certain that on past cruises when we made dinner reservations online prior to a cruise, the online system would recognize our status for the two free dinners and change the price to $0 when adding the reservations to the online shopping cart.

We just booked a cruise for January 2024 on the Gem, and when I add a reservation for Moderno, the shopping cart shows the list price and asks for a credit card.  Just wondering if this is a system glitch, or if things changed for online dinner booking for Platinum.

Anyone else experiencing this?

4 minutes ago, jazzydiver said:

Greetings,

My husband and I are platinum.  I'm certain that on past cruises when we made dinner reservations online prior to a cruise, the online system would recognize our status for the two free dinners and change the price to $0 when adding the reservations to the online shopping cart.

We just booked a cruise for January 2024 on the Gem, and when I add a reservation for Moderno, the shopping cart shows the list price and asks for a credit card.  Just wondering if this is a system glitch, or if things changed for online dinner booking for Platinum.

Anyone else experiencing this?

It is quite likely that you needed to make the typically "Pay" restaurants first, then the others.

Simply pick the dates and times you want to eat, and book those with a fee as the first two in the system (any day you desire)!

Adding: you can call, or chat, with an agent to get the reservations fixed!

Edited by ggTexasGal
added note

Just to clarify, we don't have the dining package.  I am referring solely to the two platinum dinners, which are free.  The online booking software apparently doesn't register that we're platinum.  We shouldn't have to pay anything at all, and in the past it has shown as $0, regardless of whether it was an ala carte or a flat fee restaurant.

If you do not have the dinning package, it is normal and been the norm for years for the flat fee restaurants to list the cover price that you have to pay for you

if you have the dinning package then the flat fee restaurant will appear as 0.00 cost but you still have to book flat fee restaurants first and then al la carte last for the checkout price to come out to 0.00

I had booked my specialty restaurants on this cruise many weeks ago, including a reservation at Moderno using Platinum dinners.  About 6 days ago I had approximately 8 different emails charging me each time for that existing reservation.  When I checked my account yesterday, the one valid reservation is still there and at $0.  This is obviously a glitch.  I would call them.

The online booking does not properly account for the Platinum level vouchers.  These are physical voucher that will be in your cabin. If you try to book a fixed price restaurant such as Moderno, they try to bill you right away.  If you ONLY have the vouchers, you may be out of luck and need to book first thing when you board.

Thank you for info, everyone. What wound up happening is that I booked Cagney’s online for $0. Then I called customer service regarding making a Moderno rez, and they transferred me to my PCC. He couldn’t help me with getting around paying the fee, but said since he had access to only 30% of the time slots (they only release that many ahead of time) that there should still be plenty of availability if we book right away when we get on board. So we’ll just do that.

1 hour ago, jazzydiver said:

Thank you for info, everyone. What wound up happening is that I booked Cagney’s online for $0. Then I called customer service regarding making a Moderno rez, and they transferred me to my PCC. He couldn’t help me with getting around paying the fee, but said since he had access to only 30% of the time slots (they only release that many ahead of time) that there should still be plenty of availability if we book right away when we get on board. So we’ll just do that.

Yes, I often have to book Moderno or Teppanyaki onboard to avoid paying the fee on booking. Do it straight away to get the best choice of times.

On your original post, the system has never recognised platinum meals prior to the cruise, so nothing has changed.

On a somewhat-related note—when booking shore excursions online, I never ever get the Latitudes discount applied to the total. I’m now Platinum, and it does make a difference in how much I would save…any idea how to get credit for paying the regular price on excursions I’ve already booked for an upcoming cruise?? 

7 minutes ago, alliecat44 said:

On a somewhat-related note—when booking shore excursions online, I never ever get the Latitudes discount applied to the total. I’m now Platinum, and it does make a difference in how much I would save…any idea how to get credit for paying the regular price on excursions I’ve already booked for an upcoming cruise?? 

add the excursion to the shopping cart and then go to the checkout page to see the discount

you will not see the discount on the search or description page. discount only shows on the shopping cart checkout page

• Like 1

5 hours ago, alliecat44 said:

I always get the latitudes discount when booking Shorex on line.

8 hours ago, alliecat44 said:

On a somewhat-related note—when booking shore excursions online, I never ever get the Latitudes discount applied to the total.

Are you certain? What does your email booking invoice show?

22 hours ago, alliecat44 said:

Check your shore excursion receipt. It should show your Latitudes discount applied before final payment. 

I have always got my Latitudes discounts applied to excursions booked online. Excursions booked onboard, up until now, never got the Latitudes discounts applied. There was a recent post that the onboard booking problem has been "fixed". We sail in a few weeks and will see.