Elite WIFI Pricing

coolcagolfer

If you're platinum or elite you should automatically get the discount in the app. It should clearly show the 50% discount.   You don't have to pay full price and wait for a credit on the ship.  If the app doesn't show the discount, it's because the app does not reflect your correct captain's circle level.  I'm familiar with this because the app switches me from black to blue for some reason every time there's an update.  I have to contact askoceanmedallion@carnival.com to get them to fix it.  As far as I can tell, the only way to see your level in the app is by the color of the sea witch logo next to your profile photo.

• Like 3

One possibility is your status is incorrect

on the Medallion App,  logo wrong color.   Mine is incorrect so does not show the discount.  DH is correct and shows the discount.  Purchased through his account and the discount applied.  Hopefully my status level will be corrected with the new app.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kiwimum said:

on the Medallion App,  logo wrong color.   Mine is incorrect so does not show the discount.  DH is correct and shows the discount.  Purchased through his account and the discount applied.  Hopefully my status level will be corrected with the new app.

Exactly my situation. DH is correct, mine is not. 

1 hour ago, kiwimum said:

This! Mine is always incorrect! I can only buy discounted wifi onboard.

• Like 1

We had the problem of the medallion showing our incorrect status for awhile.   It turns out that our cruise showed the status on our confirmation -- the status we were at the time of booking.

Since then, we'd moved to platinum.     I asked our CVP to update our confirmation with our correct status, and the problem was fixed.

Mary

• Like 1

On 11/30/2023 at 11:55 PM, coolcagolfer said:

Bought wifi package for upcoming cruise. Shows as paid full price in "onboard services". As elite we should be getting it for 50% discounted rate. Will this be automatically adjusted or do we have to get it adjusted onboard?

I just booked some excursions pre-cruise and was surprised to see we were charged full price, without he 10% Elite discount.  Then I read that the 10% will be deducted when we board.   IDK if the pre-cruise WIFI works the same?

22 minutes ago, Melnal2 said:

I just booked some excursions pre-cruise and was surprised to see we were charged full price, without he 10% Elite discount.  Then I read that the 10% will be deducted when we board.   IDK if the pre-cruise WIFI works the same?

Not if you're platinum or elite.  The 50% discount should be reflected at the time of purchase as long as the app has your status level correct.

2 hours ago, pompeii said:

Not if you're platinum or elite.  The 50% discount should be reflected at the time of purchase as long as the app has your status level correct.

Hi @pompeii (love the sunflower, BTW!).

I took this information directly from the Princess site, selecting the footnote 12 link on the Elite benefit of 10% off shore excursions:

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/cc/captains-circle-loyalty-benefits.pdf

I see the same language for the wifi (footnote #7), so I'd think that once you board you'd see those discounts?

Edited by Melnal2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Melnal2 said:

I took this information directly from the Princess site, selecting the footnote 12 link on the Elite benefit of 10% off shore excursions:

I see the same language for the wifi (footnote #7), so I'd think that once you board you'd see those discounts?

For the excursions you don't get the discount until after you actually take the excursion. Once you have taken the excursion the 10% is applied to your folio as OBC.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Melnal2 said:

Interesting… I see the footnote you’re referring to regarding the wifi. But this is how it shows up on the app. The discount is there pre cruise. 

image.thumb.png.1de4992065db4288faedd631233cce75.png

1 hour ago, pompeii said:

Interesting… I see the footnote you’re referring to regarding the wifi. But this is how it shows up on the app. The discount is there pre cruise. 

image.thumb.png.1de4992065db4288faedd631233cce75.png

Curious!  As soon as we pick up the extra WI-FI I'll screenshot my app and see if I have the same!

2 hours ago, pompeii said:

Mine also shows the elite discount pre-cruise 

16 hours ago, MissP22 said:

A few of the other cruise lines have announced a price increase for Wi-Fi.

Can Princess be far behind? 

I hope not, but I fear you may be correct.  An increase would be an easy way to show "value" for their packages.

Edited by Honolulu Blue

6 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

I hope not, but I fear you may be correct.  An increase would be an easy way to show "value" for their packages.

They done that with practically everything else, so why not Wi-Fi.

• Like 2