Brazil evisa

safarijm

Current visa requirements:

1. A valid passport: You must have a passport with at least six months of validity. It should be in good condition, have at least two blank pages, and should not have been reported stolen or lost.
  2. A visa application form receipt: After filling out your Brazil visa application form, you will get a receipt, which you must present to the consulate or embassy to get your visa. Print this, attach your passport photo, and keep it safe.
  3. A passport picture: The attached passport picture must be two inches by two inches. It must also be recent (within the last six months), against a plain white background, clearly show your face and neck, be free of glares and shadows, and be centered. You cannot wear headgear that covers your face, thick-rimmed or tinted glasses, or have anyone else in the picture. Additionally, you must have a neutral facial expression.
  4. A return or round trip ticket: Failure to present this can have your visa application denied.
  5. Evidence of sufficient funds to cover your stay: Brazilian immigration authorities must ensure you can support yourself during your stay. Thus, you must attach financial statements.
  6. Proof of accommodation: You must show where you will stay, whether in a hotel or with friends.
  7. Proof of employment status: If you are self-employed, you should attach an affidavit on the same, plus your tax assessment. Employees should attach letters from their employers stating their positions and salaries. Students should prove their status through enrolment letters from their universities.
  8. Proof of Brazil visa fee payment.

On 12/2/2023 at 1:11 PM, ysolde said:

Do you really have to provide bank statements?  Seems awfully intrusive.  Wow . . . 

It has always been a requirement for a Brazil Visa to provide all of the data they are asking for.

At least now you do not have to personally go to the Embassy which was the issue in the past, and pay with a postal money order.

You do not need employment data for a tourist visa.

1) Bank statements -- black out your account number.  Account needs to show at least $2000 in there.

2) Air air arrangements in and out of  Brazil.  If you are cruising in or out a copy of your Regent cruise itinerary.  If flying in and cruising out -- it was accepted the last time to have your air to home from your last port of the cruise.

For those who want to let a VISA service do the work, you can contact CIBT as they are Regent's preferred Visa processor.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mnocket said:

I wonder what effect this will have on tourism?  It certainly won't boost it. 

I tend to agree.  We are going through with this cruise because DH has his heart set on it.  But I can't see ever traveling to Brazil again.  

Even using a cruise concierge means uploading all of these damned documents to them, which I have no idea how to do.  I tell you, I am at a loss.

Not that it makes it any easier on those posting above, but I believe most countries who require visas have you prove you have the funds to stay in their country, and a ticket to leave.  I recall doing this before a river cruise but don't remember if it was the Budapest or Prague stop (or maybe even a different city along the way) that required it.  I just remember having to prove we had some money in a bank, and a means of leaving their country,   In my view a minor distraction in advance of a nice trip.  

I just tried to process my evisa last night - that site is a complete hobby-shop nightmare.  Poorly laid out, slow, no help text...horrible.

I tried to upload a scan of my passport, in a 768KB jpeg file, and it errored out saying I needed to upload a jpeg file under 1MB.  Which mine was.  Same for the recent photo.  Error.  

I refreshed the page and it logged me out.  And of course it takes a minimum of 10 minutes for them to generate a new OTP.

And what's even worse?  This is for one overnight in Iquazu Falls on the Brazilian side.  I'm tempted to call Regent and see if they can just put us up on the Argentinian side for that night.

<sigh>

I am going through the same aggravation, their customer service is horrible.  I successfully uploaded all the information, paid the fee, and received confirmation two days ago.   Now they rejected the passport photo and want a flight itinerary that shows the flights into and out of Brazil, which I won't have until the day of entry on January 11th, and gave me a twelve-hour deadline as of midnight, to re-upload.

CIBTvisas, recommended by Regent still is not showing any details on their website only that a visa is necessary as of January 10, 2024.

7 hours ago, UUNetBill said:

And what's even worse?  This is for one overnight in Iquazu Falls on the Brazilian side.  I'm tempted to call Regent and see if they can just put us up on the Argentinian side for that night.

Exactly why we picked the other post-cruise excursion to Iguazu Falls -- it stays in Argentina.

For what it's worth, I have applied for visas for many countries over the years, including China, India, Egypt, and one in southeast Asia that I am not sure about, maybe Laos?  Providing flight info is

common, but I have never been asked for financial records.  This is a deal-breaker for me.  My financial advisor said it would be beyond stupid to send personal information like this to a foreign country.  I shred my statements before I put them in my trash! I am certainly not sending them off to be seen by who knows who!  Hoping that Brazil will modify the Visa requirements for cruise passengers.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bruce61 said:

Not that it makes it any easier on those posting above, but I believe most countries who require visas have you prove you have the funds to stay in their country, and a ticket to leave.  I recall doing this before a river cruise but don't remember if it was the Budapest or Prague stop (or maybe even a different city along the way) that required it.  I just remember having to prove we had some money in a bank, and a means of leaving their country,   In my view a minor distraction in advance of a nice trip.  

How did you provide the information on-line without giving the system your bank's routing numbers, bank account numbers, etc.?  I mean, the best we have come up with is to open up a new, small bank account just for purposes of this visa.  

Does anyone else worry about a poorly built, poorly run system having all our personal financial data?  How easy to hack could it be?  Would anyone in Brazil even notice or care?

Edited by ysolde
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ysolde said:

How did you provide the information on-line without giving the system your bank's routing numbers, bank account numbers, etc.?  I mean, the best we have come up with is to open up a new, small bank account just for purposes of this visa.  

Does anyone else worry about a poorly built, poorly run system having all our personal financial data?  How easy to hack could it be?  Would anyone in Brazil even notice or care?

I believe I provided one bank statement printout from online banking which blocks out all but the last few numbers of the account number.  I was not asked for a routing number but that is pretty easy to figure out if someone wanted to get to my account.    I did not provide a brokerage account or anything with a huge balance nor was I asked to.  It may be that Brazil is particularly picky.   I would probably block out the account number if it was not already truncated.  I would hope it is more an issue with a clunky system than their deep desire to get irrelevant financial data.

1 hour ago, Bruce61 said:

I believe I provided one bank statement printout from online banking which blocks out all but the last few numbers of the account number.  I was not asked for a routing number but that is pretty easy to figure out if someone wanted to get to my account.    I did not provide a brokerage account or anything with a huge balance nor was I asked to.  It may be that Brazil is particularly picky.   I would probably block out the account number if it was not already truncated.  I would hope it is more an issue with a clunky system than their deep desire to get irrelevant financial data.

Thanks, but they want us to do this all online now.  No printouts.  So I have no idea how to upload the data from my bank while blacking out part of the information.  Or maybe the bank does it automatically.  Who knows.  Yikes!

Edited by ysolde

1 hour ago, ysolde said:

Thanks, but they want us to do this all online now.  No printouts.  So I have no idea how to upload the data from my bank while blacking out part of the information.  Or maybe the bank does it automatically.  Who knows.  Yikes!

I went on the government website.  It is not as onerous as printed above.  It states:

1. Valid Passport (signed, valid up to the end of the travel to Brazil, 2 visa pages free)
  2. Visa application form (completed online)
  3. Passport-style photo (2” x 2”, white background)
  4. E-visa fee payment (US$ 80.90)
  5. Confirmation of flight reservation (showing entrance into and exit from Brazil)
  6. Printed bank statement showing transactions for the last 30 days and showing at least US$ 2,000.00 for travel

You should be able to print out a bank statement and then upload it.  Admittedly I am not one of you applying for this visa but it does not seem that difficult to me.

Edited by Bruce61
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ysolde said:

You could print out the bank statement, black out the account number, then scan the statement into a file to be submitted online. Your name on the statement should be enough to prove it’s yours. 

I have a scanner which makes it easy. If you don’t have a scanner but do have an iPhone you can use the Notes app to scan your documents. I imagine android phones have a similar feature. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, minotaur said:

Can someone please explain how your account details can be used to remove money from your account - which is presumably what people are worried about?

Routing number and account number are all that are needed to set up an ACH transfer. Routing number is for the financial institution and is a matter of public record.

Always black out the account number before sharing your statement. I would also advise blacking out any account number (last 4?) or institution name in the transactions.

Edited by RELS
  • Like 2

Can anyone who has successfully used the new evisa process tell me how to get past the page 5.

i have inputted my permanent address and my address in Rio but it wont accept it.  Very frustrating.  I go past the uploading of all the docs and now I am stuck on the easy page!

27 minutes ago, moknows said:

Can anyone who has successfully used the new evisa process tell me how to get past the page 5.

i have inputted my permanent address and my address in Rio but it wont accept it.  Very frustrating.  I go past the uploading of all the docs and now I am stuck on the easy page!

You don’t need your address in Rio. That may be why you are stuck. Can you edit to remove it?

Do people not read #27.

You can mark through the account number....

"I have never had to provide statements ...."

Well Brazil has always required bank statements and your first born to get a Visa.

Don't want to go through the exercise -- don't travel to Brazil. 

As I said earlier use a visa service like CIBT -- call them for info and pricing since this is all new. They will walk you through the documents needed and do all of the frustrating work. Another visa service passportvisaexpress.com is also good.  I have used them over 20 times for Visa and quick passport renewals.

I'm just curious, as I've been reading some of the frustrations that have been expressed on this thread. I (fortunately) have never been in the situation where I needed a visa for any of our itineraries (at least in the past).

Does Regent provide/offer any kind of "visa service" for their passengers (even if an additional cost is involved) for itineraries that require them?  All of this frustration is certainly not helping folks/customers to get into a "happy cruise mode" beforehand.  Regards

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pingpong1 said:

I'm just curious, as I've been reading some of the frustrations that have been expressed on this thread. I (fortunately) have never been in the situation where I needed a visa for any of our itineraries (at least in the past).

Does Regent provide/offer any kind of "visa service" for their passengers (even if an additional cost is involved) for itineraries that require them?  All of this frustration is certainly not helping folks/customers to get into a "happy cruise mode" beforehand.  Regards

We needed a visa for Turkey earlier this year. Regent facilitated the process for $99. I could have done it myself for $50. I had plenty of other things to do and I paid the $99. 

• Like 1

On 12/9/2023 at 10:51 AM, pingpong1 said:

Regent sent the info to my TA and she forwarded on to me.  Still trying to get the sight to send me an OTP so i can log in and make another attempt.  But you know the definition of insanity....

• Like 2