Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

Just now, fletch1027 said:

Kind of a random question for anyone on the WC - what's the trivia like? We love to play the various trivia's and I was wondering how the CD crew was getting along on the WC? Not like the typical week long cruises when you can recycle weekly... 🙂

Pretty much the same as any other cruise.  The one thing about trivia is....you can pull a lot of info up  from anything.  😉 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, fletch1027 said:

Kind of a random question for anyone on the WC - what's the trivia like? We love to play the various trivia's and I was wondering how the CD crew was getting along on the WC? Not like the typical week long cruises when you can recycle weekly... 🙂

Most trivia is the same folks winning. 

They are doing a progressive event each week. On sea days

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sooo...getting past that...as I stand on my balcony, I am feeling so grateful to be here to watch the world pass by me.  So much world out there, so much I will never see in my lifetime.  Just so happy to stand by as a witness to the appetizer of what I can view of our beloved planet.  Just not enough lifetime to see it all...but damn...I am trying to make an effort of it while I still can.  😊

• Like 31

13 minutes ago, island lady said:
What is a better word for boring?

dull humdrum lifeless monotonous mundane stale stodgy stuffy stupid tame tedious tiresome tiring trite uninteresting.

You left out pretentious and entitled.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, island lady said:

Sooo...getting past that...as I stand on my balcony, I am feeling so grateful to be here to watch the world pass by me.  So much world out there, so much I will never see in my lifetime.  Just so happy to stand by as a witness to the appetizer of what I can view of our beloved planet.  Just not enough lifetime to see it all...but damn...I am trying to make an effort of it while I still can.  😊

Right on! Cheers. 🍷

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, island lady said:

I am feeling so grateful to be here to watch the world pass by me. 

Better to pass by some than sit back and let it all pass you by. You will never be able to grasp for the gold ring if you never get on the ride.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Better to pass by some than sit back and let it all pass you by. You will never be able to grasp at the gold ring if you never get on the ride.

OMG....love it.  Soo true my friend.  🥰  Cheers to you as well.   🥂

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Better to pass by some than sit back and let it all pass you by. You will never be able to grasp for the gold ring if you never get on the ride.

Agree. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fletch1027 said:

As Laura said, this morning, Progressive Trivia was at 10am.

Theme Trivia (today was Big Bang Theory) was at Noon.

Afternoon Trivia is at 4pm.

Then there’s 7 o’clock Trivia.

I think it’s pretty much the same every day.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Very well said.  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, island lady said:

Lunch today at Chops with dear friends Lee and Adida.   Such a great time.  Our favorite breakfast waiter.  On a side not, Ellen came in briefly to say hello.  She has a badly pulled muscle in her calf and has not been in for awhile.  We miss her.  

20240125_104939.jpg

20240125_105820.jpg

When you mentioned the name Adida earlier I thought I recognized it. 

Now I recognize her photo.  She is a ticktocker with some drama/rumors last I saw a week or so ago.

• Like 1

We had a fantastic dinner at Chops tonight!  Our Waiter Paulo spotted a Pod of about 8-10 humpback whales right outside the window!  So cool!  Hope we continue to see whales as we move north towards LA!  Beautiful sunset as well!  

• Like 12

42 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Now I recognize her photo.  She is a ticktocker with some drama/rumors last I saw a week or so ago.

I believe they are @leeharpoon on here. 

16 minutes ago, pstone1 said:

We had a fantastic dinner at Chops tonight!  Our Waiter Paulo spotted a Pod of about 8-10 humpback whales right outside the window!  So cool!  Hope we continue to see whales as we move north towards LA!  Beautiful sunset as well!  

It is prime time for grey whales. And there has been a locally famous pod of Eastern Tropical Pacific Orcas hanging out near San Diego and south, feeding on dolphins. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yeah, she is a tick tocker...but compared to others on that website...she is much more tame.   She and I are on different media sites...but still friends.  😉

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Jenna said:

I believe they are @leeharpoon on here. 

Not sure if that is her, or if she has a CC name...but I have pointed out to her how to get on the CC website...she had difficulty trying to find it and how to pull up the threads.