Neptune Suite Dining

Carol28

I think I want to clarify my question. Is club orange free to suite guests? If other guest can purchase that dining area, that’s just fine with me. We have not sailed with Holland America for many years. They were just building club Orange the last time we cruised with them. As I recall, it was a glass enclosed area near the dining room, where people were waiting online to get into the dining room. Is that an accurate memory? is the food different and is it good? The reason I’m asking is that we have sailed recently on Royal Caribbean and Celebrity and it’s quite enjoyable to have a quieter place for meals. 

Yes, Club Orange is included (no extra sur-charge) for Neptune Suites guests or anybody that purchased Club Orange during their booking process.  Again, you may already know this, the Club Orange stand alone restaurant is only on Holland's Pinnacle class ships.  At this time there is no separate restaurants for Holland's other classes of ships.

I'm not sure if Holland still does it, but breakfast was done at the Pinnacle Grill for Neptune Suite guests in the past on the other classes of ships. 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Carol28 said:

I think I want to clarify my question. Is club orange free to suite guests?

Yes, it’s included for Neptune Suite guests.  As mentioned, it’s only on the 3 Pinnacle Class ships - N Statendam, Koningsdam & Rotterdam.

On the other HAL ships, it’s just the MDR.

On the Pinnacle Class ships, you have Club Orange for breakfast and dinner as a Neptune Suite perk.

On the other ships, you have the Pinnacle Grill for breakfast.

51 minutes ago, Carol28 said:

If other guest can purchase that dining area, that’s just fine with me. We have not sailed with Holland America for many years. They were just building club Orange the last time we cruised with them. As I recall, it was a glass enclosed area near the dining room, where people were waiting online to get into the dining room. Is that an accurate memory? is the food different and is it good? The reason I’m asking is that we have sailed recently on Royal Caribbean and Celebrity and it’s quite enjoyable to have a quieter place for meals. 

The CO dining room is much quieter and very enjoyable IMO.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, vino100 said:

I loved club orange , less people and better service. 

Agree. Decor is especially nice in Rotterdam’s Club Orange, IMO, since that space on Konigsdam & Nieuw Statendam started out as America’s Test Kitchen, whereas Rotterdam has always been the Club Orange dining room.

The high ceilings of the Pinnacle main dining rooms are striking but I prefer a more intimate-feeling dining space. So I appreciate the C.O. option.

Neptune Suite is nothing like a suite experience on other ships. There is no suite restaurant or area like Celebrity or MSC. The Club Orange "benefit" for Neptune Suite is included but on non Pinnacle Class ships you go to the same MDR, via the right entrance, and sit in a "designated section" of the MDR. The food on all ships is the same for regular MDR but CO passengers get 1 extra entree selection added to their menu each night. As stated you can eat breakfast in the alternative dining Pinnacle Grill restaurant on non Pinnacle Class ships or in the Club Orange restaurant on Pinnacle ships. Neptune guests have a small concierge lounge with 2 person concierge for direct service for booking things, request, etc and a small selection of snacks but again, not like other ship suite experience. We feel that other than a larger cabin, HAL offering CO on Pinnacle ships (as well as experiencing what other lines offer). has deflated our need for Neptune Suite so we no longer see the value. 

3 hours ago, REOVA said:

Neptune Suite is nothing like a suite experience on other ships. There is no suite restaurant or area like Celebrity or MSC. The Club Orange "benefit" for Neptune Suite is included but on non Pinnacle Class ships you go to the same MDR, via the right entrance, and sit in a "designated section" of the MDR. The food on all ships is the same for regular MDR but CO passengers get 1 extra entree selection added to their menu each night. As stated you can eat breakfast in the alternative dining Pinnacle Grill restaurant on non Pinnacle Class ships or in the Club Orange restaurant on Pinnacle ships. Neptune guests have a small concierge lounge with 2 person concierge for direct service for booking things, request, etc and a small selection of snacks but again, not like other ship suite experience. We feel that other than a larger cabin, HAL offering CO on Pinnacle ships (as well as experiencing what other lines offer). has deflated our need for Neptune Suite so we no longer see the value. 

Somewhat agree.  HAL's suite  expreiance is not like Celebrity and some other lines, but neither are their ships.

As for value when you add the cost of C.O.  to other balcony rooms the Neptune's perks and extra sq ft still keep them viable. However I will say the sweet spot for us is the Signature suite without C.O.

12 minutes ago, Dutchman48 said:

Somewhat agree.  HAL's suite  expreiance is not like Celebrity and some other lines, but neither are their ships.

As for value when you add the cost of C.O.  to other balcony rooms the Neptune's perks and extra sq ft still keep them viable. However I will say the sweet spot for us is the Signature suite without C.O.

Definitely SS is the spot. But we stopped factoring in sq ft as a value in our cruises since we can do with smaller cabins as long as storage, itinerary and balcony is there. MSC suite experience blew us away but the ship size was too much. And if other lines had smaller ships (better storage) and better itineraries, these 5* passengers would be on them more. Why can't we build a line that "has it all" 😉 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, alwaysfrantic said:

There was no separate section in the MDR on Zuiderdam.  Just an additional entree that was never just shown to me.  I asked a few times what it was but a menu wasn’t given.  

there is a different line to seat you more quickly but the seat could be anywhere.  

Did you ask for the CO menu? On Zaandam we (in a Neptune Suite) simply asked for the CO menu, and got it every night. Not sure how the waiters would know you have earned the CO menu, if you don't tell them.

38 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Did you ask for the CO menu? On Zaandam we (in a Neptune Suite) simply asked for the CO menu, and got it every night. Not sure how the waiters would know you have earned the CO menu, if you don't tell them.

The first night yes, and he gave me the entree name but no menu with a huff and an eye roll.   After that we had the same server every night.   They are supposed to know, he told me on the last night but he hadn’t been told.  I asked that night because nothing on regular menu sounded good to me.   
(the orange or gold key that they swipe for drinks would notify though)

Edited by alwaysfrantic
  • Like 1