Checking in for your next cruise while on a cruise??

ready2cruzagain

I have been on b2b2b's on NCL several times but I don't remember how I did the check in for the last cruise, I could have sworn you could check in before 21 days (last time on NCL 2020). We will be on the ship and I do not want to waste my free minutes trying to check into our last cruise and I have never used my phone for doing such things so it would take me forever. I usually just stick my phone in the safe. How do I check in for the last cruise since when we board check in is not available. Can I go to guest services and do it there?

The 21 day check in started in late summer of 2021 if I remember correctly - I had partially checked in for an upcoming cruise, couldn't finish until day 21.

As to checking in while onboard, yes you can access the NCL site without using your minutes, it might be slow.  However, my experience was that I couldn't complete the check in because the required muster video won't load. I wasn't on a B2B so could have waited until I got home but I just used wifi at one of the port stops.

I would assume you would also be able to check in through guest services.

1 hour ago, julig22 said:

The 21 day check in started in late summer of 2021 if I remember correctly - I had partially checked in for an upcoming cruise, couldn't finish until day 21.

As to checking in while onboard, yes you can access the NCL site without using your minutes, it might be slow.  However, my experience was that I couldn't complete the check in because the required muster video won't load. I wasn't on a B2B so could have waited until I got home but I just used wifi at one of the port stops.

Wouldn't you be able to connect to the website at the internet cafe?

2 hours ago, julig22 said:

Well that explains it. Last time on NCL was Feb. 2020 at the start of the pandemic. I knew I had never had this problem.  I will do guest services since we aren't getting off the ship other than GSC. I was wondering about the muster drill thingy and you are quite right. Tried calling, they have no clue

Edited by ready2cruzagain

1 hour ago, fredflint said:

Just have someone that is back home do the check in 🙂  Much like checking in for a Southwest flight!

Except Southwest doesn't require a picture. Unless the person checking in for you is your identical twin or a clone, it could be a problem.

3 hours ago, cruiser2015 said:

Wouldn't you be able to connect to the website at the internet cafe?

Yes, you can go to the internet cafe if you don't have your own device. And you don't need to use your minutes to access the NCL site. But unless you have the premium WiFi package,, you might not be able to view the required video. It's a known issue according to the IT person onboard.

2 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

Except Southwest doesn't require a picture. Unless the person checking in for you is your identical twin or a clone, it could be a problem.

They can take your picture and store it on their computer to use when they're checking you in.   I use a photo editor to change the  photo around until NCL accepts it.  Then I save a copy for next time.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Anoynmous Phoenix said:

If you are B2B2B on the same ship you will not have to.   Go and talk to the Gust Services desk, they will sort it out for you.

If not and you are changing ships go to the free NCL site on board and do it there.

We have done both with no difficulty.

Yes, staying on the same ship. Thanks

Just now, ready2cruzagain said:

no, we will be gone with no internet for 3 days before

ok.  still seems like it should work out.  for example, let's say the three cruises were 12/16, 23rd, and 30th.  You could check in for the last cruise on the 10th, which is more than 3 days before the first.  Either way, I think you'll see be ok since you're staying on the same ship and they will have special check in procedures for b2b cruisers.  Have a great time!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

NCL doesn’t require a picture (at least not always). Last year we had to upload something, but we didn’t this year.

From memory there was an option to have then taken at the port.

8 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Sorry everyone, duh me moment! Figured it out

That's okay.  I suspected as much, which is why I asked the question.  The Chief was only good at math in school and also had an epic math failure right here on our fine forum a month or so ago.  I blamed the Scotch and weak reading skills, but I really can't back that up.🤡

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

NCL doesn’t require a picture (at least not always). Last year we had to upload something, but we didn’t this year.

From memory there was an option to have then taken at the port.

I've uploaded the same picture for our last five cruises to check in.  They still took our photo in Miami two weeks ago.  That's NCL for yah!