If you could change only one thing on the Royal Carribean Ships what would that be?

On 12/16/2023 at 11:19 PM, bretts173 said:

But you now have to pay for pizza at Gigi's or Alfredo's. And the pizza has improved at sorrentos in the last 6 months, definitely fresh not pre made, but as you don't go there......

You get two included 3 course visits with the Plus package.  Besides, I wouldn't get the pizza there, I'd get the calzone.  The pizza costs 8.50 a la carte.

On 12/12/2023 at 10:51 PM, bonsai3s said:

A more comfortable bed.

Gods, yes.  I don't know what it is about Royal's beds (or maybe the bedding), but I almost always have trouble falling asleep.  Maybe the mattress is too firm, as others have mentioned?  

I'd also love the option of getting firmer pillows instead of really soft fluffy ones; those tend to feel warmer to me.

On 12/15/2023 at 6:29 PM, The Sunset Glow said:

Every ship needs a food venue on the pool deck - one where you can get a quick meal with your bathing suit on.

Absolutely!  

On 12/16/2023 at 10:51 AM, Shayhooper said:

Please stop reminding us that we will be getting a survey and making us confirm we will give them a 10 rating after every single meal. EVERY.SINGLE.MEAL.  It seriously ended each meal on a sour note that made us quite uncomfortable.  

That's not just on Royal, but other lines too.  It's maddening. 

So:   "Umm, I've had good service from you, but this is the third time you've mentioned giving you a 10 on the post-cruise survey.  For every reminder after tonight, my score drops by one point." 

On 12/16/2023 at 1:31 PM, JupiterTwo said:

My one thing was going to be to have a shawarma stand on the pool deck like Disney has. Royal doesn't need another pizza, burger, or hot dog offering. Shawarma is easy to carry in a pita, slice a few cuts from a meat on a rotisserie, add some veggies and sauce, and walk away.

I wasn't really sure what "shawarma" was...until I sailed on Carnival's Mardi Gras.  Tried some from the shawarma station in the Lido...and loved it.  

I also discovered what "bulgogi beef" is, on the same ship (it was offered at one of their "Street Eats" kiosks.)

I'd love to see more "free"/included dining options for lunch on the smaller ships...and by smaller I mean anything Freedom-class or smaller.  After cruising on Carnival I was shocked at the paucity of included venues on the Indy and the Freedom -- although El Loco Fresh was a welcome addition on the latter.  Still nowhere near as good as Blue Iguana Cantina, but I respect Royal's effort.  

Also, unless they've already adopted this fleet-wide, PLEASE issue sail-and-sign cards with a pre-punched hole for a lanyard.  I hated having to wait in line at Guest Services just to get my lanyard punched.  

18 minutes ago, CruisingHogFan said:

Make tipping mandatory and built in on the invoice so it can’t be removed.

And be honest…call it a service fee. RC pretty much admitted “gratuities” have nothing to do with the crew when they cut cabin service in half while raising the amount. 

• Like 1

The one thing I've always found confounding about Royal Caribbean is how bad the pizza onboard is. Princess, MSC and even Carnival blows Sorento's out of the water. I'm not sure if it's a proofing issue or a recipe issue, but the dough on Royal ships always seems so... industrial/food service in both taste and texture. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AstoriaPreppy said:

The one thing I've always found confounding about Royal Caribbean is how bad the pizza onboard is. Princess, MSC and even Carnival blows Sorento's out of the water. I'm not sure if it's a proofing issue or a recipe issue, but the dough on Royal ships always seems so... industrial/food service in both taste and texture. 

That is odd when you think about it.  Maybe the over temp is too low?   But it isn't like the ingredients for pizza dough are costly.   

Can I have 2?  Bring back the everyday menu items in the MDR.  Celebrity did.  Those everyday items set Royal apart from other same level cruise lines.  Also, along the same vein, bring back the sides to go along with the pizza.  It was a nice enhancement and added an upgrade to getting just a plain old slice of pizza.  

• Like 1

On 12/20/2023 at 6:47 PM, RoperDK said:

Can I have 2?  Bring back the everyday menu items in the MDR.  Celebrity did.  Those everyday items set Royal apart from other same level cruise lines.  Also, along the same vein, bring back the sides to go along with the pizza.  It was a nice enhancement and added an upgrade to getting just a plain old slice of pizza.  

I could order french onion soup every day!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1