Port of Miami, Global Entry

smajy

2 hours ago, smajy said:

Are there GE machines at Port of Miami to skip the customs line?

search in web.  There are new stories that Port of Miami will now be a GE interview site, but they do not  say if The Port allows for GE.  Conundrum 

2 hours ago, smajy said:

Are there GE machines at Port of Miami to skip the customs line?

TECHNICALLY if you look at the web sites for GE it is described as being for AIRPORTS only.  However IME I have seen 'priority' lanes at cruise ports marked for GE holders (and used them). They don't have the machines but will hand inspect the card and the line is VERY short .. . 

Global Entry is a program of the U.S. Customs and Border Protection service that allows pre-approved, low-risk travelers to receive expedited clearance upon arrival into the United States through automatic kiosks at select airports

• Like 1

We disembarked Saturday at Terminal C following an MSC cruise (and before the port was closed down due to weather) and there was no GE that I could see - it wasn't needed because there was facial recognition.  You stopped for not even 30 seconds while the screen scanned your face and the message appeared to proceed.  It was even easier than the first time we used it in Port Everglades in 2022 where passports were inserted into the machine to be read.  I presume the new machines just take your picture and compare it to your passport picture in the database.

9 hours ago, capriccio said:

We disembarked Saturday at Terminal C following an MSC cruise (and before the port was closed down due to weather) and there was no GE that I could see - it wasn't needed because there was facial recognition.  You stopped for not even 30 seconds while the screen scanned your face and the message appeared to proceed.  It was even easier than the first time we used it in Port Everglades in 2022 where passports were inserted into the machine to be read.  I presume the new machines just take your picture and compare it to your passport picture in the database.

That is similar to airport procedures now.

• 2 months later...

We gave GE but cruise ship return are quite different than airports.

They often just look at our passport and we keep moving.  Other times they scan it, but overall, not too bad.

Not Miami, but in November we took a 3-night to Bahamas our of Port Everglades, and Customs getting off was nothing. Took maybe 30-seconds. I don't even remembering giving them my passports, just walk through a line that said passports instead of birth certificates. No lines, no wait. 

Edited by Flymia