Grandeur live 12/14 - 12/21

lorimay

1 hour ago, bitob said:

Some want 2 loungers

others must have table and 2 chairs

apparently table two chairs and 2 loungers not going to fit

impossible for regent to please everyone and they are surely not going to keep changing balcony furniture 😁

bitob......question here as we will be in 1012 on Grandeur in July......how have you found the GS? We're anxious to compare it to both 1201 and 1012 on Splendor. 

Just now, Gpilon said:

bitob......question here as we will be in 1012 on Grandeur in July......how have you found the GS? We're anxious to compare it to both 1201 and 1012 on Splendor. 

Divine

22 hours ago, briar14 said:

No. I would have, but the weather was not great on the Trieste to Miami cruise. Not all F1’s have the larger balcony. We were in 780. 

Thanks.  I was curious because others have said in the past that if they ask for a lounger the cabin steward would bring one.  Just wondering if that still worked.   Not sure if my balcony will be big enough, but if so, I may give it a shot. 

We asked for an additional lounger in an aft 7 seas suite on Mariner - and they brought us one. That is a considerably larger balcony, of course, but it had 2 chairs & a table and 1 lounge. I’d always ask, if the answer is ‘no”, at least you tried.

There isn’t really room for 2 loungers the PH balconies on Explorer/Splendor/Grandeur - unless they get rid of the huge cushion box which takes up a load of space. They are still great balconies!

1 hour ago, papaflamingo said:

Thanks.  I was curious because others have said in the past that if they ask for a lounger the cabin steward would bring one.  Just wondering if that still worked.   Not sure if my balcony will be big enough, but if so, I may give it a shot. 

I asked for a lounger and was told they didn’t have extras.  They tried to find one not being used in a named Suite but was told that the loungers are now a heavy metal (not wicker) and to difficult to be moved.  

The chairs on our balcony do recline but are unusable for me because of a fused back.   I have used the 2 chairs to make a lounger in the past but that means only one of us can sit on the Grandeur balcony. 

We ended up canceling 2 cruises on Grandeur because of the balcony situation (among other reasons). We moving to other Regent ships we know. 

Having sailed on Explorer and Splendor many times, we arrived on Granduer with certain expectations and they were not met.  Regent is a geear product overall, love the staff and the Grandeur is gorgeous but we feel the Granduer is just not for us.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, CruzC2C said:

I asked for a lounger and was told they didn’t have extras.  They tried to find one not being used in a named Suite but was told that the loungers are now a heavy metal (not wicker) and to difficult to be moved.

Thanks for the info.  

Edited by papaflamingo

10 hours ago, bitob said:

Disembarking early tomorrow 

Hope you enjoyed your time on Grandeur; sounds like you did, a lot. I enjoyed meeting you and becoming friends.

Just remember not to inadvertently dine and dash at a restaurant once you're home. I had to get used to paying the check again.  🤑

• Haha 2

Just now, GMIAC said:

Hope you enjoyed your time on Grandeur; sounds like you did, a lot. I enjoyed meeting you and becoming friends.

Just remember not to inadvertently dine and dash at a restaurant once you're home. I had to get used to paying the check again.  🤑

lol. Great meeting both of u. We will stay in touch for sure

Response to my email to Mike Moore regarding pool lounges...

As previously mentioned in the thread, I wrote to Mike Moore regarding what I was told was a new Regent fleet-wide policy regarding the saving of pool lounges.  The relevant portion of my email follows:

We boarded Splendor on January 21, 2023 and not long after were confronted with fellow cruisers leaving a few personal items on pool lounges early in the morning and expecting those lounges to sit unused until they return…sometimes hours later.

This issue was solved on Splendor with the assistance of Stephane Carriou, Food & Beverage Director.  He was instrumental in creating a fleet-wide policy to address the issue which included a 30-minute time limit on vacant lounges, signage near the pool bar, and a table near the bar for personal items removed from lounges by deck crew after 30 minutes.  Announcements were also made in Passages.  After all were aware of the policy the issue diminished drastically.

Mike Moore's response was that the policy is as I described and all ships will be asked to reference the policy in Passages and signage on the pool deck.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/4/2024 at 11:01 AM, GMIAC said:

Whenever I do that I risk knocking our drying swimsuits off the railing. :classic_cool:

You need one of these - spotted on MSC Seaside on Tuesday 🤨

IMG_2473.jpeg

• Haha 2

We have sailed in both 700 and 800 Penthouse C suites (the ones at the point of the bow).  Both balconies had a table (about 4 ft diameter) with 2 chairs, a full lounger and then a long box (size and shape of the lounger) that was used to store the cushions.  All of that left plenty of room to walk up along the front of the balcony to watch what the ship was either sailing into or what was happening at the dock/ship in front of you.  We love these particular suites and go out of our way to book them.

We have booked suite 700 on our upcoming cruise on Grandeur and expect the same experience.  We did learn on Splendor that the bow camera captures picture of your head if you stand at the balcony rail in suite 700 and then a lesser amount of your head in 800.  It is the way the camera is angled.  It never bothered us but YMMV.

9 minutes ago, lprp said:

You need one of these - spotted on MSC Seaside on Tuesday 🤨

Looks nice, but then I wouldn't be able to accidentally kick my stuff off the railing when I'm resting my feet up there.  🤪

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, -Lew- said:

As previously mentioned in the thread, I wrote to Mike Moore regarding what I was told was a new Regent fleet-wide policy regarding the saving of pool lounges.  The relevant portion of my email follows:

We boarded Splendor on January 21, 2023 and not long after were confronted with fellow cruisers leaving a few personal items on pool lounges early in the morning and expecting those lounges to sit unused until they return…sometimes hours later.

This issue was solved on Splendor with the assistance of Stephane Carriou, Food & Beverage Director.  He was instrumental in creating a fleet-wide policy to address the issue which included a 30-minute time limit on vacant lounges, signage near the pool bar, and a table near the bar for personal items removed from lounges by deck crew after 30 minutes.  Announcements were also made in Passages.  After all were aware of the policy the issue diminished drastically.

Mike Moore's response was that the policy is as I described and all ships will be asked to reference the policy in Passages and signage on the pool deck.

Didn’t happen on grandeur with Stefane on board

4 hours ago, -Lew- said:

I guess the Granduer did not get the letter

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, bitob said:

Disembarking early tomorrow 

your ta can find out

smooth travelling home ! and hoping to meet on another cruise very soon - it was a 😃pleasure to meet and to play trivia 

my next cruise is Barbados barbados on the Splendor - and your contributions showed me the way to Regent  as we both had a history on 2 other companies  

2 hours ago, bitob said:

Didn’t happen on grandeur with Stefane on board

1 hour ago, etual324 said:

I guess the Granduer did not get the letter

I received Mike's email just yesterday.  Let's give them a few days.  I'm curious whether the policy will be in place by the time we board on the 26th of this month.

Just now, vistaman said:

smooth travelling home ! and hoping to meet on another cruise very soon - it was a 😃pleasure to meet and to play trivia 

my next cruise is Barbados barbados on the Splendor - and your contributions showed me the way to Regent  as we both had a history on 2 other companies  

So fun to finally meet you 

Just now, -Lew- said:

I received Mike's email just yesterday.  Let's give them a few days.  I'm curious whether the policy will be in place by the time we board on the 26th of this month.

Thx for following up. Hope they enforce the policy across the fleet

2 hours ago, -Lew- said:

My bad it is posted in Passages but NOT enforced as is the closing of the back door of the smoking room on deck 11 the stench from cigars is awful I t   reported this to them  3 different times !

Edited by etual324
grammer