RCL Liberty of the Seas in March (Question about age of the cruisers onboard)

Looking to book a last minute cruise in March of 2024. I know it is late in the game. I have a chance to do various RCL cruises, particularly looking at a 4 night cruise that sails out of Fort Lauderdale on Liberty of the Seas. We are an older couple in our 60's. My concern is that it will be a "young person's" cruise and there will be many children on there (they are running a "kids sail free" promotion and it is Spring Break). I have options with Norwegian and Celebrity that are similar itineraries but the RCL cruise fits our price and availability is good. Should I be worried about being "too old" on the RCL cruise or will we be overrun with youth? Will the Celebrity and Norwegian cruises be more in our age range. 

17 hours ago, motravelerken said:

Looking to book a last minute cruise in March of 2024. I know it is late in the game. 

Hi Ken, who is a traveler from Missouri.  Very late in the game?  Not really, we’ve looked and the latest you can book is the last week shortly before the passenger manifest closes so you still have plenty of time.

You stated March, but didn’t specify which week.  That could vary quite a bit as far as the demand and the number of kids on any given week. Historically March is a little bit lower for overall demand as well as number if kids, but you have to factor in the school breaks.  If you pick dates when there are no school breaks you are good.  Most breaks at at or near Easter but will vary.  

In the last few years trends have not held very well and you’re seeing more kids throughout the year. Expect more kids compared to a few years ago, but it will really depend on if you are near any of the school break periods. Easter falls on March 31 so that week will likely be heavy with the children.

You didn't mention the week you have in mind. Spring break for both Miami-Dade and Broward is the last week of March. There will be lots of young people on board. We both work in education so it's the week we sail as well, but we're used to it!

We did a short cruise on the Indy last March.  I’ll never say never, but I will definitely think twice about a short cruise in March again.  We have two elementary aged kids so the young kids didn’t bother us, it was the young adults. The ship was full of college spring breakers and bachelor/bachlorette parties.  My kids witnessed some questionable stuff 🤣.  I’m all for having a great time, but it was a little too much of a party atmosphere for our young family. 

• Like 1

On 12/16/2023 at 3:48 PM, lovelife said:

On a seven-night Oasis sailing this past March 12 the ship was overrun with kiddos so it also happens on longer sailings on larger ships.

Just off Oasis with 1,005 kiddos!

1005 kiddos on Oasis isn't that bad.  1005 kiddos on Grandeur, different story.  (about what we had in 2014 on my NYE cruise)

6 hours ago, Rogueperson said:

1005 kiddos on Oasis isn't that bad.  1005 kiddos on Grandeur, different story.  (about what we had in 2014 on my NYE cruise)

I did two cruises on Grandeur earlier this year. Kids were few and far between, although I am sure there were more kids on board than appeared.