Bed configuration

Hobar

• Hobar changed the title to Bed configuration

Call, it will be part of your booking.  Dining seating requests can be done also.  If you have a TA she can do this for you. 

but first, check your invoice carefully as it should state what was originally requested 

It doesn't always happen.  Sometimes the cabin stewards don't get the correct information.  If it isn't done as you want upon arriving to your cabin, your cabin steward can/will do it for you.  I wish HAL would put this on your booking & make it easy to designate yourself.  I have tried to find it on our bookings unsuccessfully.  Carnival's web site does have a place to designate your preference, but the info doesn't always get to the stewards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Banditswife said:

If it isn't done as you want upon arriving to your cabin, your cabin steward can/will do it for you. 

We've had this happen once but it was our fault with all the kids traveling we were self-switching rooms.....It took the room steward about a minute to re-configure. 

we've never seen the bed configuration on our invoice also........but the TA can take care of it ahead of time.

(you can also ask the TA to request Riedel stemware for your stateroom.......just kidding...but there will be wine and champagne glassware waiting or you whether requested or not)

Enjoy the journey.......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, FlaMariner said:

Where is that?

I've never seen that document....I book with a TA.

That is the official HAL invoice. I get both my TA’s invoice and the HAL.  As a matter of fact I asked her to quit sending me the office copy because the HAL invoice is jammed packed with so much information.  You should ask your TA to send you that copy just so you can see the amount of information 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

IMG_1515.jpeg

I agree with FlaMariner- we book w/TA & have never seen that.  Nor could I find a place on the web pg to add my choice of bed configuration.  I have let my TA know how we want it though.  She has told me that on our last cruise there was a glitch in HAL's system that made all cabins a queen bed.

All that information is on the invoice from my TA. The wording for the bed on ours is "beds together". I think for the most part "beds together" is the default. I don't think getting it changed to twin beds, perhaps "bed apart" would be a big deal if the configuration is wrong when you arrive.

50 minutes ago, Banditswife said:

I agree with FlaMariner- we book w/TA & have never seen that.  Nor could I find a place on the web pg to add my choice of bed configuration.  I have let my TA know how we want it though.  She has told me that on our last cruise there was a glitch in HAL's system that made all cabins a queen bed.

I only included about 20% of the invoice.  It also includes all perks booked, itinerary, tender ports denoted plus a bunch of the most important contractual details, flight ease details, payment schedule, cancellation fees , insurance and more.  

• Like 1

What @Mary229 is talking about is the 'Guest Copy' which the PCC or TA can request. Many agents you talk to have no idea what it is. The agency can request it any time a change is made. It contains a lot of information in a pretty nice manner. If your TA or PCC doesn't know what you are talking about, you need to insist that they send it or ask for a supervisor. My TA knows that I want it and sends it without any problem. If your TA won't or says they can't provide it get another agent / agency.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mary229 said:

tender ports denoted plus a bunch of the most important contractual details,

I was wondering where to find tender ports. I think a call to my TA is in order. My next cruise has 16 ports of call. It would be nice to know which are tender ports.

3 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

We've had this happen once but it was our fault with all the kids traveling we were self-switching rooms.....It took the room steward about a minute to re-configure. 

we've never seen the bed configuration on our invoice also........but the TA can take care of it ahead of time.

(you can also ask the TA to request Riedel stemware for your stateroom.......just kidding...but there will be wine and champagne glassware waiting or you whether requested or not)

Enjoy the journey.......

I have the bed configuration on my "Booking Confirmation" but on one cruise once, I came into a cabin with 2 single beds.  But, IIRC it was on a cruise that I was upgraded at embarkation.  It took the stewards a hot minute to change it.  (oops I see it was answered several times)

Edited by Nickelpenny

36 minutes ago, FLCruiser97 said:

I was wondering where to find tender ports. I think a call to my TA is in order. My next cruise has 16 ports of call. It would be nice to know which are tender ports.

Tender ports will be listed on your itinerary from HAL.

tender.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Banditswife said:

@FlaMariner @Banditswife HAL always provides this type of invoice to your TA - it has a lot of info that you should confirm and as you can see from @Mary229 copy, also had your dining selection.

TA should be sending it to you - every time I make a change (add SOBC, AARP OBC, change dining, etc), I request HAL send one then follow up w/a request to my TA to send it to me. 

Bedding config is done at time of booking, but can always be updated.

Edited by Haljo1935
Additional comment

1 minute ago, FLCruiser97 said:

I will be requesting this. This is exactly what I need for the tender ports.

If you can’t get it from her, HAL does list all tender ports in the itinerary on their public pages.  Simply search for your cruise there and click through for the full itinerary 

You can also use the “order service” (wording could be off) tab on the navigator app, once you get to the room and if you find them not arranged how you prefer.  This is handy since the room attendants are often busy on the first day and I haven’t always caught them. Quicker than a phone call, too. 
other requests on that menu of the app include extra hangers, extra pillows, ice, turndown service, and similar room items. 

im always finding folks have never seen this, despite being app users.  I believe that’s because it’s behind the menu button “order now” and that icon looks like a food service icon, so it’s easy to overlook.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1