Sapphire on 1st day of our third week in a b2b2b

ready2cruzagain

19 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

The OP eventually came back and said Day 150 was the first day of the third leg. (In which case, he would not get credit for Day 150 until that day was completed. Hence, no Latitudes upgrade until after the third leg was completed.)

If this had been made clear from the beginning, this whole string of gobblydegook could have been avoided. 

I assume this dead horse can now rest in peace.

Go back to the original paragraph where I asked and it shows 

On 12/16/2023 at 10:12 AM, ready2cruzagain said:

Our first day of our third cruise I will have 150 days.

So, I am pretty sure this WAS made clear from the beginning.

• Haha 1

all this talk about the CN desk "manually adjusting" the account is nonsense.

they look in the system... if they can see that you have the required number of points/nights, once the prior cruise has been "resolved," they hand you the appropriate tier packet for your new tier. they do this because your cabin will not have been provisioned properly for your new tier. 

they don't adjust anything... the point total and tier status shown in the system can't be manually overridden by the CN folks. and they can't bend the rules by handing you, say, a platinum tier packet with dinner coupons because when you go to use those coupons, the system will not allow you to use them... the hostess, server and cashier at the restaurant won't be able to apply the coupon because you're not platinum. (if you're a newly minted sapphire, they may not hand you a new packet because your cabin will have already been provisioned with platinum dinner coupons.)

1 hour ago, ready2cruzagain said:

clear?

in the immortal words of inigo montoya, “i do not think that word means what you think it means."

though it's been said many times, many ways, here it is yet again: you will only have 149 points on day one of the third cruise! you will earn a point for the first day of the third cruise, that much is true, and that point will be awarded after the completion of the third cruise, along with all the other points for the other nights of the third cruise.  in any case, please do stop by the CN desk and give them all our kind regards and, by all means, do report back here so we can all celebrate your unlikely success or offer condolences after your inevitable defeat.

from the latitudes rewards FAQ:

"Rewards points are applied to your account after you return from your cruise. Points will be applied within 48 hours after you have completed a sailing."

regardless of whether or not you believe deep within the smithy of your soul that you will have 150 days on day one of the third cruise, and regardless of whatever significance you believe that carries, the system will still show you as "platinum" throughout the third leg of your B2B2B.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, UKstages said:

from the latitudes rewards FAQ:

"Rewards points are applied to your account after you return from your cruise. Points will be applied within 48 hours after you have completed a sailing."

on my previous cruise, it took about 3 weeks for my latitudes account to be updated on a recently completed cruise. the 48 hour tiimeframe can be incorrect

4 minutes ago, shof515 said:

the 48 hour tiimeframe can be incorrect

yes, indeed.

which is why the CN folks can verify on day one of a B2B or a B2B2B what your new tier status is and how many points you have and give you the appropriate benefits for nights previously sailed.

just reporting above what the FAQ says. the relevant portion here for this thread is that it says that points are awarded after you return from your cruise. the OP will not have returned from the third cruise on day one of the same cruise.

for people who elevate to a new tier on a back-to-back, when they approach the CN desk early on the first day of the next leg, their new status will almost never be updated yet in the system. in most cases, it will be only an hour or two after the previous leg has been completed and resolved.

3 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Go back and look at post #12 where I pointed out the exact same thing you just pointed out.

Then scroll down one post to #13, which shows there was still confusion over this.

So...it was NOT clear to some posters. 

This was also pointed out by @UKstagesin post #28. Not clear at all.

Man, this dead horse has been resurrected enough. 

Edited by schmoopie17

7 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

Go back and look at post #12 where I pointed out the exact same thing you just pointed out.

Then scroll down one post to #13, which shows there was still confusion over this.

So...it was NOT clear to some posters. 

This was also pointed out by @UKstagesin post #28. Not clear at all.

Man, this dead horse has been resurrected enough. 

You and your dead horses. How big is your stable? 

My Experience

On a b2b2b all booked individually with separate reservation numbers I completed over 150 during middle cruise. When i went to customer service to get new card at end of cruise 2 I asked about change of status. They directed me to Cruise next, CruiseNext  told me to return on the first day of the third cruise. They could and did update my status. I had to go back to customer service to get a new room card with the updated status. 

Edited by herbanrenewal

10 hours ago, herbanrenewal said:

My Experience

On a b2b2b all booked individually with separate reservation numbers I completed over 150 during middle cruise. When i went to customer service to get new card at end of cruise 2 I asked about change of status. They directed me to Cruise next, CruiseNext  told me to return on the first day of the third cruise. They could and did update my status. I had to go back to customer service to get a new room card with the updated status. 

Exactly the same for me they changed my status to Sapphire on the first day of the second B2B even if my NCL account was still showing platinum. My status changed on MYNCL account only a few days later.

On 12/16/2023 at 10:35 AM, ready2cruzagain said:
On 12/16/2023 at 10:23 AM, reveur15 said:

For the dinner your DH will not be eligible...unless they make an exception, but i doubt it.

Thank you! This is exactly what I wanted to know!!!

You wanted to know your DH is not eligible?? 🙂 

19 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Not really. Saying you will have 150 pts on day 1 of your cruise doesn't mean you didn't reach 150 on the previous cruise, which was why clarification was necessary.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, julig22 said:

Not really. Saying you will have 150 pts on day 1 of your cruise doesn't mean you didn't reach 150 on the previous cruise, which was why clarification was necessary.

Exactly! That's how I (wrongly) understodd it. Because to actually HAVE 150 pts in the BEGINNING of a cruise, you need to reach it BEFORE that cruise. So that's what I thought you had done.

On 12/20/2023 at 10:28 AM, herbanrenewal said:

My Experience

Apples and oranges (and dead horses). You COMPLETED 150 days on your middle cruise. The OP said he didn't hit 150 until during the third cruise. In which case, he didn't satisfy the requirement of having to complete the cruise where you reach the new level until after that cruise is completed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think the point here is that the OP is using days cruised as a measurement, this is incorrect. Each cruise garners a number of points, based on number of days and a number of other factors such as whether you are in a Haven Suite etc. At the end of the cruise you are awarded the points for that cruise. So the question is not when you achieved 150 days but did you have 150 points after the second portion of the cruise, if you didn't then you won't become Sapphire until after the cruise were you are awarded enough points to take you over 150.

Example. My wife and I achieved Sapphire status after our last cruise. We had amassed 137 points each from our previous cruises, on our cruise docs our status was indicated as Platinum, we embarked on a 10 day cruise but we received 20 points each at the end of the cruise because we'd booked the cruise as an insider offer. We were awarded the 20 points a day after our cruise had ended and we were then officially Sapphire. 

My point being status is based on points, these points are only credited at the end of a cruise. If you hadn't been awarded 150 points BEFORE the third part of your trip then you were still Platinum.

I would also add that the additional benefits of being Sapphire over Platinum are minimal so you must really want that dinner with the officers pretty bad to raise this as an issue.

• Like 3