Do Elites get additional minutes of premium wifi on the 2nd leg of a b2b?

Beba-Beba

On one of my roll calls someone posted that they believe a new recent improved perk for Elites is if you are doing a B2B the second cruise Free 90 minute Premium Wifi perk is increased to 120 minutes.  Is that accurate?  I do not see it listed on the Captain's Club tier benefits or anywhere else either.  It would be lovely if true.

45 minutes ago, Beba-Beba said:

On one of my roll calls someone posted that they believe a new recent improved perk for Elites is if you are doing a B2B the second cruise Free 90 minute Premium Wifi perk is increased to 120 minutes.  Is that accurate?  I do not see it listed on the Captain's Club tier benefits or anywhere else either.  It would be lovely if true.

Since B2B cruises are two different cruises, no. You get your 90 minutes of Elite internet for each leg. Minutes or anything else doesn't  carry over from the first leg to the second leg either. 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1

Everyone doing a B2B gets 30 free minutes of wifi to do their survey.   They will give you a code and once you activate it you have to use it.  I think you have to do it within 2 days. 

I don’t know if it can only be used for the survey.   We always had wifi so it wasn’t needed and not an issue for us. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beba-Beba said:

Hi Mary…it’s Lola from Equinox.  I just returned from Apex…what a great trip.

Glad to hear from you.

Happy Holidays 

Susan aka Lola 😎

• Like 1

5 hours ago, doghog said:

Since B2B cruises are two different cruises, no. You get your 90 minutes of Elite internet for each leg. Minutes or anything else doesn't  carry over from the first leg to the second leg either. 

This is correct just like unused OBC doesn't carry over from one cruise to the other. If you do not see it on the CC benefits page from Celebrity it is most likely not true. 

Edited by terrydtx

They didn’t carry any minutes over but at one time Celebrity definitely awarded back to back cruisers 30 minutes of Internet on the 2nd cruise in order to do the survey. I got it many years ago (maybe 10?) before I ever had an Internet package.

it didn’t have anything to do with being Elite, and I understand that they stopped doing it because there was some concern that it would appear that they were trying to bribe people to give good marks on the survey.

We are both Elite and were on the Equinox 21st and 30th November cruises.  My wife and I did not complete any survey and were given an additional 30 Minutes on top of the 90 minutes as Captains club perk for the second cruise without asking.  It was a surprise and were told it was introduced a month ago.

• Like 1

We frequently do B2Bs and it is correct that each cruise is treated as an individual cruise. Just as you are billed in full for all charges at the end of each cruise, perks, OBC are closed and zeroed out at the end of each cruise. And the next cruise gets their own applicable perks and OBC and you run a brand new credit card tab for expenses. 

On 12/18/2023 at 4:25 PM, cruisestitch said:

They didn’t carry any minutes over but at one time Celebrity definitely awarded back to back cruisers 30 minutes of Internet on the 2nd cruise in order to do the survey. I got it many years ago (maybe 10?) before I ever had an Internet package.

it didn’t have anything to do with being Elite, and I understand that they stopped doing it because there was some concern that it would appear that they were trying to bribe people to give good marks on the survey.

10 years 😱

, it would have taken at least 90 mins to download and send the survey because the service was so slow 🤣

4 minutes ago, doghog said:

But it's not a CC perk/benefit for being Elite or higher. The 30 minutes is given to anyone, not matter their CC tier level doing a B2B cruise. Not what you asked. 

Read post #8.  They did not do the survey.

1 minute ago, Beba-Beba said:

Read post #8.  They did not do the survey.

You don't have to do the survey. Celebrity gives the B2Bers the 30 minutes with the expectation that they will do the survey.  BTW in my experiences, the 30 minutes is way more time than needed to do the survey.