CELEBRITY SILHOUETTE - Pics from the October transatlantic crossing

eroller

I finally got around to organizing and uploading my pictures from the October 22, 2023 crossing of CELEBRITY SILHOUETTE.  This was a 10-day crossing from Southampton England to Fort Lauderdale.  Stops included Bermuda and Nassau.  The Azores was skipped due to our late departure from Southampton because of weather.  We experienced it all on this cruise weather-wise ... rain, sun, cold, warm, smooth seas, rough seas.  We even had a rescue mid-Atlantic and had to turn around to locate a raft.  We located it (in the dark even) but it was empty.  Overall a very enjoyable cruise.  My only complaint was the dining room menu was dumb downed but I think that has already been addressed.  Food quality was ok but not like past Celebrity Cruises.  Regardless we didn't starve!  Overall I feel Celebrity still offers a great product for the $$ and they will continue to be my go-to line.  The Edge Class ships are my favorite, followed by the M-Class then the Solstice Class but I enjoy them all. 

There are 339 pics in the album, most of the ship.  I tried to capture all the public spaces.  I photographed my cabin as well, plus all the daily programs which are at the end of the album.  If you're wondering what a certain picture is, just pass your cursor over the picture for a description.  They are all labeled.  

For those sailing on SILHOUETTE I think the ship looked great.  Very fresh and in excellent condition.  Great crew and entertainment.  Personally I feel she is the best of the Solstice Class ships. 

Enjoy the pics.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/eroller/albums/72177720313546064 

• Thanks 3

Thank you for sharing your wonderful picture album! You must have been up very early (or late) to get so many fabulous pictures of the venues without people in them. Now, thanks to you, I know what the inside of the gym looks like.

We are sailing on the Silhouette in the spring and I appreciate you giving us such a great pre-view.

On 12/21/2023 at 8:03 AM, Cruise a holic said:

Cannot wait for our cruise in less then two weeks.  We will be on the Silhouette, one of our favorite Celebrity ships. We will be in a sky suite.

Thanks for sharing.

Sounds wonderful!  Enjoy. 

• Like 1

On 12/21/2023 at 10:38 AM, Frenchkona said:

Great pictures.  Heading to the British Isles next June on the Sillouette. Can’t wait. You should be a tour guide. You showed everything. 

Thank you.  Very kind of you. 

5 hours ago, cruisegirlppp said:

Thank you for sharing your wonderful picture album! You must have been up very early (or late) to get so many fabulous pictures of the venues without people in them. Now, thanks to you, I know what the inside of the gym looks like.

We are sailing on the Silhouette in the spring and I appreciate you giving us such a great pre-view.

My strategy for pics is usually around 11am on a port day.  Most people are off the ship by then, and the dining venues are set up for service but it's between meal times. 

The gym on SILHOUETTE is awesome.  In fact I think the best on any ship I've sailed.  It's so spacious, fantastic views, lots of great equipment well spaced, and there is even an outdoor deck just forward of it for fresh air.  I really enjoyed my daily visits.  Made working out much more tolerable!  LOL 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tschwa2 said:

Where did you stay in London and what type of transport did you do to Southampton.  We are booked on Apex next October and trying to lay the groundwork and some suggestions would be helpful.

I always stay at Bailey’s.  Great location, beautiful property, and reasonable.  I’ve sailed out of Southampton 20+ times mostly on QM2, and 90% of the time I take the train from Waterloo to Southampton. Usually the 10:30am.  Get to Southampton just before noon and grab an Uber or taxi from the train station to the ship terminal.  Also goes like clockwork.  

A nice thing about staying at Bailey’s is you can take the tube from Heathrow directly to the hotel.  Piccadilly line and get off at Gloucester Road. Super easy. The hotel is literally across the street from the tube station.  Great little neighborhood (French section of London) with a Tesco and Waitrose right there in case you forgot anything.  Easy walk to Harrods and Kensington Gardens.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JoePDX said:

Great photos.  Thank you for sharing.

Husband and I will be on Silhouette in April for the eastbound transatlantic.  

Joe

You’re welcome Joe.  Enjoy that eastbound crossing.  

• Like 1

On 12/22/2023 at 5:11 PM, eroller said:

Heading to the British Isles next June on the Sillouette. Can’t wait. You should be a tour guide.

Is that from Amsterdam?
Does it go back into Amsterdam or Rotterdam?
Biggest mistake for us is that they have taken Silhouette away from Southampton and that the cruise doesn’t return to the same port.🙈