Dress Code on Oceania

stephimar47

Please page down a page to bottom of page 2 and you’ll find answers and reading galore on your questions. Thread titled “ what do people really wear on Vista.

No need for another thread on this inflammatory subject. Last post 12/13.

Edited by pinotlover
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

Please page down a page to bottom of page 2 and you’ll find answers and reading galore on your questions. Thread titled “ what do people really wear on Vista.

No need for another thread on this inflammatory subject. Last post 12/13.

Pinot, all you have to tell the women is Chicos..and you are perfectly dressed

Jancruz1

• Like 1

Go to Youtube & watch videos on Oceania. It's pretty much nice shirts/slacks. You'll see a fair amount of sport coats but few ties. Usually pax kick it up a bit for the specialties. Most often Jacques/La Reserve. Again really very little more than that.. Shorts are not allowed in the rest. at night with the exception of Terrace.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, clo said:

Not by my taste! I did a quick glance to see if they'd changed. Nope. Too frou-frou for me. I'm with @pinotlover

80+ posts on dress codes just ending in the last week. The OP can gain all the insights needed by reading through them in the reference thread.Nuff said on the issue . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pinotlover said:

80+ posts on dress codes just ending in the last week. The OP can gain all the insights needed by reading through them in the reference thread.Nuff said on the issue . 

I know. I know 🙂 I just wanted to guide them away from Chicos. And that is a great thread. I think I mentioned that I wish they would put it at the top of the O page.

We were on Vista last week, our 1st O cruise.  We found people mostly dressed "country club casual" in the evenings.  Having said that we also found people who dressed up more, even saw one couple in tux and gown.  All in all it was a wide mix of really casual to semi-formal (or formal in the case of the tux & gown couple).  So wear what you want. The only thing I saw enforced personally was one person who had to go back and get a shirt with a collar to enter MDR for dinner.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/22/2023 at 7:01 AM, Gracie115 said:

We were on Vista last week, our 1st O cruise.  We found people mostly dressed "country club casual" in the evenings.  Having said that we also found people who dressed up more, even saw one couple in tux and gown.  All in all it was a wide mix of really casual to semi-formal (or formal in the case of the tux & gown couple).  So wear what you want. The only thing I saw enforced personally was one person who had to go back and get a shirt with a collar to enter MDR for dinner.  

I know everyone is tired of this topic but this next March 2024 we go on our first Oceania cruise and we know we have to pack carefully so--- of the specialty restaurants, which is the fanciest and do men have to wear any or all of : longsleeved shirt with Collar (I think that is a yes), Jacket, Tie? We know not to wear shorts. We don't have jeans in the suitcase.  And, I assume it is ok for women to wear long pants as opposed to dresses. Yes? We own old folks shoes so hopefully that is ok (no Italian Leather or heels ) Appreciate the help. You  old timers don't have to read the answer! 🙂

4 minutes ago, Sirlancelot said:

I know everyone is tired of this topic but this next March 2024 we go on our first Oceania cruise and we know we have to pack carefully so--- of the specialty restaurants, which is the fanciest and do men have to wear any or all of : longsleeved shirt with Collar (I think that is a yes), Jacket, Tie? We know not to wear shorts. We don't have jeans in the suitcase.  And, I assume it is ok for women to wear long pants as opposed to dresses. Yes? We own old folks shoes so hopefully that is ok (no Italian Leather or heels ) Appreciate the help. You  old timers don't have to read the answer! 🙂

Some will wear jacket  some will wear a tie  Some will wear  long sleeved shirts  some SS sleeved shirts with a collar

Wear what you prefer

DH does not take a Jacket  any more  yes he wears old men shoes in Black  so they do not stand out so much

No dresses for me   but other ladies may prefer them

no heels for me  bus some do

Heels on a moving ship  can be hazardous 😉

Enjoy  the cruise

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Sirlancelot said:

I know everyone is tired of this topic but this next March 2024 we go on our first Oceania cruise and we know we have to pack carefully so--- of the specialty restaurants, which is the fanciest and do men have to wear any or all of : longs-leeved shirt with Collar (I think that is a yes), Jacket, Tie? We know not to wear shorts. We don't have jeans in the suitcase.  And, I assume it is ok for women to wear long pants as opposed to dresses. Yes? We own old folks shoes so hopefully that is ok (no Italian Leather or heels ) Appreciate the help. You  old timers don't have to read the answer! 🙂

Same dress for all specialties and the GDR:  country club causal. Neither ties nor jackets are required.  Some folks wear them, but not the majority.  Collared shirt is required, but it can be either long-sleeved or short-sleeved. Any reasonable shoe is OK, just not flip-flops.  Dress sandals are OK.  Women can wear either long pants or dresses.  No shorts.

Do a search for "dress code" and you will find many threads that may provide you with more information.

Edited by 1985rz1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sirlancelot said:

I know everyone is tired of this topic/so--- of the specialty restaurants, which is the fanciest/do men have to wear any or all of : longsleeved shirt with Collar (I think that is a yes), Jacket, Tie? We know not to wear shorts. We don't have jeans in the suitcase. ...

(1) Yes, oh so tired of it. (2) Jacques is the "fanciest". (3) Men do NOT have to wear long-sleeved shirts, jacket or tie. (4) I wear nicer shorts to TC in the evening and throughout the day. (5) I'll only wear jeans on excursions that require pants (e.g., churches & mosques in Istanbul).

For me, after 40 nights on Riviera & Sirena going back to 12/2021, I wear a collared shirt, pants (not jeans), belt, shoes & socks to the Specialty restaurants.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Sirlancelot said:

... this next March 2024 we go on our first Oceania cruise 

We've NEVER eaten at the GDR on any of our 40 nights since 12/2021. The food is too nice in the TC, I can wear shorts, t-shirt, baseball cap, and eat within a reasonable time (at my pace). Hear the service is slow at the GDR. Do keep in mind your meals in the specialty restaurants can run 90-120 minutes.

STUDY your nightly CURRENTS very carefully, in fine detail, to know exactly what will happen the next day. Tells you when, where and what for anything and everything that next day! Read it. Nightly.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, clo said:

Can I assume that you remove the hat when you're seated at the table?

We have only eaten outside in the TC. If the sun is out, we have on baseball hats. If we ate indoors, we would probably take them off. Depending if we had "hat hair". 🙂

• Haha 2

On 12/21/2023 at 2:42 PM, Jancruz said:

Pinot, all you have to tell the women is Chicos..and you are perfectly dressed

Jancruz1

Jancruz1, 

I am all Chicos, all the time! LOL!

Since retiring from teaching, to keep my sanity btwn cruises I work at the Chicos outlet store. I spend every penny I earn at the store; my motto is, “will work for clothes!” (Actually, I have a blast and get paid to help women spend money!)

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, SATaxman said:

We have only eaten outside in the TC. If the sun is out, we have on baseball hats. If we ate indoors, we would probably take them off. Depending if we had "hat hair". 🙂

And that's us as well. EATING in the TC outside. When it's sunny, wearing a hat. It at night or if I'm indoors, not likely.

On Riviera in November 2023, I'm in the farthest aft table on the starboard side. I set a plate down and went back to get something. I hear laughter and see pointing toward my table. I turn around. A seagull is on the table eating my food! Used my hat to "shoo" it away.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

And that's us as well. EATING in the TC outside. When it's sunny, wearing a hat. It at night or if I'm indoors, not likely.

On Riviera in November 2023, I'm in the farthest aft table on the starboard side. I set a plate down and went back to get something. I hear laughter and see pointing toward my table. I turn around. A seagull is on the table eating my food! Used my hat to "shoo" it away.

That also happened to us at our hotel in Rome after our cruise. I have photos and videos of several big birds eating items off of several tables.