Quiet indoor places at night

Monica887

Sitting here dreaming of my next cruise, even though it's not until summer.

My last cruise was Haven and this one won't be. My favorite thing was to sit at the indoor Haven pool at night. It was quiet and mostly empty, and I could bring a book and snacks and sit in peace. 

Is there a particular lounge or other indoor space that it mostly empty and QUIET at night, specifically on the Encore? I'm considering a Vibe pass but that doesn't help me at night, and I'm considering the Spa but I don't know how much I would use it. 

• Like 1

i really dont mean to sound facetious, but after over 25 cruises with ncl, some as short as 7 days, some as long as 19, i found the very best place for both comfort and quiet is our very own balcony. sometimes when i cant sleep, i go out  in the middle of the night and just watch the water go by.

i quote dorothy "there's no place like home" in this case, the cabin balcony. 

or if you're on the encore, see if they have an observation lounge, and if so, how late is it open. 

• Like 3

Observation Lounge on Encore will be your go to spot. Even if they have some entertainment or event I’m pretty sure you can find a spot that is far enough away. The lounge is huge. 

I believe Vibe is open till 10 but if it’s only night time solitude you desire I think vibe would be a waste. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, complawyer said:

i really dont mean to sound facetious, but after over 25 cruises with ncl, some as short as 7 days, some as long as 19, i found the very best place for both comfort and quiet is our very own balcony. sometimes when i cant sleep, i go out  in the middle of the night and just watch the water go by.

i quote dorothy "there's no place like home" in this case, the cabin balcony. 

or if you're on the encore, see if they have an observation lounge, and if so, how late is it open. 

Sometimes I need to escape the family too!

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

Observation Lounge on Encore will be your go to spot. Even if they have some entertainment or event I’m pretty sure you can find a spot that is far enough away. The lounge is huge. 

I believe Vibe is open till 10 but if it’s only night time solitude you desire I think vibe would be a waste. 

If there's no entertainment or event it would work. It definitely quiet I'm looking for...

1 hour ago, Monica887 said:

Sitting here dreaming of my next cruise, even though it's not until summer.

My last cruise was Haven and this one won't be. My favorite thing was to sit at the indoor Haven pool at night. It was quiet and mostly empty, and I could bring a book and snacks and sit in peace. 

Is there a particular lounge or other indoor space that it mostly empty and QUIET at night, specifically on the Encore? I'm considering a Vibe pass but that doesn't help me at night, and I'm considering the Spa but I don't know how much I would use it. 

The Library Deck 6 mid-ship behind the big video wall. I have not been in there when a show is going the atrium and there may be noise bleed. 

The Observation Lounge Deck 15 forward. There is piano music in the very front of the lounge. Depending on the cruise, kids sometimes hang out there, but if you sitting there, they will avoid you. 

The Waterfront can be a quiet area on the Encore in the evenings if you sit away from the restaurants and bars. A few walkers going by but we find sitting out there having quiet conversations with the sound of the waves very relaxing. My last few cruises have had what appear to be families in the Library and Game rooms playing games and there is noise bleed from the Atrium. I would also suggest the Observation Lounge on the starboard side, away from the bar and music, if you want to be inside.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, hallux said:

@chewsifer1220 the Breakaway doesn't have the observation lounge.  You'll want to find the library if you need indoors.  The Waterfront on deck 8 would otherwise be a good spot...

Good to know! Thanks! I have heard that the Library can get crowded. The Waterfront intrigues me. It seems like a very under utilized place considering the amount of passengers on the ship. No I'm not complaining 🤣 And my stateroom is already on deck 8 so that will make it a shorter walk for me