TxTeach79's Ringing in '24 LIVE - Celebration NYE!

TxTeach79

3 hours ago, xkritter said:

I did the pasta class on Mardi Gras with my son and we both loved it.  I came home and bought a manual pasta roller and we still use the recipe and make the noodles and sauce when he is home from college.

Yep did it in April on Celebration and it was 10:00am and I ate my bowl of pasta. So good! I make the sauce all the time and only make homemade pasta.  My DH did the  BQ and it was ok.  They ate at P&A after.

We did Rudi’s and was not impressed so that will be a no for now on.

• Like 1

So I posted this elsewhere, but thought it was worth sharing here…. Found these at my folks’ house on Christmas; the old prints they’d hand out on in the MDR on the last night! This one from my very first cruise ever on Celebration. I always thought these were so cool. 

IMG_2520.thumb.jpeg.c99b60a3f9d7d0b2cc39befb0f82fe6d.jpeg

IMG_2521.thumb.jpeg.27aee8a9a4330f8d904c8c7032c36d19.jpeg

• Like 19

1 hour ago, TxTeach79 said:

it’s really great. And the Excel class ships have way more tables available than Vista class, plus you can always do it for lunch if you’d rather (but that would put me out for the whole afternoon into the evening). Helps if you have a fun table and chef. Or, like on the Horizon, when we had a picky couple at our table and they basically used us as their personal dumpster for all the “fancy” stuff they didn’t like (almost everything). They may not have smiled once the whole meal, but I sure did. #doubledinner

It's a lot of fun especially if you hit it off with your table mates. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, rwest898 said:

It's a lot of fun especially if you hit it off with your table mates. 

Agree! Chef's Table is the same way! We met a nice solo traveler (who may or may not have gotten left behind at a later port) and the nicest couple from Florida who owned a Michelin rated Szechuan restaurant on the Pride. With CT, you really have a lot of time to chat and experience the whole thing.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Stallion said:

Who is the Sick Chicken in Countdown Pic?

fantastic question! 😂 My countdown pictures have been a series of “selfies” of the UNT mascot, Scrappy. I change it every cruise. THIS one, however, is his haggard and dead eyed predecessor Eppy, from the 30’s. The costume still exists! 

IMG_2618.thumb.jpeg.3ed9514872cab57acbd6c08326ea0f8f.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

2 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

fantastic question! 😂 My countdown pictures have been a series of “selfies” of the UNT mascot, Scrappy. I change it every cruise. THIS one, however, is his haggard and dead eyed predecessor Eppy, from the 30’s. The costume still exists! 

I like the 1942 North Texas Mascot betterimage.png.8b3a7c519f200ad198ef4623aa08147e.png

Edited by Stallion
  • Haha 6

34 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Sometimes ya just gotta ask yourself WWRDS...what would Rodney Dangerfield say?

What is this, the night of the living dead?  Whew, no wonder Tigers eat their young!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

Agree! Chef's Table is the same way! We met a nice solo traveler (who may or may not have gotten left behind at a later port) and the nicest couple from Florida who owned a Michelin rated Szechuan restaurant on the Pride. With CT, you really have a lot of time to chat and experience the whole thing.

PS I knew exactly who the "Sick Chicken" was-I was just relishing giving Tx Teach  the opportunity to explain to all of you who the Sick Chicken in his Countdown Pic was

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, BohJang said:

I've never done Teppanyaki.  Hoping to try it in January.

It's yummy, not as great as some of the high-end Teppanyaki restaurants if you've been to any, but really good food and great value IMO.  And fun!

Edited by IntrepidFromDC
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

So I posted this elsewhere, but thought it was worth sharing here…. Found these at my folks’ house on Christmas; the old prints they’d hand out on in the MDR on the last night! This one from my very first cruise ever on Celebration. I always thought these were so cool. 

IMG_2520.thumb.jpeg.c99b60a3f9d7d0b2cc39befb0f82fe6d.jpeg

IMG_2521.thumb.jpeg.27aee8a9a4330f8d904c8c7032c36d19.jpeg

Aloha.  They are beautiful memories. My wife is not a fan of Carnival so my brother in law and I would sail for a well deserved holiday and I always enjoyed the time with him and yes…I liked the food too! Thank you for sharing 

• Like 2

Hertz confirmation reminder arrived. Picking up at FLL on Saturday, dropping off at MIA on Sunday. 

IMG_2634.thumb.png.febaba5eb85838d8cedfe6c4fef4fc0d.png

IMG_2635.thumb.jpeg.99b61b01c998c8722a04641b3d6d7dce.jpeg

Spent about $20 more to not do the “manager’s special EV” option just because I didn’t want to mess with finding a place to charge it before I turned it in. There didn’t seem to be a super convenient option nearby. 🤷🏻‍♂️ This’ll do!

IMG_2636.thumb.png.eddd5f25d074fb533785cafb18bfc2f3.png

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

All checked in with Hertz. Next step will be the 6:20a alarm to check in with Southwest in the morning. 

IMG_2640.thumb.jpeg.0a8626df068c5dcd336e9219f471df4b.jpeg

IMG_2641.thumb.jpeg.1434ac352d058a81ac2ec799ef6715ed.jpeg

Ughhhh few months ago on Southwest we got to witness about 20 people in wheelchairs needing special assistance get to board first. They held up the boarding line and people were pissed because the gate people were letting ALL their family members board with them. And of course they were all able to walk off the plane without wheelchair assist. Southwest really needs to address this issue.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LatinaInTexas said:

Ughhhh few months ago on Southwest we got to witness about 20 people in wheelchairs needing special assistance get to board first. They held up the boarding line and people were pissed because the gate people were letting ALL their family members board with them. And of course they were all able to walk off the plane without wheelchair assist. Southwest really needs to address this issue.

its the “family boarding” between A and B group that always gets me. There’s like one fourteen year old with a group of eight adults walking on while I’m standing there at B14 looking on barren and helplessly…. It REALLY gets you on those MCO flights, if ya catch my drift 

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

14 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

its the “family boarding” between A and B group that always gets me. There’s like one fourteen year old with a group of eight adults walking on while I’m standing there at B14 looking on barren and helplessly…. It REALLY gets you on those MCO flights, if ya catch my drift 

OMG! Yes! I’ve seen them let grown A women on with their parents as family boarding. Like, really?! 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Our Wyoming friends from the Pride are at the Denver airport en route to South Florida as we speak! Jealous they’re getting that day head start…. #soon

You are sooo close - YAY for vacay!!

Safe travels.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Hooray!!! 🎉🍾🛳️ I’ll be on this cruise as well, but with my husband and 2 young kids, so I’m excited to live vicariously through all your relaxation and delicious adult beverages that I won’t be having! 🤣 Still going to be a blast though!! We were on Celebration back in September and we loved her! Very excited to be back aboard and ring in 2024 on her! Hope you guys have an amazing time!! T-minus 3 days… 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, CatieM80 said:

Hooray!!! 🎉🍾🛳️ I’ll be on this cruise as well, but with my husband and 2 young kids, so I’m excited to live vicariously through all your relaxation and delicious adult beverages that I won’t be having! 🤣 Still going to be a blast though!! We were on Celebration back in September and we loved her! Very excited to be back aboard and ring in 2024 on her! Hope you guys have an amazing time!! T-minus 3 days… 

awesome! Y’all have a blast! Safe travels and Happy New Year in advance!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LatinaInTexas said:

We see this all the time on Jetblue when we fly to FLL from NY.    A lineup of wheelchairs to board, and when we land they "run" off the plane with no wheelchairs waiting for them.  We call this the Jetblue Miracle!😀

• Haha 21