Westerdam Fixed Early Dining Seating Chart?

SightCRR

16 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

Here is a PDF from HalFacts. I don't remember which level was fixed; hopefully someone comes along who does. @Crew News?

https://halfacts.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/WEDM.pdf

It is my experience that fixed dining is Deck 3 Main Dining Room on all HAL ships.

Edited by Crew News
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Crew News said:

It is my experience that fixed dining is Deck 3 Main Dining Room on all HAL ships.

No, not ALL the current HAL ships.

The dining room on the Volendam and Zaandam are on Upper Promenade (Deck 5) for fixed dining, and on Promenade (Deck 4, from the aft elevators/staircase only) for open seating. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yep, we were on the Westerdam in October and we had fixed sitting.  We were on the "upper level", deck 3/Promenade  of the MDR.  

If you are looking for a table for two, I highly recommend the tables along the railing. Great views of the lower level and no nosy neighbors.

Enjoy the Westerdam.....we did!

• Like 1

Unfortunately there are numerous versions of MDR maps around. The last couple of cruises, the maps I have used to determine desirable seating locations have never had the correct table numbers. The tables usually don't move, but the numbers seem to change frequently. Makes table picking a bit more complicated.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Unfortunately there are numerous versions of MDR maps around. The last couple of cruises, the maps I have used to determine desirable seating locations have never had the correct table numbers. The tables usually don't move, but the numbers seem to change frequently. Makes table picking a bit more complicated.

Yes, I should have mentioned that the HalFacts' maps were from 2014 and may have (likely?) changed.

57 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

Yes, I should have mentioned that the HalFacts' maps were from 2014 and may have (likely?) changed.

They really don't change the layouts often. Also, some of the files are clearly newer because there are 3 ships that weren't around in 2014.

A hard and fast rule is that fixed dining is in the upper level of the MDR and open seating is in the lower.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, POA1 said:

A hard and fast rule is that fixed dining is in the upper level of the MDR and open seating is in the lower.

This is generally true, but if there is high demand for one, or the other form of dining,  they can assign the overflow demand to the other floor of the MDR.

• Like 1

On the Westerdam in October and we were seated once on the upper level which is (usually) for fixed dining.

I think this was on an extremely late stay so they decided to send some people upstairs to keep all the waiters busy!
We didn’t like it at all, we were seated at a table for six, just the two of us, right in a corner and we found it much noisier than the lower level.

Rosalyn 

5 hours ago, cruiseaholic78 said:

I just saw the title was just looking for a plan not looking for tips, maybe you will change your mind to anytime dining.

Interesting on your experience - JME but I have always found anytime dining much noisier than fixed.  We had fixed on the Westerdam but were seated in the lower level one cruise and it was MUCH noisier.  

11 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Not really picking on you, but I constantly see people mentioning that things on Halfacts are old. Have you considered asking for a new map if you think the one that is posted is wrong, then submitting it? Have you send in cabin pictures? If more people did this the site would be more up to date.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, richwmn said:

Not really picking on you, but I constantly see people mentioning that things on Halfacts are old. Have you considered asking for a new map if you think the one that is posted is wrong, then submitting it? Have you send in cabin pictures? 

I am unlikely to map the MDR, as the only time we have dined there at all regularly was when we had a family group (we were fixed on the open level on the Zaandam). But I do intend to submit photos of the K'dam from our next cruise -- lots of sea days to take them! Also a Cruise Critic review.

• Like 2

Thanks to all who added comments. Because of special diets and allergies we want the same servers each night so we don't have to explain everything when we order dinners the night before. Only late available now so plan to try to get early when we board.  

Here is the Westerdam MDR layout. Both levels. Current as of late September 2023.

It's a PDF so you should be able to zoom to your heart's content. Please stop complaining about HALfacts. They work hard. They charge nothing. And anyone who has been around here for a while knows they provide a valuable resource.

Don't make me have to use my outside voice.

Westerdam-MDR-Layout Layout.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, SightCRR said:

Thanks to all who added comments. Because of special diets and allergies we want the same servers each night so we don't have to explain everything when we order dinners the night before. Only late available now so plan to try to get early when we board.  

If you have fixed dining, you'll have the same servers. (Or am I missing something?)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

If you have fixed dining, you'll have the same servers. (Or am I missing something?)

Usually, unless one of your team is off or sick. I think that's happened once for us - since 1994.