New Princess App available

iamaqt2

25 minutes ago, travellingnana said:

I NEVER selected a shoreside payment on the old app. Downloaded the new app and it has my credit card info also under shoreside with the “complete” button highlighted. All green for everything. How do I unselect the shoreside credit card without screwing everything up??

In the old app , I made sure that Shoreside Approval wasn't checked and then de-selected my husband as an authorized CC user.  Went to the new app and we both now show blue lane (6/7 completed) as our payment section still requires a check mark in Shoreside Approval.  Will take care of credit card when on the ship.

Anyone having issues with packages not showing up properly on Android?  On our iPhones, my wife and I show the premier package for our upcoming cruise.  My kids are booked with the same package but on their Android phones, it’s only showing as them having the Plus package.  I’m sure it’s fine, but it’s just odd.

2 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I had really hoped that B2B issues might have been resolved with the new app. With 17 B2B cruises booked in the old app, they were grouped 9 cruises and 8 cruises. While I could book dining reservations for the 8 cruise group, I never could for the 9 cruise group. Then we cancelled the first of 9 cruise group and that broke things even further. It was partly out of frustration that I cancelled everything.  This is supposed to be fun!

I thought about cancelling the Grand Princess but figured my App would still be crazy.  Will just be in the slow lane when  checking in at Port Everglades and eventually board.🙃  Will try to have positive thoughts when it is getting close to boarding in Vancouver.

13 minutes ago, doghog said:

Try deselecting it and see what happens. If it removes you from the Green Lane, so be it. I'd rather have peace of mind in the Blue Lane then worry about it in the Green Lane. 

My only choice is to delete the card…which I think will delete it from the app entirely. I’m assuming that once I add it back in I’ll be back to where I started.

1 minute ago, travellingnana said:

My only choice is to delete the card…which I think will delete it from the app entirely. I’m assuming that once I add it back in I’ll be back to where I started.

I hadn't actually looked at this section, since I'd already completed it in the old app. I never agreed to ashore purchases in the old app, but in the new one it showed as agreed to. I deleted my card from the ashore purchases section. It stayed in the other part of ship-side purchases. Fine. That put me in blue lane, but oddly my hubby is still in green. I do all the stuff for our cruises, so I'd set him up as an authorized purchaser. No card info shows up in his section, just the indication that he's added to my card.  It'll be interesting to see if he stays in green.

4 minutes ago, travellingnana said:

Just a WAG but you would be deleting the CC info under the shoreside tab. So it shouldn't effect the shipboard account. 

Sailing next Sunday.  My old app has a QR code, and says I'm to proceed to the Green Lane.  

The new app still wants me to fill in the Shoreside credit card info.

I'm sticking with the old app until/unless they fix the new one. 

Easy enough.

• Like 1

@TravelingNana @Sea Hag @nazpaz why all this fuss about the Shoreline Transaction function? What am I missing? I can still use my cc instead of charging to my room, the shoreline stores NOT OWNED BY PRINCESS don't have my actual cc# until I present that card, and my card is as safe within both ship & shoreside tab as it would be only within ship tab. What am I missing?? 

I understand Princess wants me to charge to my room (which is why they want me to authorize shoreside transactions) so they get 10% (17% - 7% to me) but I control access to my card, not them

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, nazpaz said:

Sailing next Sunday.  My old app has a QR code, and says I'm to proceed to the Green Lane.  

The new app still wants me to fill in the Shoreside credit card info.

I'm sticking with the old app until/unless they fix the new one. 

Easy enough.

Post how your checkin went for you.  TIA

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

I hadn't actually looked at this section, since I'd already completed it in the old app. I never agreed to ashore purchases in the old app, but in the new one it showed as agreed to. I deleted my card from the ashore purchases section. It stayed in the other part of ship-side purchases. Fine. That put me in blue lane, but oddly my hubby is still in green. I do all the stuff for our cruises, so I'd set him up as an authorized purchaser. No card info shows up in his section, just the indication that he's added to my card.  It'll be interesting to see if he stays in green.

This is how we do it too. My card; husband is added to it. What I’ve now realized is that the card info shows up under shoreside, but it’s not selected…and won’t be until I select it and hit complete…which isn’t going to happen!

15 minutes ago, Ombud said:

@TravelingNana @Sea Hag @nazpaz why all this fuss about the Shoreline Transaction function? What am I missing? I can still use my cc instead of charging to my room, the shoreline stores NOT OWNED BY PRINCESS don't have my actual cc# until I present that card, and my card is as safe within both ship & shoreside tab as it would be only within ship tab. What am I missing?? 

I understand Princess wants me to charge to my room (which is why they want me to authorize shoreside transactions) so they get 10% (17% - 7% to me) but I control access to my card, not them

I just didn’t want my card stored by Radiqal Gaming

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Ombud said:

So you are willing to add your credit card information into the Shoreside transaction tab… to a company called Radiqal Gaming LLC?  Into their data base? …..even if you plan not to ever use it?   Are you okay with being forced to do that in order to get into the Green Lane or in order to submit your order for your Medallions to be shipped to you?

We should be able to opt out of the Shoreside CC requirement.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Ombud said:

The fuss is all about being forced to agree to storing the credit card with a third party. It should be optional. Since I never would use that facility, why should I be forced to set it up in order to get green lane? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Don't they have it anyway as I check out automatically with anything I owe going to my cc?

I'm not so sure they do. When I book other things through the app, it shows as Princess on my charge card statement. I know this is true, since I booked internet twice through the app for two different trips. If it went through the third party, wouldn't the charge show up as going through the third party?

11 minutes ago, San10s said:

So you are willing to add your credit card information into the Shoreside transaction tab… to a company called Radiqal Gaming LLC?  Into their data base? …..even if you plan not to ever use it?   Are you okay with being forced to do that in order to get into the Green Lane or in order to submit your order for your Medallions to be shipped to you?

We should be able to opt out of the Shoreside CC requirement.

They can call themselves "Dumb Squats from He!!" for all I care if I don't have to stand in that stupid line and either pay off the remainder of my onboard acct in cash or get back the unused cash deposit I made to stay out of the Princess auto-charge status. Not at all worried about some Princess affiliated company doing unauthorized charges as its easy enough to handle on land. And yes, when I requested/paid to have my medallion shipped they charged me

You do you, I'm green

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Ombud said:

They can call themselves "Dumb Squats from He!!" for all I care if I don't have to stand in that stupid line and either pay off the remainder of my onboard acct in cash or get back the unused cash deposit I made to stay out of the Princess auto-charge status. Not at all worried about some Princess affiliated company doing unauthorized charges as its easy enough to handle on land. And yes, when I requested/paid to have my medallion shipped they charged me

You do you, I'm green

Ha, ha, ha! See you in the Blue lane soon!  😜

24 minutes ago, Ombud said:

You do you, I'm green

@OmbudI think you are confusing your “shipboard account” with the “shoreside” purchases.  They are two different places to authorize your CC.  Shoreside is the one that is 3rd party and it is only used for shops OFF ship in port that have agreed to use the medallion when you purchase something.  In these cases you need to have your CC registered with Radiqal Gaming LLC.  

Edited by t&atravel
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

@OmbudI think you are confusing your “shipboard account” with the “shoreside” purchases.  They are two different places to authorize your CC.  Shoreside is the one that is 3rd party and it is only used for shops OFF ship in port that have agreed to use the medallion when you purchase something.  In these cases you need to have your CC registered with Radiqal Gaming LLC.  

The question is who is Radiqal Gaming LLC and how reliable are they. I realize they have agreement with PCL which means nothing to me. In order to resolve everyone concerns, all Princess has to do is to make it a “option” and not mandatory. However, Princess won’t because they will be violating (?) there agreement with this company. 
This issue with Radiqual Gaming is a year and half old and Princess still hasn,t  changed it yet and probably won’t. In the meantime, I’m leaving payment blank and register when I check in at Port. 
Refer to attached.

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 1

Just now, DHP1 said:

The question is who is Radiqal Gaming LLC and how reliable are they. I realize they have agreement with PCL which means nothing to me. In order to resolve everyone concerns, all Princess has to do is to make it a “option” and not mandatory. However, Princess won’t because they will be violating (?) there agreement with this company. 

And if Princess doesn't change the ridiculous requirement, I'll have no problem standing in the Blue Lane watching my wife in the Green Lane. If she boards the ship before me, she'll have a drink in her hand welcoming me aboard. 🍷😁 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, doghog said:

And if Princess doesn't change the ridiculous requirement, I'll have no problem standing in the Blue Lane watching my wife in the Green Lane. If she boards the ship before me, she'll have a drink in her hand welcoming me aboard. 🍷😁 

If I get blue lane, I’m standing in my elite lane as usual. 

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, doghog said:

All about options and choices. As long as we get on the ship...

So simply to change. Unbelievable. With all the computer systems to operate a ship, they can’t develop a perfect App. 

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 1