Tuscan Lunch/Dinner

57eric

I saw a recent menu for the Tuscan Lunch where the upcharge is $60 p.p.  I also read that the upcharge for the Tuscan Dinner was also $60, but this hardly seems likely.  Can anyone clarify?  Any additional info on these is welcome.

12 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I have never heard of a "Tuscan lunch" or dinner on Princess...are you on the right forum?

When the Royal began cruising in 2013 they had a Super Tuscan wine tasting with small Italian tastes with each wine ($60) at lunch. On other Royal-class ships that was available & also a ST dinner for slightly more. I have not seen either of them being offered post pandemic but others might have had it available.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

When the Royal began cruising in 2013 they had a Super Tuscan wine tasting with small Italian tastes with each wine ($60) at lunch. On other Royal-class ships that was available & also a ST dinner for slightly more. I have not seen either of them being offered post pandemic but others might have had it available.

We also went to the Super Tuscan dinner on the Royal earlier this year and some friends went last year, as well.  It was $45 pp, I believe.  I hadn’t heard they were serving it as a lunch but that would be welcomed as it was too much food to eat so late at night.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Yes!  It was a fabulous ending to a great event!

@AnyMajorCruiseDude Given what we have been seeing in the last few months, with increased pricing for chef's table and such... the lunch menu that we had in August, with full-sized courses and full glasses of wine was "super" for me.

Delightful venue, company, food and service. Best wishes to M for more super sailings in the new year!

• Like 1

We attended the Super Tuscan Dinner in 2019 on the Royal Princess.  It was held in the Sabatini's space, and it was outstanding,  It easily surpassed the Chef's Table event which we attended the previous night.  As you can see from the following menu, the wines were outstanding.

STDinner.thumb.jpg.6c8df4b53653ab7d834a88acfe4e3440.jpg

The price in 2019 was $60 pp.  I would be absolutely stunned if the current price was less than that--or, even, the same.  That being said, the OP references a "Tuscan Dinner" which may or may not be the same as a "Super Tuscan Wine Pairing Dinner."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, anon2k2 said:

Currently on board the Ruby Princess and will do the Super Tuscan lunch today. My recollection is that it is $99 per person with the wine pairing.

I will post a pic of the menu and plates later if it’s of interest.

My mistake— $125 per person. 

IMG_5137.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 12/27/2023 at 3:31 PM, Astro Flyer said:

Yes, I attended the Super Tuscan lunch.

Finished the lunch, it was very good. The final price turned out to be $99 plus gratuity. 

Here is the menu.

IMG_5151.thumb.jpeg.388abe9b32c56adc9cdcae330f7c6240.jpeg

The octopus carpaccio:

IMG_5139Copy.thumb.jpeg.7546c0bdef073bbf0b0428c3cf2c3fb0.jpeg

Antipasto:

IMG_5141.thumb.jpeg.638cbf2a3630e0c0f744e2e1d8c336c9.jpeg

Risotto (not mushroom, asparagus instead):

IMG_5142.thumb.jpeg.59f02ee8cd6d0d7bf5a594dd61a5acab.jpeg

Veal Ossobuco:

IMG_5146.thumb.jpeg.2eda00f54dcafe6208902d9ca88053ef.jpeg

Beef Tagliata:

IMG_5145.thumb.jpeg.8a7888bf7d13cef4e84aaf9c83628901.jpeg

Dessert:

IMG_5149.thumb.jpeg.36e8563f41b084ef4f5b5773bd170019.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, 57eric said:

Were any of these events bookable prior to boarding?

Ours was not. It was only mentioned on board as an “upsell” during a main dining room dinner.