Booking with HAL

pmjnh

1 minute ago, leerathje said:

Yes, a form will have to be filled out by your TA, and signed by you, and then once submitted by your TA, they will be able to manage your booking

L.

If I did this with a PCC vs online booking is that what would happen as well?

53 minutes ago, highland cruiser said:

Our TA is on our file when we do onboard bookings.  We are always asked if we want the booking to go to our TA.  It is done per our request automatically.  We only had to fill that form out the first time we used our TA.

Thanks, Mary. Yes, we have this in place as well..my question is regarding booking directly online or with a PCC. My regular TA is not available at this time. 

1 hour ago, highland cruiser said:

Our TA is on our file when we do onboard bookings.  We are always asked if we want the booking to go to our TA.  It is done per our request automatically.  We only had to fill that form out the first time we used our TA.

We weren't asked and they used a prior TA on a new booking and we didn't know until we got an email from the TA. Had to use the form to transfer from the old TA to new TA afterwards. I would think PCC would be treated the same to new TA as long as it's within the time frame and will probably lose and "amenities" that received with PCC. 

22 minutes ago, REOVA said:

I would think PCC would be treated the same to new TA as long as it's within the time frame and will probably lose and "amenities" that received with PCC. 

I have never transferred a reservation from my PCC to a TA! but, why would you think the promo would change -- it is attached to the booking -- the person doing this is doing so within something like 60 days and simply moving "ownership" of the booking, not re-faring.

I just reviewed the transfer form that @highland cruiser attached. It appears that you can only do the transfer before final payment. That eliminates my need as I would be within final payment date on the particular cruise I am looking at. 

Thank you all for your helpful responses!

2 hours ago, crystalspin said:

I have never transferred a reservation from my PCC to a TA! but, why would you think the promo would change -- it is attached to the booking -- the person doing this is doing so within something like 60 days and simply moving "ownership" of the booking, not re-faring.

I have.  It was a long and expensive trip and I wanted it set up properly.  I would get about 10% rebate if I transferred the booking.  The PCC said he would still get credit for the booking if I transferred the booking to a TA so I transferred it, but I miss the personal attention and ease of contacting my PCC.  

Nothing else changed, I got all that the HAL promo offered plus what the agency offered.  I’m not happy that I have to make final payment through the agency two weeks prior to HAL’s final payment date.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, pmjnh said:

Thanks, Mary. Yes, we have this in place as well..my question is regarding booking directly online or with a PCC. My regular TA is not available at this time. 

Got it.  When I reread your question I realized I hadn't answered correctly.  I hope  you got the answer you wanted.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, oaktreerb said:

I’m not happy that I have to make final payment through the agency two weeks prior to HAL’s final payment date.

I suggest you look for a new Travel Agent.  My agent pays for the cruise when I tell her to, not when they want to. 

~Nancy

• Like 1

I recently booked a cruise on the HAL website because my TA was off, and prior to that before Covid I would book online through HAL and then transfer to him anyway, no issues ever.

With this latest booking, I called in to add the bed configuration as somehow I didn’t do that or couldn’t, no matter. Anyway I spoke to a HAL rep when I got my confirmation and realized it was missing. All good. Preference noted on booking.

But the fun started when my TA sent HAL the form to transfer. The rep I had spoken to began phoning, emailing and leaving messages trying to retain the booking.

(Wanting to know what my TA was going to throw in as well so they could “see what they could do”) 

I finally had to call HAL and tell the first person who answered that the booking was to be released. What my arrangement with my TA is is none of their business. 

Transferring to my TA was never an issue in years past. I was not impressed. I’m not sure what their model is for paying their staff but I think something has changed…

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, shipmeoff! said:

Transferring to my TA was never an issue in years past. I was not impressed. I’m not sure what their model is for paying their staff but I think something has changed

Is this true?  I have transferred to my TA a couple of times with no issues.

~Nancy

I do all my bookings directly with HAL reservations and leave the booking with them.  Reason is because of what has been noted in some of the posts on this thread - TA’s and PCC’s are usually closed or otherwise not available when I want something done with my reservation.  TA’s in my area dont seem to offer any additional perks.   I maintain total control of my reservation and so far have never had a problem getting prompt service from the reservation staff when I need it.   If I need something done on a Saturday, I dont have to wait till Monday

• Like 1

Fortunately, my TA is responsive at all times she isn't sleeping!  She answers emails within an hour or less.

The PCC giving @shipmeoff! grief for transferring the booking to a TA really sounds like a rogue PCC and not the normal policy.  Let's hope anyway!  Sorry you have to deal with this unpleasant situation.

~Nancy

• Like 2