Adventure OTS - 'walking track'

bgoff60

For those that have been on the Adventure of the seas...How are they set up for those that like to walk? (Think Oasis class walking/running tracks)  

We cruise a lot on the Oasis class ships and realize that they are much bigger and built with differing needs in mind.  And, they all have pretty decent walking tracks.  

What options are on Adventure OTS?  

It's small compared to the Oasis class and on deck 12. It's about 8 times around for a mile. You can leave the track as you are headed aft past Adventure Ocean, go back by the dunes (golf area) then forward by Johnny Rockets. Doing that course it's about 3 1/2 times around for a mile.  However, it's really crowded during the day in that area and you will be dodging people. Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

You can add stairs to the mix by walking around outside decks 5 and 6 - rarely any crowds on non-port days/times. 

Which is really nice to walk on.  Can walk at pace and have no problems, and even get some stairs put in your step count.  We would always do our post meal mile there.

The only issue is that the front is occasionally closed off.  But then turn around and repeat that.  You will still get a lot farther a lap on the promenade than on the running track on the upper sun deck.

The actual draw back is that one side is for smoking.  But it's not really that bad.

Track on deck 12. Good for the morning or evening or anytime the pool area is not busy.

Deck 5 has a very wide promenade that's probably even better. Very few people there ever, plenty of room and all in the shade. Think you do have to to go up a deck in the bow area and then back down. 

I’m on Adventure now.  The “track” s small and difficult to use when many people are up and about through the day.  Easier to just walk all about the ship and set a time limit.  I love the Oasis ships for their track.  I wonder if they’re keeping this on Icon?

1 hour ago, Morecruisesplz said:

What ship? Definately runners on ships we have been sailing.

To the best of my knowledge - ALL RCI ships. The promenade deck (usually deck 4 or 5) is for walking only. There are signs that say that. There are staterooms under that deck I believe. Running is allowed on the upper deck above the pool but not on the promenade deck.

49 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

To the best of my knowledge - ALL RCI ships. The promenade deck (usually deck 4 or 5) is for walking only. There are signs that say that. There are staterooms under that deck I believe. Running is allowed on the upper deck above the pool but not on the promenade deck.

Except for oasis class ships. Deck 5 is the running track- easily the best one in the fleet. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1