Time from Cruise Completion to Showing in HAL Account?

POA1

On 1/9/2024 at 4:36 PM, SeaCapt said:

I emailed a query to HAL 2 days ago, and got this reply today:

Unfortunately, we experienced issues with the automated systems that process voyages for all December 2023 sailings. We are working to resolve this and expect all Cruise Histories to be updated by the end of the week. There is no further action required on this matter.

When my Koningsdam cruise ended on 12/16 nothing posted.  I called the Mariner Society # and only got a message to call back later.  I emailed a PDF of my final statement from the navigator app and a copy of my itinerary.  I received the above email, and the next day an apology from HAL.  2 days later all the info posted to my account and they also sent me a pdf of my cruise history with total sea days, which I appreciated! 

The mariner points didn't matter, but I am close to a medallion milestone(500) and wanted to be sure the sea days were counted.  Thank you for the info, HAL🙂!

• Like 1

We're still waiting on our 12/10 - 12/17/2023 cruise to post. We're in the no-man's land between 4* and 5*, but I'd still like to see our status updated.

2 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Disembarked K'dam Jan 6; yesterday was the first time I've checked to see if it had posted - it has.

Both NS cruises from the Dec 10 and prior cruises are also posted.

Still waiting on ours to post. We disembarked on Nov 25. Looks like I need to send another email.

32 minutes ago, colbe said:

Still waiting on ours to post. We disembarked on Nov 25. Looks like I need to send another email.

Sorry that this has happened to you.  I would definitely send another email to mariner_society@hollandamerica.com. I did send documentation in my email....It was suggested to send copy of boarding pass, but that was long gone.  Fortunately the navigator app had my statement, which I think helped.  I also sent our mariner# in the email and was polite in my request as to the delay.

Hopefully something will post for you!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, POA1 said:

We're still waiting on our 12/10 - 12/17/2023 cruise to post. We're in the no-man's land between 4* and 5*, but I'd still like to see our status updated.

Mine still hasn't posted either (Rotti 12/3-12/15), and I'm in the same position - stuck between star levels until it posts. I've also received the same lip service from the mariner society that things will be sorted out by "the end of the week" or by "Jan. 8" that others are posting here. My wife sent an inquiry today and I'll send another next week, but it doesn't seem like HAL gives a squat about this at all. 

My question is, what should I do if it's not updated by the time my next cruise leaves (mid - March)? I will not be able to take advantage of the higher level star benefits, as their system will still think I'm the lower star level. I don't want to have to fight for these benefits in the middle of a cruise.

57 minutes ago, Fluoroman11 said:

Mine still hasn't posted either (Rotti 12/3-12/15), and I'm in the same position - stuck between star levels until it posts. I've also received the same lip service from the mariner society that things will be sorted out by "the end of the week" or by "Jan. 8" that others are posting here. My wife sent an inquiry today and I'll send another next week, but it doesn't seem like HAL gives a squat about this at all. 

My question is, what should I do if it's not updated by the time my next cruise leaves (mid - March)? I will not be able to take advantage of the higher level star benefits, as their system will still think I'm the lower star level. I don't want to have to fight for these benefits in the middle of a cruise.

What level will you be when your cruise posts?

Since later sailings appear to be processing normally, I imagine that we'll be updated before March. I'd document all the interactions with the Mariner Society. (Date, time, person to whom you spoke.) My final escalation would be a registered letter, return receipt, to the Guest Relations / Office of the President address.

The chasm between 4* and 5* is 300 days wide, so I was just being tongue in cheek. I expect to at ~270 days after our sailing posts. The next bump is at 500 days. If we're lucky, we'll clear that hurdle before the end of the decade.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, POA1 said:

What level will you be when your cruise posts?

Since later sailings appear to be processing normally, I imagine that we'll be updated before March. I'd document all the interactions with the Mariner Society. (Date, time, person to whom you spoke.) My final escalation would be a registered letter, return receipt, to the Guest Relations / Office of the President address.

The chasm between 4* and 5* is 300 days wide, so I was just being tongue in cheek. I expect to at ~270 days after our sailing posts. The next bump is at 500 days. If we're lucky, we'll clear that hurdle before the end of the decade.

Thanks for your suggestions. It's my jump to 4*, so a decent jump in benefits that I'd like to take advantage of without numerous trips to the font desk.

11 minutes ago, Fluoroman11 said:

Thanks for your suggestions. It's my jump to 4*, so a decent jump in benefits that I'd like to take advantage of without numerous trips to the font desk.

Congratulations! Four stars is the big one, in my humble opinion.

10 hours ago, Big Dawg CC said:

Nov 15 disembark updated Nov 23.  Went from 481 to 499.  To quote Maxwell Smart, "missed it by that much!"

Ouch!

On another site (book of faces) this morning:

For all those missing Mariner points for cruises taken in December 2023 -- Here's what I received today: "Thank you for your recent correspondence with the Mariner Society. Unfortunately, we experienced issues with the automated systems that process voyages for all December 2023 sailings. We currently have no ETA on when this issue will be resolved, but we are working to correct it. There is no further action required on this matter, we will update the guests Cruise History as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Kind Regards, Garrett
Mariner Society
Holland America Line
800-547-9139
206-626-7359
Monday-Friday 8:00am – 5:00p

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...