Taking drinks on board Azura

amurray88

5 hours ago, Fionboard said:

Maybe on some ships but not on Arcadia at Xmas. 

I suspect that P&O are trying to encourage passenges to buy their wine by the glass. Certainly on price there no longer seems any cost benefit to buying by the bottle, at least for wines at my price point.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I suspect that P&O are trying to encourage passenges to buy their wine by the glass. Certainly on price there no longer seems any cost benefit to buying by the bottle, at least for wines at my price point.

DW drinks Zinfandel... £8.45 per 250ml or £25 for bottle...grand saving of 35p!

23 hours ago, 9265359 said:

The nearest SuperDino is https://maps.app.goo.gl/RiUYBxSmH1LtRwaR8 - stop in on the way back from a stroll to Parque García Sanabria.

We were there on 3 kings day (Tenerifes equivalent to Christmas day I understand) so most places were closed. We stopped in at a corner shop...bottle of wine, 2 cans of beer £10)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, amurray88 said:

We were there on 3 kings day (Tenerifes equivalent to Christmas day I understand) so most places were closed. We stopped in at a corner shop...bottle of wine, 2 cans of beer £10)

9 hours ago, amurray88 said:

Was this the Spar ? I take it you had no trouble taking your bottles onboard ? 

On 1/8/2024 at 6:02 PM, smilesonfaces said:

Was this the Spar ? I take it you had no trouble taking your bottles onboard ? 

The spar was closed unfortunately so was just a wee tourist trap place with sweeties, postcards, drinks etc.

No issues at all and felt as though we could have taken on 4 kegs of beer and no-one would have cared. This is only in Tenerife though - the other ports, security has been carried out by P&O and I would say they would have been stricter.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, amurray88 said:

The spar was closed unfortunately so was just a wee tourist trap place with sweeties, postcards, drinks etc.

No issues at all and felt as though we could have taken on 4 kegs of beer and no-one would have cared. This is only in Tenerife though - the other ports, security has been carried out by P&O and I would say they would have been stricter.

Thank you. It’s mainly cans of pop but may also get a couple of bottles of wine if it isn’t a problem. I never considered the spar being closed. I’m sure there will be plenty of little shops about. 

37 minutes ago, smilesonfaces said:

Thank you. It’s mainly cans of pop but may also get a couple of bottles of wine if it isn’t a problem. I never considered the spar being closed. I’m sure there will be plenty of little shops about. 

If your ship is calling at Gran Canaria  there is a big shopping centre opposite where you normally dock called "Centro Comercial El Muelle"   On the ground floor of the complex is a big supermarket we use.

I am limited to zero sugar soft drinks ,so grab a few cans for use on the balcony and had no probs taking them onboard with security .

• Like 1

On 1/10/2024 at 12:01 PM, smilesonfaces said:

It was only closed for that one day 👌.

We were in Fuerteventura today and boarded with a bottle of beer (found a craft beer I like in a Hyperdino for 74¢ (normally about £2.50 at home) so thought I'd risk it... No hassle. I heard someone at the pool today saying someone at their dinner table brought on a suitcase full of drink. Seems a bit over the top? But hey ho

• Like 1

I was told on Iona that they rarely take a bottle from you now when getting back on as it's just too much hassle. People were claiming their drinks back on the last night and some was going missing. People were threatening legal action and the staff were upset, so now unless you try to bring daft amounts on they just leave it.

1 hour ago, Clodia said:

I was told on Iona that they rarely take a bottle from you now when getting back on as it's just too much hassle. People were claiming their drinks back on the last night and some was going missing. People were threatening legal action and the staff were upset, so now unless you try to bring daft amounts on they just leave it.

We were on with a pram and I was quite surprised...every time they asked for the baby to come out and gave the pram a good search...might have just been for weapons etc. don't get me wrong, if you wanted to take something on it would have been very easy though

• 3 weeks later...

Can I ask a further question on this. We are dong a back to back from Malta but it is booked as the one cruise.  On the change over day can we take on an additional allowance amount of wine/alcohol