Pre-Cruise NCL Lanyard Purchase

Need2Chill

I read in another forum about a woman ordering NCL lanyards ahead of her cruise, but I can’t find the post now. I know they are available on the ship, but I’d like to purchase these as a gift for our group pre-cruise. Can I order these somewhere from NCL? Or is there another source? Thanks in advance!

Edited by Need2Chill
Typo

4 minutes ago, Middleager said:

I just re-used conference name tag holder (having attended many conferences). The ones with zip is best, so the card won't fall out.   Actually the ones without zip, my card hasn't fallen out, it seems sticky enough.

I have many of those from conferences too but these are a gift. I wanted to specifically purchase NCL lanyards for our group. 

22 minutes ago, Need2Chill said:

I read in another forum about a woman ordering NCL lanyards ahead of her cruise, but I can’t find the post now. I know they are available on the ship, but I’d like to purchase these as a gift for our group pre-cruise. Can I order these somewhere from NCL? Or is there another source? Thanks in advance!

Not "official", but alternatives if you like them:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=ncl+lanyards&hvadid=557475448778&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9004457&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=b&hvrand=13690292607469280630&hvtargid=kwd-935657365607&hydadcr=15422_13496280&tag=googhydr-20&ref=pd_sl_6rr4ri2ymf_b

18 minutes ago, Need2Chill said:

I have many of those from conferences too but these are a gift. I wanted to specifically purchase NCL lanyards for our group. 

Ok.  They cost >US$10 on the ship, rip off price.

You can certainly order them on Amazon, Staples, Walmart, etc.

9 minutes ago, Need2Chill said:

With the NCL logo?

If you want NCL lanyards with NCL logo, probably need to buy from NCL.  That'll cost.

Or you can add some NCL logo or identifiers yourself to the lanyards you buy, depending on how fancy you like.

I guess because we've take cruises on NCL, Carnival, and others, I'm not big on carrying/wearing advertising for those companies.

49 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

This is perfect! Thank you. 
Oops! I see now the minimum order is 50 lanyards. Maybe it’s not possible to order only 10. 

4 minutes ago, Need2Chill said:

Oops! I see now the minimum order is 50 lanyards. Maybe it’s not possible to order only 10. 

Additionally - you'd need the sleeve to put the room card in...

CC sells some as well - https://boards.cruisecritic.com/ccstore/lanyard/

Edited by hallux

1 hour ago, Need2Chill said:

1 hour ago, ColeThornton said:

If you order these, you will likely need to buy separate pouches for your card. Most ships are switching over to rfid/proximity cards and these lanyards would not work unless you buy a separate pouch (you can NOT punch a hole in most room keys any longer). 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

If you order these, you will likely need to buy separate pouches for your card. Most ships are switching over to rfid/proximity cards and these lanyards would not work unless you buy a separate pouch (you can NOT punch a hole in most room keys any longer). 

Yes, I understand. The pouch will be compatible with no holes in the card needed. Thank you!

A great idea and I get that you want the NCL ones. But if they are hard to find, wouldn't it be just as niceif you can find some other pretty other ones. As long as the group will have the same looking ones I think I would prefer that. But that's me, and I totally get if you want the NCL ones!

19 hours ago, Need2Chill said:

Welcome to Cruise Critic where no one has an answer to the question you ask. Instead they will offer obvious answers to different questions.  😂

• Haha 6

On 12/30/2023 at 11:54 AM, Need2Chill said:

How about this?