Free Elite laundry for cabin?

Seaspartan

We are excited to sail on a 28 day cruise in April, our prior cruises were 14 days or less. My DH is Elite status and I won’t be Elite until the completion of this cruise. Does anyone know from practical experience if the laundry is free for the cabin given his Elite status?  Will my items be separated out and charged if we send in a mixed bag of laundry?

The laundry staff takes your stuff out of the paper bag and puts tags on each item (it's fun finding the tags later...like 2 years later), then transfers everything to a net bag for washing. They don't care (and how would they know for sure) which items belong to which person in the cabin.

Be aware that some have had clothes returned with shrinkage, holes, etc. Never happened to us, but it could. I wouldn't put anything that's brand new or expensive in the laundry bag, just in case. Some have had success getting reimbursement for ruined items.

Also, to verify what's being sent, I take pix of all the items laid out on the bed. That way if something is missing, I can report it and hopefully get it back. Same as above, never lost anything, but it has happened to others.

• Haha 2

I use the free laundry, however, I don't send any clothing that may be ruined. I take laundry pods and dryer sheets with me to do the things that I don't want to send out. While you can purchase the detergent and dryer sheets on board my experience is that after a few days those items may or may not be available. You didn't which which ship but most of them have a laundry area on every deck!

11 hours ago, Seaspartan said:

We are excited to sail on a 28 day cruise in April, our prior cruises were 14 days or less. My DH is Elite status and I won’t be Elite until the completion of this cruise. Does anyone know from practical experience if the laundry is free for the cabin given his Elite status?  Will my items be separated out and charged if we send in a mixed bag of laundry?

From what I have read here on CC it seems that Grandma and Grandpa get elite laundry and send the entire extended families laundry out with there's.  I don't know if they have cracked down on that but I hope they did. To be honest on a 7 day cruise it takes 48 hours to get it back. I can use the self serve machines and have it back in an hour and a half. On longer cruises it's a benefit.

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

The laundry staff takes your stuff out of the paper bag and puts tags on each item (it's fun finding the tags later...like 2 years later), then transfers everything to a net bag for washing. They don't care (and how would they know for sure) which items belong to which person in the cabin.

Be aware that some have had clothes returned with shrinkage, holes, etc. Never happened to us, but it could. I wouldn't put anything that's brand new or expensive in the laundry bag, just in case. Some have had success getting reimbursement for ruined items.

Also, to verify what's being sent, I take pix of all the items laid out on the bed. That way if something is missing, I can report it and hopefully get it back. Same as above, never lost anything, but it has happened to others.

Sounds like more work than just using the laundromat and having it back in an hour.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

Sounds like more work than just using the laundromat and having it back in an hour.

It can be. I was also counting all the different types of garments and writing them on the paper that is provided in your cabin. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Cruiser Nonna said:

For Elite is laundry unlimited or goes by number of days onboard - thinking of a 30 day cruise and how much complimentary laundry we would receive?  Thank you for your help - stay well, safe and Happy New Year!

Unlimited. Subject to changes in program as rumor has it changes to be announced within the month? Also subject to turnaround processing. My last 18 day sailing, last day to submit laundry was morning of 3 days before end of cruise.

2 hours ago, wallyj said:

Unlimited. Subject to changes in program as rumor has it changes to be announced within the month? Also subject to turnaround processing. My last 18 day sailing, last day to submit laundry was morning of 3 days before end of cruise.

And where did this latest rumor come from?  That has been a rumor for almost as long as we have had free laundry..... many years.  We have had laundry turnaround times anywhere from next day to 5 days.

On 12/31/2023 at 6:07 AM, JF - retired RRT said:

We have had ruined items, missing items and wrong items.  Everything always has been resolved satisfactorily.  I don't missed the laundry room days, but then again some folks enjoy their time there.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, cruiserdf said:

And where did this latest rumor come from?  That has been a rumor for almost as long as we have had free laundry..... many years.  We have had laundry turnaround times anywhere from next day to 5 days.

There is a thread started Dec 27? Titled ‘Captain Circle Tiers’, someone posted loyalty program changes to be announced within the month.

Of course, this could be just ‘talk’, which is why I said ‘rumor’.