LIVE-Prima Feb 2-9, 2024 from Galveston-Western Caribbean with PICs, Haven (HE)

25 minutes ago, JIMESOPUS said:

We experienced something new from NCL on our latest check-in, we got an email from NCL reminding us to check in and a second email informing us that the Edocs were ready.

We have been selecting a later arrival time since most cabins in steerage aren't ready until 2 PM or later and the main dining room opens after 1 PM.

Same here.  I have started checking in later and later. Prefer not to mill about the port waiting for an hour or more.  To me, that's not fun.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

I did not receive the reminder email to check in for my upcoming cruise (perhaps because I am one of those lunatics who already checked in at midnight), but I did receive the email informing me that the edocs were ready. The earliest time available out of Miami was 11:00 AM. Wondering whether that is normal for Miami or whether this is related to the marathon happening that morning.

I also did not encounter the technical issues that @graphicguy had to deal with but I do think it's a conspiracy against him.

It is...it's a conspiracy.  LOL!

I know some had an issue with Windows machines.  I use a Mac.  It's usually pretty easy-peezy.  Today, NCL's WEB site on my end has been funky with Safari.

They're selling out their cruises.  Might want to invest in a wee-little bit on WEB site infrastructure given a lot of their communications are done that way.

3 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

It is...it's a conspiracy.  LOL!

I know some had an issue with Windows machines.  I use a Mac.  It's usually pretty easy-peezy.  Today, NCL's WEB site on my end has been funky with Safari.

I use Mac and Safari, too. A conspiracy sounds more and more likely.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

I use Mac and Safari, too. A conspiracy sounds more and more likely.

Now, I'm peaking around corners before I walk into a room.  Thanks...thanks a lot!!!!!  LOL!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JIMESOPUS said:

We experienced something new from NCL on our latest check-in, we got an email from NCL reminding us to check in and a second email informing us that the Edocs were ready.

We have been selecting a later arrival time since most cabins in steerage aren't ready until 2 PM or later and the main dining room opens after 1 PM.

NCL doesn’t have a steerage category on any of its ships. 

Edited by zqvol

25 minutes ago, zqvol said:

NCL doesn’t have a steerage category on any of its ships. 

Not in name but have you seen those cabins on the Star deck #4?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just received this..kind of figured this was going to happen given I could not get euros last October while on board.  Dollars or nothing!

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOREIGN CURRENCY EXCHANGE SERVICE DISCONTINUATION Dear Valued Guests and Travel Partners, Thank you for choosing to sail with us for your upcoming cruise vacation. We have important information to share, and travel partners are asked to share this information with impacted guests. Effective February 1, 2024, we will no longer provide foreign currency exchange services on board, and USD will be the only form of currency accepted for the settling of your onboard account. If you are in need of US currency for your upcoming cruise, we encourage you to obtain it prior to embarkation. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. As always, we are at your service and look forward to providing you with a truly memorable onboard experience! Sincerely, Norwegian Cruise Line Please do not reply to this email.

Edited by graphicguy

3 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOREIGN CURRENCY EXCHANGE SERVICE DISCONTINUATION Dear Valued Guests and Travel Partners, Thank you for choosing to sail with us for your upcoming cruise vacation. We have important information to share, and travel partners are asked to share this information with impacted guests. Effective February 1, 2024, we will no longer provide foreign currency exchange services on board, and USD will be the only form of currency accepted for the settling of your onboard account. If you are in need of US currency for your upcoming cruise, we encourage you to obtain it prior to embarkation. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. As always, we are at your service and look forward to providing you with a truly memorable onboard experience! Sincerely, Norwegian Cruise Line Please do not reply to this email.

Well, I guess I will have to take my Italian liras elsewhere.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Well, I guess I will have to take my Italian liras elsewhere.

Customer Service on board my Mediterranean cruise said they didn’t have Euros to exchange for my Dollars.  Thought that was weird given all the ports we visited accepted Euros as their main currency.

Sounds like it’s Dollars or nothing no matter where they cruise!

• Like 1

TERMINAL ARRIVAL TIME:
11:00 am - 11:30 am 
image.png.dbf50e189ab81d046321ef151a9048e6.png
  • Haven Image
  • GUEST NAME:
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    RESERVATION NUMBER:
  • xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • SHIP:
    Norwegian Prima
  • SAIL DATE:
    02/02/2024
  • STATEROOM:
    HAVEN SUITE HE
  • STATEROOM #:
    xxxxxx
  • STATEROOM LOCATION:
    13 MID
  • LATITUDE NUMBER:
    xxxxxxxx
  • LATITUDE REWARD LEVEL:
    SAPPHIRE
Norwegian Cruise Lines logo
CRUISE DOCUMENTS

Your best vacation ever starts here. Please review these documents for accuracy. You should bring these documents along with your passport or proof of citizenship to the pier for check-in. See an error or have any questions, please contact your travel professional, visit www.ncl.com or call our Reservations Department during standard business hours at 1.800.327.7030 and we'll take care of it right away.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
Printing of eDocs does not confirm boarding. It is required that you bring all proper documentation at time of check-in. A valid passport, original birth certificate with government issued photo ID, enhanced drivers license, US passport card, or original copy of US naturalization certificate is required for US citizens for this sailing. All non-US citizens must possess a valid passport and visas for all countries visited on this cruise, if applicable. 

For cruise only guests booking their own return flights, we suggest a departure time no less than 6 hours after the announced ships' arrival time. 

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: There are certain items that cannot be brought onboard. For the list of prohibited items please click here: Prohibited Item List

printer

Guest Details
GUESTS ADULT/
CHILD
CTZ INS LATITUDES*#  STATUS THE TIME YOU HAVE SELECTED
TO ARRIVE AT THE PIER

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx A  US N xxxxxxxxxx SAPPHIRE 11:00 am - 11:30 am

RESERVATION # : xxxxxxxxxxxx   FARES AS AGREED    
At The Pier
SHIP NAME SAILING DATE STATEROOM BOOKED BY
Norwegian Prima 02/02/204

13306 - MID DECK 13

AMERICAN DISCOUNT CRUISES
BOARDING PROCESS PIER ADDRESS
Google Maps

•Boarding begins at 12:00 PM.
Please note the time you have selected to arrive at the pier.
Guest arriving to the pier before your select arrival time will be asked to come back at the appropriate time.
Port of Galveston2702 Harborside, TX 77554 Save time by affixing these tags to your suitcases before arriving to the pier.  
•Departure time: 04:00 PM DATE: 02/02/2024
All Guests must be on board the ship no later than 2 hours prior to the departure time noted on these documents or they will not be permitted to sail.

Before and After Your Cruise

TRANSFER VOUCHER

This voucher is good for transfer from the PORT to the AIRPORT

RESERVATION # : xxxxxxxxxxx SAILING DATE : 02/02/2024  
TRANSFER DATE : 02/09/2024  
GUESTS :  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  
Transportation Provider:
INTERCRUISES SHORESIDE GALVESTON
111 MAIN ST 
Galveston , 
P +1 (409)682-3157

Transfer Information
Detailed disembarkation information and luggage tags will be provided to you while onboard. Our representative will meet you upon disembarkation from the ship for your pier to airport transfer. Please have your transfer vouchers ready. Transfers are nonrefundable and no credit will be given for any unused portion. In the event of an emergency please contact Norwegian Cruise Line at 1-800-327-7030 or 305-436-4000.

EMERGENCY INFORMATION & FLIGHT ASSISTANCE
If you should experience a flight interruption emergency while en-route to your cruise, call us toll free from the US and Canada at 1.800.456.7179. Outside the US and Canada call us at 1.305.468.2029. We accept collect calls. 

GROUND TRANSPORTATION
Transfers between the airport and pier are available for purchase for all guests. Whether you're looking for safe reliable transportation or something more luxurious, please contact us at 1.800.327.7030 or at www.ncl.com/getting-to-the-pier/transfers-and-car-services at least 4 days prior to sailing. If you made your cruise reservation through a travel agency, please contact your travel professional directly to book transfers. 

Important Information
DOCUMENTATION
All guests must provide Norwegian Cruise Line with their full legal names, EXACTLY as they appear on their travel documents by the final payment date, to avoid denial of boarding. All guests require proof of citizenship. A valid passport is recommended for all cruises and is a requirement for most sailings. In addition to your passport, a visa may be required. Visa requirements vary by country and are subject to change. For the appropriate requirements based on your itinerary and nationality, please contact your travel professional, local immigration office or visit www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/cruise-travel-documents. It is the guest's responsibility to obtain required visas and other documentation prior to sailing, including vaccinations for infectious diseases. Failure to arrive with proper documentation could result in denied boarding, and no further compensation will be offered. 

NOTE: The guests' attention is specifically directed to the Terms and Conditions of this contract which you have accepted during the online registration process. These Terms and Conditions affect important legal rights and the guest is advised to read them carefully. View and print a PDF of the Terms and Conditions.

Cruise Itinerary
PORT OF CALL/ITINERARY   ARRIVE DEPART
GALVESTON TEXAS, TEXAS, US     02/02/24 04:00 PM
AT SEA      
COSTA MAYA, MEXICO DOCK 02/04/24 01:00 PM 02/04/24 08:00 PM
HARVEST CAYE, BELIZE DOCK 02/05/24 09:00 AM 02/05/24 05:00 PM
ROATAN BAY ISLANDS, HONDURAS DOCK 02/06/24 07:00 AM 02/06/24 04:00 PM
COZUMEL, MEXICO DOCK 02/07/24 09:00 AM 02/07/24 06:00 PM
AT SEA      
GALVESTON TEXAS, TEXAS, US DOCK 02/09/24 08:00 AM  
TRANSFER     02/09/24
HOUSTON INTER. / NEW YORK, LGA   02/09/24 02/09/24
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

THE ALMIGHTY FOLDER…keeper of all the paper copies of everything I have digitally.  Back up of EVERYTHING….including a copy of my passport.

I like my belts and suspenders too. Copy of passport was very helpful when my travel companion's passport was stolen in Paris.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

And, the holder of all things ID and credit card related….

IMG_2390.jpeg

Those are truly very useful.  I was looking for something like then when I remembered having received one as a 'party favor' at a corporate event.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Those are truly very useful.  I was looking for something like then when I remembered having received one as a 'party favor' at a corporate event.  

Received mine the same way...corporate "swag".  Been using it for many years.  Very useful.

1 hour ago, occasional cruiser guy said:

Weird thing is, I got the emails about checking in and no longer exchanging currency,  however no Edocs.   We are both checked in for an 1130am boarding though.  Checking in was a breeze.

Is the link for eDocs not working?

This is a bit sideways from a reviews, but it does have cruise implications for any cruise line (and general good health).

I know some buy or bring bottled water on board.  I’m not one of those.  I have seen NCL’s filtration systems.  I think their water is probably more pristine than what you get in any bottled water.  

NCL sells “boxed” water if you still want to buy water.

This information has been hitting the news outlets….FYI!

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/bottled-water-nanoplastics-up-to-100-times-more-plastic-pnas/

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

This is a bit sideways from a reviews, but it does have cruise implications for any cruise line (and general good health).

I know some buy or bring bottled water on board.  I’m not one of those.  I have seen NCL’s filtration systems.  I think their water is probably more pristine than what you get in any bottled water.  

NCL sells “boxed” water if you still want to buy water.

This information has been hitting the news outlets….FYI!

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/bottled-water-nanoplastics-up-to-100-times-more-plastic-pnas/

Drinking water out of the sink over ice in a glass tastes better than the "boxed" water tbh.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/2/2024 at 3:42 PM, graphicguy said:

I used the NCL Credit Card to buy Christmas gifts (that bill is due this month 😮).  That gives me $200 OBC 

I’m sure you know this, but if you use your NCL card for onboard expenses you get triple points, then use the points for statement credit.  You’re leaving money on the table by using points for OBC.  Just my thoughts.  Looking forward to meeting you on this cruise.

Edited by MagnoliaBlossom
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

I’m sure you know this, but if you use your NCL card for onboard expenses you get triple points, then use the points for statement credit.  You’re leaving money on the table by using points for OBC.  Just my thoughts.  Looking forward to meeting you on this cruise.

Thanks!

I'm all over that.  The above doesn't show the OBC.  I work the discounts, perks and OBC as I find them.

I used my AMEX Platinum to book the cruise.  So, I get $300 OBC + dinner at LeBistro from them.

I used the NCL card to buy Christmas gifts.  Getting $200 OBC from that.  Didn't know about the 3X points for on board purchase.  Good to know!  Thanks!

Sold my NCL shares, otherwise I would get another $100 OBC from that.  But, I thought I was pausing cruising and felt the stock had topped out for a while. I was wrong on all counts.  LOL!

Can't remember, are you going to be at the M&G?  Looking very forward to meeting you on board!

Edited by graphicguy