Gelato - Premium Desserts?

Crookshanks

I tried searching, but it didn't work too well.  I'm going on the Regal in 12 days, yay!  I have the Princess Premier and I was curious if the Gelato Bar was included with the unlimited Premium Desserts or if that was still a la carte.

Thank you in advance!  

1 hour ago, Crookshanks said:

I tried searching, but it didn't work too well.  I'm going on the Regal in 12 days, yay!  I have the Princess Premier and I was curious if the Gelato Bar was included with the unlimited Premium Desserts or if that was still a la carte.

Thank you in advance!  

While I’ve not been on the Regal, the Royal did allow gelato scoops as a premium dessert.  The  Diamond Princess would not allow it!  So strange but that was what we encountered.  

• Like 1

Guest Snaxmuppet

I cannot see any rationale as to why something that contains gelato and other things might not be considered a premium dessert if you take out the other things.

Guest Snaxmuppet
28 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

We were just on the Sky transatlantic a month ago.  We had no problem getting gelato "covered" by our Premier package.

Was it truly unlimited (drooling at the mouth here - I love gelato!)?

I was on the on the Regal in early November. I ordered a double scoop of coffee gelato in a sugar cone at Gelato in the Piazza. I asked the server and was told there would be no charge as I have the Plus Package. Indeed, no charge appeared on my account.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

While I’ve not been on the Regal, the Royal did allow gelato scoops as a premium dessert.  The  Diamond Princess would not allow it!  So strange but that was what we encountered.  

Order the premium sundae.  Hold the booze.  Hold the candy.  Hold the sucker.  Etcetera.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Snaxmuppet said:

Was it truly unlimited (drooling at the mouth here - I love gelato!)?

Yes, on Discovery earlier, Oct 2023, could get unlimited any flavor gelato at the Gelato bar. On Emerald in August and told no, only included gelato available was on lido deck where they made the Premium Sundaes. So it depends on ship.

I can only tell the OP what happened on our 14 day Sky Princess cruise in early December.  We had the Premiere Package and were never charged for any gelato.   We had no desire to get the weird premium desserts and would simply order 2 or 3 scoops of various flavors.  We never asked about the cost (we had tons of OBC so could care less) but did notice that our onboard account never had any charges for any gelato (and we did enjoy it multiple times).

Hank

Rick and Jeannie, I believe you were on the Regal, and we are to be on it less than 2 months. As I have never had gelato, but have heard plenty about it, can you give me an idea what deck/area this might be at?

1 hour ago, beshears said:

Rick and Jeannie, I believe you were on the Regal, and we are to be on it less than 2 months. As I have never had gelato, but have heard plenty about it, can you give me an idea what deck/area this might be at?

Review the ships deck plans. Regal is a Royal class ship and on deck 5 midship you will find the Gelato bar next to Vines. Gelato and Ice Cream are similar but google what is the difference between Gelato and Ice Cream for more detailed info.